• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Night of the Walking Dead by ranger613

timster said:
this is my first post here. welcome me *yay* lol

I saw this listed and had to come check it out. This looks really good, and going by the reviews posted, I have to see it. of course, I'll PM you for the link or links. I'll definitely look around the site and check out more of people's work too.
Thanks for the kind words man! I'll get you the links soon. Enjoy[emoji6]

my review of ranger613’s Night of the Walking Dead.
For those that have seen The Walking Dead, you’ll immediately love this. For those that have not seen it, well, what are you waiting for, permission? Oh, and if you have never seem TWD, stop reading now because there will be spoilers.

The first thing I noticed was the lack of Morgan, his son Duane and their story, which was good in the television program for story and continuity sake explaining how Rick went from coming out of a coma to being out on his own traveling to Atlanta, in a movie timeline, Morgan’s story was unnecessary.

One thing I really liked was not having to see Carol’s husband, like Morgan’s story, unnecessary.

Something that the TV program had too much off was the pointless walking around on Hershel’s farm, seriously, get on with the story already.

The well walker was fucking disgusting. I made the mistake of having lunch while I was watching this.

Glenn goes in the barn, Maggie gets her panties in a bunch, Glenn snitches and then Rick and Carl burn it to the MF’in ground after a crapload of talking and arguing about it that was fortunately removed from this.

Now I’ve probably missed things here and there that were excluded, I tried to get the bigger more noticeable ones since it’s 1am here in Toronto and I’m somewhat tired.

In my opinion, this is definitely worthy of being on the big screen, or in the very least, bought by and shown on AMC as a Walking Dead ‘special event’

Thanks to ranger613 for this fine piece of work. Now we wait for the season 3-4 movie. #NoPressureAtAll

Review posted on IFDB:

This was a very impressive fanedit! I'm amazed you pulled off condensing 19 episodes into a coherent 3 hour storyline. The plot moved fast while retaining key character development. At some points however it felt a little too fast; for example, Carl is shot and they immediately find the farm and a couple scenes later, oh he's better now.

Overall, highly recommended for Walking Dead fans. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

A/V Quality - 8/10
Editing - 9/10 visual, 10/10 audio
Narrative & Enjoyment - 9/10

Neglify said:
Review posted on IFDB:

This was a very impressive fanedit! I'm amazed you pulled off condensing 19 episodes into a coherent 3 hour storyline. The plot moved fast while retaining key character development. At some points however it felt a little too fast; for example, Carl is shot and they immediately find the farm and a couple scenes later, oh he's better now.

Overall, highly recommended for Walking Dead fans. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

A/V Quality - 8/10
Editing - 9/10 visual, 10/10 audio
Narrative & Enjoyment - 9/10
Thanks very much [MENTION=9578]Neglify[/MENTION]! This was the hardest edit to make to date, just trying to compress all that info into one film wasn't going to cut it, so my focus was, what is the best film I could make from all this?, and I hope I did. Nothing should be three hours long unless its epic, and that was the goal. Thank you very much for the kind words my friend :)

Thanks for the great review [MENTION=30073]KobaKommander[/MENTION]! Really glad you enjoyed this and hope you will enjoy the next installment too. Cheers man, appreciate the kind words! Kris

So this this series "shelved" indefinitely?
I really enjoyed the first edit.

Insanity said:
So this this series "shelved" indefinitely?
I really enjoyed the first edit.

This editor hasn't appeared on the forums since December of last year. But you never know, you may be able to get hold of him with a PM. I hope he's ok, he seemed like a cool guy when he frequented here.

addiesin said:
This editor hasn't appeared on the forums since December of last year. But you never know, you may be able to get hold of him with a PM. I hope he's ok, he seemed like a cool guy when he frequented here.

I'm pretty sure he is just taking time off because he was getting swamped at school. I have a feeling we'll be seeing him again come summer. He was a very nice guy, so I also hope he comes back. He'll probably come back with a handful of edits to post lol.

Back
Top Bottom