• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Marvel Origins: Avengers Part 1

I really need to tip my hat to Juice... I was very skeptic about how intertwining all these stories would work... but wow I'm glad I was proven wrong in a big way...

For some reason I've never been able to properly review edits on the main site as it never recognizes my user name and password for word press but I wanted to post a little something on here to promote such a wonderful edit...

When I popped it in and looked at the overall time of the flick I thought there is no way the stories can be told in depth or with any consistancy... I was wrong wrong wrong...

This is a fabulous edit from start to finish.... and left me wanting to go right into part 2... Hopefully the wait isn't long.... lol

The love how the stories were told and came together as one with pretty much seamless editing...

I can only say give this a watch... go out of your way to download it and watch it... seriously it's that good...

I haven't gone into much detail cause this needs to be viewed to be fulluy appreciated...

10/10

Wanted to really like this one, especially after reading Neg’s very enthusiastic review. However, whilst Juice’s editing is nicely executed (you can tell he’s improved since the first version of his Smallville edit, particularly on the audio front) I can’t help but feel there is no real coherent story unfolding here.

Whilst it’s fun to see Hulk, Iron Man and Thor fighting their personal battles against their assigned baddies, it literally feels like you’re just watching each movie mismashed in-between one another with no real connection. To me, this becomes a little tiring after about an hour and I just yearned to watch the original films. Sorry Juice, no offence is meant at all, it’s just the way this edit made me feel.

Picture and audio wise, this gets a 9/10. Would have got 10/10, but there were some instances where the audio went noticeably out of synch.

As I say, the editing is all very nicely executed, so on that front I would give it a 9/10.

However, for narrative this really gets a 5/10 I’m afraid.

Overall I feel it’s worth a 7/10, and if you get your kicks out of wanting to see the best bits of each film sandwiched in-between each other with no real other link, then I’m sure you’ll love the edit.

See the audio sync issue is something a handful of people have. However i have checked both sources every time someone mentions it.

I'm unsure of why it loses sync for some people. Check your codec's?

As for your comments LS, no worries man you of all people know i can take criticism:)

This edit seems to have people polarized. They either like it or dont. But thats how it is for all art. :)

Whispers said:
For some reason I've never been able to properly review edits on the main site as it never recognizes my user name and password for word press
Send a PM to Q2.

Sorry if this was asked earlier in the thread, but the site info says there is a DL DVD version but I only see MP4's.
Is this a mistake?

What with me positively bouncing off the walls waiting for the release of the Avengers on Blu-ray, I thought I'd give this fanedit a shot.

While it's quite impressive, the Iron Man clips are a little all over the place at the start, presumably because there are two Iron Man movies that have to be woven in amongst just the one Hulk and the one Thor movie. Because there's a part 2 coming, I'd have used part 1 to tell the story from just the original Iron Man, and then part 2 to have told the story from its sequel.

As others have said, I did also notice some of the Iron Man footage was a little out of sync. And somewhat amusingly at about 12:50 in, Edward Norton's name has actually been misspelled Edward Nortan.

Great fanedit though. Can't wait for part 2 :D

jamiemark said:
Sorry if this was asked earlier in the thread, but the site info says there is a DL DVD version but I only see MP4's.
Is this a mistake?

DL DVDs are offline at the moment. Send a PM to the editor about it.

what other torrent site can i find this??? demonoid has it but demonoid is gone.

[h=4]Members who have read this thread: 205[/h]

:shock:

:first:

Holy shit, we found something possibly more popular than Star Wars.

Collective We. As in YOU discovered something that WE now notice.

landocass, please read the FAQ and the Rules. Any questions you have about them you can let me know via PM.

Hi just wanted to know if you guys have seen the other Avengers fan edit , It came out before this project and it was pretty good, hope you guys can see it also it was around 9 hours in total and it was well edited.

the name of the other fanedit was Avengers Assemble fanedit it went in chronological order with some few extra scenes added to it. might be worth a look for you guys.

solidsnake said:
Hi just wanted to know if you guys have seen the other Avengers fan edit , It came out before this project and it was pretty good, hope you guys can see it also it was around 9 hours in total and it was well edited.

the name of the other fanedit was Avengers Assemble fanedit it went in chronological order with some few extra scenes added to it. might be worth a look for you guys.

That edit (I believe) was part of the reason Sunarep started on his Avengers edit. And Sunarep's edit in turn inspired juice's edit to a degree.

Back
Top Bottom