• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Lowly Rated Movies You Like

Swarles -

Speed and Home Alone are two of my favorites, too. :) The Mummy isn't one of my favorites, but it's definitely a very entertaining movie. I thought it captured the Indiana Jones feel better than Crystal Skull did.

Also, glad to see all the other Clue fans here. :) Apparently, Clue was also made into a 2011 TV mini-series featuring a bunch of teenagers in an attempt to cash in on "High School Musical" fame. Mercifully, it didn't work.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2102479/

And there was a BBC game show at one point, of all things:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101068/

And I don't even know what this is:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103388/

At any rate, what I'm basically trying to say with this long rambling post is simply this . . . ;)

QuickCut said:
What do you think is horrible about it? It's not as good as Raiders or Crusade, but I think it's all around a really good movie.

This was actually my favorite movie of the series as a kid. I love the fact that it's the only Indy movie that doesn't follow the formula of Raiders (i.e., no Nazis/Russians, no scenes at school). It's a great formula, but I like the fact that they didn't just immediately go back to the obvious, but went in a completely different direction.

Also, as someone recently pointed out to me, it's the only one where Indy fights the bad guy! In all the other films, he doesn't fight the main villain, but in this one, he does. So Temple does have a lot going for it.

And as a kid, I vicariously lived the movie through Short Round.

But as I've gotten older, some things haven't aged well. I don't outright hate it, but I understand why some people do.

To wit:

1) Short Round. Yes, the reason I loved it as a kid is one of the strikes against it as an adult. Not that having a kid per se is wrong, but sometimes he's just annoying. If he said "Yipee!" a few times, he could be Jake Lloyd.

Worst moment is when he karate kicks a guard 10 times his size and actually takes him down.

2) If Marion Ravenwood was a step forward in terms of having a strong female character in an action movie, Willie Scott was a hundred steps backward. Whiny and obnoxious, playing to the worst cliches of female stereotypes (she's more concerned that she broke a nail than that she's being shot at), and she does a lot of slapstick that would make Jar Jar Binks proud.

3) The grossness and gore in Indiana Jones movies is a natural part of its backdrop, but this movie got so over-the-top as to just be nauseating. Ripping someone's heart out? In a PG movie aimed at kids (what with Short Round and everything)? Really? Then there's eyeball soup and eating monkey brains and just all other kinds of needless nastiness. Even if the PG-13 rating had existed at the time, this movie should have gotten an R. I actually just upset my stomach a little just writing about this stuff.

So now I'm somewhere between Ebert's 4-star review ("It's not so much of a sequel as it is an equal") and Maltin's 2-star review. I'll give it 3 stars, and I'll include it in my list of favorite movies, but it'll be closer to the bottom now.

I accidentally deleted Infodroid's edit of this before I got to see it. I hope to see it soon.

Short Round >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anakin

Anyway, I actually found Raiders more violent than Temple. Yeah, there's the heart rip scene, but Raiders has spears through the forehead, melting face, exploding heads, etc. Of course if you don't like the gross-out stuff, definitely watch InfoDroid's edit, because he trims the dinner scene and cuts the sacrifice.

Short Round >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > Anakin

Tom starts to explain himself more on this point, then thinks of The Goonies, and even friggin' Head of the Class, and decides to let QC's statement stand.
:)

Undercover Brother
Charlie's Angels (1&2)
Starship Troopers
A Night At The Roxbury
Superstar
A-Team

emphatic said:
Undercover Brother
Charlie's Angels (1&2)
Starship Troopers
A Night At The Roxbury
Superstar
A-Team

I agree with every one of those choices, except for Starship Troopers. I haven't seen it yet. I'd also like to add anything starring Rob Schneider to my list.

Starship Troopers is even better with the Director's commentary.

How about an episode? Star Trek: Enterprise S2's "A Night in Sickbay" is widely reviled, but, while it's certainly impossible to take seriously, I think it's a load of goofy fun. And, say what you will, unlike many S1-2 ENTs, it ain't dull.

Porthos_in_surgery_super-hydrated.jpg

Frantic Canadian said:
I'd also like to add anything starring Rob Schneider to my list.

UBCVB.gif

I think half of what I own falls into the guilty pleasure category but off the top of my head:

Predator 2 - its seriously one of my favorite movies ever - why? more predator! duh!!?

AvP/AvP:R/Predators - all kinda crap. all have predators. so yeah, I'm down.

most Paul WS Anderson films. guy cant write his way out of a paper bag but his movies look cool. and some feature his hot wife.

Riddick series - alot of people hate Vin Diesel - I do too. except when he's fucking RIDDICK!!! [oh and find me guilty was a good goddamn film]

Terminator 3/4/Sarah Connor Chronicles. I love terminator - even when it sucks. and I will argue till I die that TSCC was better than 3 and 4 put together.

Alien 3 - my favorite of the series. never tire of it. probably because I have secret man-love for Fincher.

Alien Resurrection. Yeah its crap compared to the others - but compared to most Sci-fi its good. and it looks awesome cause Juenet is awesome

Starship Troopers - I know its been said but what wasnt said was that I like parts 2 and 3 as well. even though 2 was pretty weak and had only 1 cool FX shot.

Robocop 2 - its awesome once you fanedit half of the movie away, rescore it and never release it ;)

Die Hard 4 and all the other lackluster Bruce willis movies you forgot about - B Dubs 4 Lyfe!!!

Thats about it for now I am drunk and wanna sleep.

i've always liked highlander 2 (any version of it) i still think it's the best highlander sequel, also ghost rider is definitely a guilty pleasure for me. showgirls is also one of the best worst movies i've ever seen

elbarto1 said:
Terminator 3/4/Sarah Connor Chronicles. I love terminator - even when it sucks. and I will argue till I die that TSCC was better than 3 and 4 put together.

*hug*

I've never watched a Rob Schneider movie, and I don't intend too. :p

Back
Top Bottom