• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Movie Club (Bi-Weekly) - #1 Okja

Moe_Syzlak said:
Will there be booze? My wife’s book club is really more of a sit-around-and-drink-wine club.  :p

From my end, yes. It's rare for me to sit down and watch a film without a fine beer in hand...

Seriously though, this sounds fun. But it will really come down to a movie by movie basis for me. Recently, I’ve been wanting to rectify some egregious holes in my film history. For example, I’ve still never seen Once Upon a Time in America. I realize that we’ll be looking for movies most people haven’t seen, but if they line up with a movie that I’ve been needing to see, I’ll definitely participate (with a beer or two).

Moe_Syzlak said:
...I’ve still never seen Once Upon a Time in America. 

I've been meaning to watch this for a while too. There are so many "classics" which you expect everyone has already seen, but I think we've all probably got a fair few of them that have been on the to-watch list for a long time. It was only in the last year or so that I finally got round to watching Casablanca.

Moe_Syzlak said:
Will there be booze?

Only if the film is bad and hissing if it's really bad.

baileym43 said:
i like the idea of doing a live movie watch.
kinda like a long while ago when @"TVs Frink" held a live watch party for the Ridiculous Menace (i think).
i remember it being super fun and added a whole level of energy to the viewing.
i can't remember if it was an outside webpage or our chat.  but our chat here i would think could be utilized for that sort of thing.

I did it for both my Ridiculous edits (and will do it again in 2037 when ROTR is done).

I used an outside program (a different one each time though I don't remember which ones) so everyone was able to watch sync'd up.

I made an update to the first post.  Please check it out.  I will work on some themes and movies to list soon.

musiced921 said:
-I will try and pair the movie with a beer or wine 

My eyes perked up at "pair", but you had me at "beer".  :D

musiced921 said:
-We'll get started this Saturday 3/24/18 with a one off movie and then starting in April we'll do a theme of the month

Sounds good. Just to clarify: are we all meant to be aiming to watch the film/review on the same day? Or is Saturday just "announcement/briefing day", and then we have until the next date to watch and review?

The Scribbling Man said:
My eyes perked up at "pair", but you had me at "beer".  :D 

:cool:

The Scribbling Man said:
Just to clarify: are we all meant to be aiming to watch the film/review on the same day? Or is Saturday just "announcement/briefing day", and then we have until the next date to watch and review?

I'll make it more clear in my top post, but announcement will be on Saturday.  You can post thoughts and reviews at any point after you've watched the movie and on the final day (which will be two Saturdays from announcement), I will announce the next flick.

This sounds great! Very much looking forward to the club experience.

Neglify said:
This sounds great! Very much looking forward to the club experience.

Maybe you could suggest some acid pairings as well.

musiced921 said:
-I will try and pair the movie with a beer or wine

Or cocktail?

A Bond movie has to be paired with a Vesper, GodfatherII with a banana Daiquiri and a certain movie demands copious White Russians.

musiced921 said:
Here's a calendar for the films to view.

May - What Dreams May Come
August - August: Osage County
September - One Day in September
October - Hunt for Red October
March - March of the Penguins

Sounds like a plan!

Not really, just me making a silly joke.

^ That joke took me an embarrassing amount of time to grok. Time for bed. :p

tumblr_mpzsztRTW21rimr93o2_500.gif

tumblr_mpzsztRTW21rimr93o3_500.gif

giphy.gif

TVs Frink said:

This joke has been coming to my mind since the first time I saw that movie. I’m so glad others recall it too!

I always forget it was a Black Russian though.  Luckily Google corrected me. ;)

Back
Top Bottom