• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Night of the Walking Dead by ranger613

Sometimes I lurk the forums here but this was so freaking awesome that it caused me to finally make a post.

This is one of the best if not best fan edits I've ever seen of a tv or movie series that I greatly enjoyed in the first place. You simply made everything better.

It was a blast even though I've seen the first two seasons twice already. Thank you so much. I look forward to the next installment so bad I can hardly wait arghhhh

fblakin said:
Just downloaded the movie and I can say Ranger613 hit a home run. The movie is seamless I watched both seasons and the things he cut out made it flow and weren't missed. Ranger613 I appreciate this super effort and will watch anything you have done. Thank you Ranger613 please let me know of any of your works.I can't wait for the next seasons to be edited by you.

Thank you
Fred

Fred thank you very much for the kind words man. I truly appreciate your support for the project and the glowing review. I'll try to keep producing the best products possible for your enjoyment haha. Cheers my friend :)

OldManCrenshaw said:
Sometimes I lurk the forums here but this was so freaking awesome that it caused me to finally make a post.

This is one of the best if not best fan edits I've ever seen of a tv or movie series that I greatly enjoyed in the first place. You simply made everything better.

It was a blast even though I've seen the first two seasons twice already. Thank you so much. I look forward to the next installment so bad I can hardly wait arghhhh
[MENTION=12225]OldManCrenshaw[/MENTION] , thank you for the kind words my friend. I'm really happy you enjoyed this edit. I just put it together the way I thought it would work, my goal was to make the best zombie movie possible, not a tv show. something to rank up there with Romeros night or dawn, which I could play for my friends. All the credit goes to the show and its creators, its a great one. Next up, DAWN of the Walking Dead. Cheers man :)

Going to have to re-download this lol. I haven't watched the earlier cut yet, probably a good thing.

wayne.workman2012 said:
Going to have to re-download this lol. I haven't watched the earlier cut yet, probably a good thing.

Haha yup. I'll actually PM you the links as I'm on Mega now. Hope you enjoy!:)

I rewatched it today. Great experience and I think it's going to win Favorite Edit of the Month Award ;).

Still, I think next time you shouldn't start the movie within the first 10 sec. Try at least to add some credits like "Fanedit.Org & Ranger present" or something. And to make a proper credits opening ;). Yeah, I know I'm nitpicking but it's good to have a climatic build-up ;).

Hmm, and it's strange to see randomly put end credits with Jimmy and Patricia actors names only :). Next time create your own so that you can put the whole song ;).

But you managed to tell a decent and strong story with characters that we all care about.

I'm looking forward to see "Dawn..."

Zagadka said:
I rewatched it today. Great experience and I think it's going to win Favorite Edit of the Month Award ;).

Still, I think next time you shouldn't start the movie within the first 10 sec. Try at least to add some credits like "Fanedit.Org & Ranger present" or something. And to make a proper credits opening ;). Yeah, I know I'm nitpicking but it's good to have a climatic build-up ;).

Hmm, and it's strange to see randomly put end credits with Jimmy and Patricia actors names only :). Next time create your own so that you can put the whole song ;).

But you managed to tell a decent and strong story with characters that we all care about.

I'm looking forward to see "Dawn..."
Thanks [MENTION=6802]Zagadka[/MENTION]. All your suggestions are good ones and I'll certainly take into consideration for the next film. Reason I opened the way I did was I wanted a "cold" opening, like we're thrown right in with no buildup and feel some of the disorientation Rick does. And the credits I should have made new ones, you're right. My main problem was that time was another factor-- I'm never happy when something approaches 3 hours but unfortunately this had to in order to convey enough depth.

Will definitely incorporate changes into Dawn.. and thanks again for the anadel song from the game . Speaking of which, I need to get the latest Wolf among us [emoji16]

ranger613 said:
OldManCrenshaw , thank you for the kind words my friend. I'm really happy you enjoyed this edit. I just put it together the way I thought it would work, my goal was to make the best zombie movie possible, not a tv show. something to rank up there with Romeros night or dawn, which I could play for my friends. All the credit goes to the show and its creators, its a great one. Next up, DAWN of the Walking Dead. Cheers man :)
It definitely ranks up there with the original Romero trilogy now. And it's also kind of like what Land of the Dead should have been.

Nice to see someone else working on this series.
I've re-made & re-modeled the entire series to date. Mostly rearranging things to my own taste (especially with the last season) & the whole impetus for the project started with wanting to redo the very first episode.

I can't get the photo to upload, the click the link above for a screencap of the library,

What's a Walking Deadby?

regularjoe said:
Nice to see someone else working on this series.
I've re-made & re-modeled the entire series to date. Mostly rearranging things to my own taste (especially with the last season) & the whole impetus for the project started with wanting to redo the very first episode.

I can't get the photo to upload, the click the link above for a screencap of the library,

Hi regularjoe , nice to see you're working on it too. Intersting stuff. May I ask tho, Season 4 has not been released on DVD/blu ray yet, as far as I know, although I see you've edited them. Did you get a pre-release version or something? Thanks

TV's Frink said:
What's a Walking Deadby?

Hi TV's Frink, sorry I did not create this thread here, thank you for pointing out the typo. I am not sure how to edit this. Can you show me how?
Thanks

ranger613 said:
I am not sure how to edit this. Can you show me how?
Thanks

Go to the first post. Click on edit, then click on advanced edit. You can edit the name there.

ThrowgnCpr said:
Go to the first post. Click on edit, then click on advanced edit. You can edit the name there.

Thank you!

ranger613 said:
Thank you!

1KBJA.gif

Just caps off of the air. I did a TON of cutting and rearranging in that season. I dread having to redo it when the dvd's come out. Just dread it. I didn't keep notes of my work, it serves as a blueprint and there is almost nothing that I would change in how I did take #1. One thing that really bugged me was having the season run and then all of a sudden 2 x Governor centric episodes in a row. I recut those into the first few episodes so you have an arc of Rick casting away his gun and becoming Mr. Farmer Guy and the Governor basically doing his same-old routine with new people. After the prison falls I wasn't fond of how they laid it out and intercut several episodes so that the stories were presented concurrently. It was a huge amount of work.

regularjoe said:
Just caps off of the air. I did a TON of cutting and rearranging in that season. I dread having to redo it when the dvd's come out. Just dread it. I didn't keep notes of my work, it serves as a blueprint and there is almost nothing that I would change in how I did take #1. One thing that really bugged me was having the season run and then all of a sudden 2 x Governor centric episodes in a row. I recut those into the first few episodes so you have an arc of Rick casting away his gun and becoming Mr. Farmer Guy and the Governor basically doing his same-old routine with new people. After the prison falls I wasn't fond of how they laid it out and intercut several episodes so that the stories were presented concurrently. It was a huge amount of work.

I hear you. It was tough to edit these. I've got some ideas about how to retool the Governor arc for when the blu ray comes out.
Post prison fall the stories were a mixed bag, some were great (the little girls), some were good (the drunk guy, Daryl), and some were ok at best (Glen, Rick). We'll see when the discs come out, I usually have on the fly ideas while editing. Cheers.

I am not at all a fan of the Guv, whether onscreen or in the comics.
My cut of season 3 basically staggered things more so that the Guv happened in smaller doses whenever possible.
Mostly I consolidate 2-3 episodes and rearrange things throughout the season (flashbacks go to their chronological place, that sort of thing) and try to create some tension where it wasn't before as each episode, after all is said and done, is about 35 minutes of material to work with.
I haven't seen your cut (yet) but my take on the first episode went this way (if any forumites are interested in an alternate way to tackle this):
Shane & Rick talk girl troubles
Rick is shot
Shane goes to Carl's school and intercepts Lori
The bicycle girl webisodes, slightly rearranged and trimmed
Shane goes to get Rick out of the hospital as all hell breaks loose, fails
Rick comes to, leaves hospital and gets thwacked on the head
Shane and Lori are stuck in traffic en route to Atlanta, see it get firebombed
Rick gets filled in on what happened while he was comatose.
Leaves for Atlanta, finishes off the bicycle girl and the kid walker at the gas station.
Arrives in Atlanta, the rest of episode two was worked in here with slight changes to what scene is where (primarily on the back and forth between Atlanta and the camp) to create a bit more tension. Ends with them all racing out of town.

I've been puttering around with stuff like this since the days of Super-8. As soon as I bought the Star Wars trilogy on VHS my Ken films Super-8 digests hit the splicing machine. In the 90's I did a Back to the Future edit and one of Kieslowski's Three Colors movies from laser disc to VHS. I lurk around here & the OT forums and don't say much often, just listen, learn, brainstorm. I tend to work on movies that a lot of other people probably wouldn't, like I made a mashup of three Charlie Brown and Snoopy shows that have a Christmas theme for my son and my current project is an extended edition of "A Mighty Wind."

I look forward to seeing your edit of TWD when I have some time.

Sounds interesting man. It's a straight cut of the series, like an alternate chronological version and I like that.

And that's a good long time to be editing! :) Three colors sounds great as well as snoopy. I'd like to see your edits as well my friend. Cheers :)

this is my first post here. welcome me *yay* lol

I saw this listed and had to come check it out. This looks really good, and going by the reviews posted, I have to see it. of course, I'll PM you for the link or links. I'll definitely look around the site and check out more of people's work too.

Back
Top Bottom