• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Night of the Walking Dead by ranger613

Finishing edits on this one, but I realize I'd like to have a better title...

Anyone have any ideas? There's already The Walking Dead: Apocalypse out there..

I want something like that, something cool.. Can't think of any. Anyone have any ideas??? Thanks!

1. A new opening: I think you should prepare your own opening credits with a proper track to establish the mood. Using the same opening from the TV series doesn’t work and it looks like you made an extended episode instead of the decent zombie movie. Maybe you should create new credits on black screen? Perhaps with a song and not TWD theme? Let me think about it.
And think about the other title than “The Ranger Cut”. It should sound like standalone zombie movie. E.g. “Day/Rise/Twilight of the Walking Dead” ;). Or something like that.
2. It’s not a big deal but Rick visiting the police station seems to be rushed.
3. 00:41:42 there is a strange music jump.
4. What have happened to The Morales family and Jacquie?
5. You can still see onscreen credits when Rick meets Hershel for the first time.

Wait for the rest, and I'm so sorry that I couldn't write it earlier. :/

Thank you for reviewing! I hope you enjoy the rest of it, but so far..

1. Yes, I'm thinking of a new intro
2. New title, I had decided on "The Walking Dead: Forsaken"--but then I saw your suggestion and loved it! Yes, Night of the Walking Dead, Dawn of the Walking Dead, Day of the Walking Dead, Land of the Walking Dead" are all awesome titles. I made a poster already, but will correct it Right now I'm thinking Night of the Walking Dead. BIG thanks to you
3. Had to cut it because Morgan was in every other scene, plus I dont think it affected the flow so much. In this version Rick is more headstrong and less damaged
4. Will fix music cues and Morales scenes will be back in.
5. Will fix credits

Thanks

Poster:

tumblr_n78iqfnbd81tew1ifo1_500.jpg

Hey,
before I write the rest of my list I must tell you theat I'm a great fan of Minimalism. My sister is a graphic design and I'll ask her if she can do something with the covers below ;):

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wvrY4X5-D...AAP4Y/66dwN2ME0a0/s1600/wds2dukedastardly.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/986321efc513a512d1582b0d87a1ad71/tumblr_mkjk8gsYxC1qg8i80o2_1280.jpg

What do you think? They look better than a poster promoting the season 1, in my opinion and they look as if they were taken from a real zombie movie :D.

[MENTION=6802]Zagadka[/MENTION], I Love them! Absolutely that would be great!

I was tying to go for this look but couldn't get the template right:
tumblr_mkjk8gsYxC1qg8i80o2_1280.jpg

This is the Hobbit poster I did, minimalist as well:
tumblr_n74z901aZN1tew1ifo1_500.jpg

Yes I'm definitely open to getting a minimalist backdrop. I'd like to add the text in myself (the "presents", "title", and "fan enhanced bar"), but I'm very open to any interpretation of the image. That would be so cool. Thanks man!

Still tweaking some scenes, but overall happy with this. Will release soon, after getting back some early reviews

Congrats! I'm excited to see the final product. :D

Aztek463 said:
Congrats! I'm excited to see the final product. :D

Thanks [MENTION=4575]Aztek463[/MENTION]! :) A note tho, I really tried hard to fit the Glen/Maggie egg scene in but I could not find a suitable place to fit this in...

This is what I have:
Glen finds barn, Group finds out, Rick faces Hershel about it, Glen confronts Magie and they make up, cut back to Rick and Hershel, Rick goes to help Hershel, Barn shooting scene..

I was thinking of slotting egg scene in between Group finding barn and Rick facing Hershel, but the immediate next scene is Glen talking to Maggie again-- it just felt jarring and too much Glen/Maggie. Other solution is putting another character scene in between Rick/Herschel and Glen/Maggie

Lemme know what you think thanks

ranger613 said:
Thanks Aztek463! :) A note tho, I really tried hard to fit the Glen/Maggie egg scene in but I could not find a suitable place to fit this in...

This is what I have:
Glen finds barn, Group finds out, Rick faces Hershel about it, Glen confronts Magie and they make up, cut back to Rick and Hershel, Rick goes to help Hershel, Barn shooting scene..

I was thinking of slotting egg scene in between Group finding barn and Rick facing Hershel, but the immediate next scene is Glen talking to Maggie again-- it just felt jarring and too much Glen/Maggie. Other solution is putting another character scene in between Rick/Herschel and Glen/Maggie

Lemme know what you think thanks

No worries, mate. If you couldn't find a good spot for it, better to leave it out than to force it in to pander. Sometimes editing is making the hard choices what to keep in and what to take out.

I'm planning/beginning very early ground work for an edit I've been thinking about for a while, and I had a really great idea for an opening scene...but in context of the story I want to tell, I have to do something different. Granted, I have a really cool idea, but it's not what I had been imagining for a long while, so it still kinda sucks. But that's what bonus features are for, aren't they? lol

Well said sir! Thanks for the point in the right direction man:)

I've finally gotten around to finishing this for a second time through, as my first time was simply to watch it without taking notes.

Here is the very small list of what I've come up with:

-maybe include a scene at the beginning with someone explaining to Rick what has happened. Once he makes his way out of the tank and meets the group, he seems to all of a sudden just know that there has been a zombie apocalypse and that most people are dead. We can simply assume that this is crazy obvious, since the streets are deserted and everyone is going berzerk on killing zombies. But if a scene exists where, maybe Glen, explains to Rick what's happened while he was coma'd out, would explain a lot.

-there seems to be two early cuts that are off a bit, somehow. One is where Rick is introduced to the group back at the quarry and then it cuts to the campfire scene. I think this one has been addressed in comments above, so I'm sure you're fixing'er up. The other seems to be when Shane is about to shoot Rick and says the deal about wearing reflective vests, it then cuts to a scene with Shane speaking to Rick. Something seems off about this part, like they were just hunting and are now somewhere else right away.

What I did love was some of the great editing. I loved the fast paced editing of the scene where everyone is hiding under cars and Andrea and Daryl are killing walkers at the same time. The back and forth between Andrea and Daryl is super and definitely gets some adrenaline pumping. As stated in previous posts, the audio and video editing is near flawless, very nice work.

Can't wait to see the final product. I do agree with above posters that a new opening credits and title would work really well, but I personally wouldn't want to see something like "Night of the walking dead", I'd be expecting a Romero/TWD crossover with something like that, but that's just my opinion. I liked your idea of TWD:Forsaken, or something similar.

Enjoy the editing, like I said, can't wait to see a final!

J&MProductions said:
I've finally gotten around to finishing this for a second time through, as my first time was simply to watch it without taking notes.

Here is the very small list of what I've come up with:

-maybe include a scene at the beginning with someone explaining to Rick what has happened. Once he makes his way out of the tank and meets the group, he seems to all of a sudden just know that there has been a zombie apocalypse and that most people are dead. We can simply assume that this is crazy obvious, since the streets are deserted and everyone is going berzerk on killing zombies. But if a scene exists where, maybe Glen, explains to Rick what's happened while he was coma'd out, would explain a lot.

-there seems to be two early cuts that are off a bit, somehow. One is where Rick is introduced to the group back at the quarry and then it cuts to the campfire scene. I think this one has been addressed in comments above, so I'm sure you're fixing'er up. The other seems to be when Shane is about to shoot Rick and says the deal about wearing reflective vests, it then cuts to a scene with Shane speaking to Rick. Something seems off about this part, like they were just hunting and are now somewhere else right away.

What I did love was some of the great editing. I loved the fast paced editing of the scene where everyone is hiding under cars and Andrea and Daryl are killing walkers at the same time. The back and forth between Andrea and Daryl is super and definitely gets some adrenaline pumping. As stated in previous posts, the audio and video editing is near flawless, very nice work.

Can't wait to see the final product. I do agree with above posters that a new opening credits and title would work really well, but I personally wouldn't want to see something like "Night of the walking dead", I'd be expecting a Romero/TWD crossover with something like that, but that's just my opinion. I liked your idea of TWD:Forsaken, or something similar.

Enjoy the editing, like I said, can't wait to see a final!

Thank you very much for taking the time to review this J&M! I truly appreciate this. :)
Yup I will definitely look into making these changes I talked about. I worked on TWD edit for so long that I'm took a short time away from it, but I'll be back to complete it over the weekend with a fresh perspective.

The title is problem.. Night of -- seems catchy but derivative, like you say. But Forsaken is a bit underwhelming. I love the title Apocalypse, but that is already taken. I'll think of something--any suggestions?

Much appreciated my friend. Will update you when the final cut is ready!

Kris

roguishronin said:
As The Walking Dead is based off of a comic, then maybe Compendium would be good? Also, would love to view your edit.
That's a great idea :). I'm just finishing it up will be ready really soon. I will remember to pm you the links as soon as its ready my friend [emoji6]

Nah, I don't think it'd it.

But I have something for the end credits, as you remember, Ragner ;):

Back
Top Bottom