• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Lowly Rated Movies You Like

Frantic Canadian said:
Never played the games but I love the movies, although Extinction (3) is my least favorite. Apocalypse (2) and Afterlife (4) would be my favorites.

Loved the Dolph Lundgren one. The Thomas Jane one was alright, although I hated how Travolta's villain was basically a ripoff of his villain character from Swordfish. I've only seen the theatrical cut though. I fucking loved Warzone! Finally a Punisher movie that was a good representation of the comic. I'd love to see a sequel to that one.

if you liked the theatrical cut, I'd recommend the Director's Cut. it does add character to it. and explains just how exactly Travolta's henchmen were able to track down Castle and his family. it definitely is the better cut of the film.

War Zone was a good representation of the Punisher Max comic. it was okay. little bit over the top. but sometimes it's good to just relax and enjoy watching a B-movie (that's what I consider War Zone under)

Pretty much any movie based on an old tv show. Charlie's Angels (both films), Starsky And Hutch, The Dukes Of Hazzards, 21 Jump Street (although this one seems to have been well received), Leave It To Beaver, The Little Rascals, The Addams Family, The A-Team, The Brady Bunch, Dragnet, Get Smart, and I'm probably forgetting some.

Unlike most people, I saw MacGruber last year. And you know what? It was funny.

wabid said:
Sahara, White Chicks.

I refuse to watch White Chicks. The trailer was enough for me. How anyone would be fooled into thinking that these two black dudes in white face could pass as two white girls is beyond me. It just looks way too stupid to be enjoyable on any level.

DominicCobb said:
Unlike most people, I saw MacGruber last year. And you know what? It was funny.

I saw MacGruber, but didn't really care for it. There's only so much you can do with a movie based on a sketch that's only about a minute in length.

nOmArch said:
21 Jump Street was ace!

That was well received though, surprisingly.

Unsurprisingly, the funny bits in White Chicks did NOT involve the leads, but co-stars.
I still don't know what came over me for watching it, but at least now I know what crap I left behind.

The villains in Punisher Warzone were overkill. Dominic West was obnoxious as hell, all the way through. His accent makes me want to throw up my dinner. Seriously. Overrated actors? HIM! I don't care how good The Wire was.

Not a huge fan of LXG, but I think it's worth it simply for the interaction between Connery and Naseeruddin Shah as Captain Nemo. I love Shah from his work in Maqbool and Omkara, both by Vishal Bhardwaj, and it was very cool to see him acting with such a legend like he does it every day, and in English to boot. I kind of wish there'd been more of just the two of them. And as much as Agent Tom Sawyer seemed a bit of a stretch to me, Connery teaching Shane West how to shoot the long rifle was a very well done scene.

The Chronicles of Riddick
S.W.A.T. (2003)
Jurassic Park 3
The Day After Tomorrow
Vertical Limit

And here are a few that aren't especially low-rated, but I get weird looks when I say that they're some of my favourite movies of all time:

Home Alone
Independence Day
The Mummy (1999)
Speed

Shark Attack 3, Deadly Prey, Aerobicide, Tromeo & Juliet, maniac, Cruel Jaws, Red Dawn, Rolling thunder, Snow Beast ('77), Sudden Death's my favourite Van damme flick, and if I need a laugh The Room never fails to make me cry tears of sheer joy through the constant laughter I can't hold back. They'd be guilty pleasures but I've never felt guilty watching them because I like them all so much

The Lawnmower Man
Hollowman
Sucker Punch
White Chicks (mostly for Terry Crews)
Shanghai Knights

Edit: Vampires Kiss, an early Nicolas Cage Outing sees him playing a Yuppie, it almost feels like a parody of American Psycho except it was actually made in the 80's and it's pretty awful. But it's the kind o f awful that is soo damn entertaining. I've seen it twice now and I laughed out loud throughout every time.

And as much as Agent Tom Sawyer seemed a bit of a stretch to me, Connery teaching Shane West how to shoot the long rifle was a very well done scene.
they threw Tom Sawyer in the movie so American audiences would have an idea what was actually going on. classic literary characters getting mixed together for an adventure.
side note: i don't actually know that. it's on IMDB trivia.
my friends give me crap all the time, but i enjoyed the Fantastic Four movies.
they are easier to sit through than reading the comics and i thought they are a load better than Daredevil.
i was really disappointed Chris Evans was cast as Cap over Channing Tatum.
(and i love cEvans, but i think cTatum makes a better buttoned down soldier.)

baileym43 said:
they threw Tom Sawyer in the movie so American audiences would have an idea what was actually going on. classic literary characters getting mixed together for an adventure.
side note: i don't actually know that. it's on IMDB trivia.
Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that he and Connery have great chemistry and some terrifically acted moments in all their scenes together, IMO. Also, FWIW, Mark Twain did write a short story or two in which Sawyer became a cop, even though character should have been born far before the 1880s, as the movie suggests.

baileym43 said:
my friends give me crap all the time, but i enjoyed the Fantastic Four movies.

I actually kinda liked the first one. Didn't care much for the second though.

baileym43 said:
i was really disappointed Chris Evans was cast as Cap over Channing Tatum.
(and i love cEvans, but i think cTatum makes a better buttoned down soldier.)
:shock:
Now that that's out of the way: John Carter, the first 2 Mummy Movies, Super Mario Bros., Hulk 03, Waterboy, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, first two Ace Ventura films, SW PT, National Trasure 1, Temple of Doom, Spider-Man 3, The Room, Mortal Kombat 1, Transformers 1, Hollywood Homicide, Without a Paddle, amd The Three Stooges. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Super Mario Bros (awful but so damn silly), Ace Ventura (Jim Carrey ones... "I'm open, I'm open!" :lol:), Mortal Kombat (both films), etc...

I liked FF2 more, because of the Silver Surfer. That character is great, especially in the comics.

Kal-El said:
I liked FF2 more, because of the Silver Surfer. That character is great, especially in the comics.

I loved both Fantastic Four movies, although I haven't seen the extended cut of the first one. I also enjoyed the 1994 unreleased Roger Corman version as well.

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that he and Connery have great chemistry and some terrifically acted moments in all their scenes together, IMO. Also, FWIW, Mark Twain did write a short story or two in which Sawyer became a cop,
oh no doubt and i totally agree. LXG is one of my favorite panned movies. i wish it had done better because i still think aMoore's concept is really cool. and they were going to introduce other characters, like James Bond or at least his ancestors, to the League in future films. what could have been *sigh*.

i thought Larry Fishburn killed it as sSurfer's voice. that guy could easily be the next Morgan Freeman of voice acting/overs.

and the first Ace Ventura i argue is one of the best comedies of all time.
it stays consistently funny throughout the whole story instead of falling flat in the middle like a lot of comedies do.
(though "funny" is subjective so it's easy for people to disagree.)

QuickCut said:
Jaws 2. It's obviously not as good as the first, but what's so bad about it? It's still an enjoyable shark movie.

+1 this!

Back
Top Bottom