• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Lost Redux

You are seriously way off in your analysis of the bomb situation, Jason. Do you remember the Black Rock scene, which, y'know, explains exactly how much Jack is in the loop? He doesn't need to see dead people to put two and two together. If you're LOOKING for plot weaknesses, you're looking in the wrong place 'cause that made perfect sense.

I think Widmore's plan will be a two-minute explanatory monologue deal. Remember how Faraday needed about a minute and a half to explain the whole changing the future bit, and that was (probably) a more complex storyline than Widmore's and Dez's mission. No need to rush things even though the series is getting very near the end.

[spoiler:ft0dkov1]I found the Jin and Sun's death touching. It was up there with Charlie's passing in terms of emotional impact. I was sad to see them go but it was a fitting end for them.
It's the characters that make Lost a good show. Otherwise, it would only be an interesting show full of plot devices that don't really matter with events happening to people that the audience doesn't care about.

I also thought it was pretty cool and ironic when Jack said to Locke, "I wished you believed me", which was Locke's final message to Jack, in the form of a note, in the main timeline.[/spoiler:ft0dkov1]
So it's not always about furthering a plot device. Sometimes, simple character interaction is important.

I believe it's called drama.

The journey towards the end is more important than the end itself. Because if it's a crappy journey, nobody will care how it all ends.

To quote Mr. Bobby Briggs:

tpep3134.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

I pretty much agree w/ jasonN on everything. I have been less interested with the show since they introduced the Jacob/MIB duel a few seasons ago. I just didnt care for the cut and dry good vs evil angle they shoehorned into what was a very interesting govt/corporate experimentation scenario w/ darma/others vs castaways.

as for this episode - its another "meh" for me.
[spoiler:25wknq0u]-sun/jin death - didnt expect it, I really thought they'd live to the series end. but - there was no emotional connection for me in their scene.
-frank lapedus is dead? my dvr cut off the last 2-5 minutes so I must have missed that.
-wish kate died too - hate her
-sayid death - unexpected but unnecessary (unless giving him a heroes death was the entire point) he could have just pitched that c4 down the hall equal to the amount of distance he ran...
-subsplosion - that fucker would sink like a stone and be 20,000 leagues under the sea in seconds[/spoiler:25wknq0u]

Only 4 hours left and already the sinking fear that this is going to be an unsatisfactory finale is growing in the pit of my stomach.... I hope that I'm wrong, but I'm bracing myself for disappointment nonetheless. :|

me too.

I'm still optimistic that the show will end nicely. I've been reading a lot of posts on a different forum where the fans don't like how season 6 is going. My son has been watching seasons 1-5 so I've been catching the older episodes and seeing how season 6 is really working with them. Of course I am worried that the finale will suck and be a horrible close to my favorite show but I don't think that's the way it will go.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but apparently, the last episode will contain a whole new mystery.

So I'd say to expect an open ending... and many internet fights :lol:

I've been trying to avoid spoilers, but one snuck by. It sounds like anyone who thinks that the creators didn't know where they were going with story are completely wrong, and that next weeks episode will prove once and for all they had a grand scheme from day one. Only a few days until we find out if this is true...

There are only two things that worry me.
-Damon and Carlton are big The Twilight Zone fans. I am too, but a Twilight Zone-esque twist ending is fine for a 25 minute story, not for a 100 hour long story.
-Most fans seem to want almost everything explained. The whispers explanation was probably the creators indulging the fans. I hated that scene myself.

I'm fine with ending with another mystery if done right. And about season 6 being different. It actually feels a lot like season 1. I've been watching episodes 1x3-5, and it's obviously the same show. There's black and white, there will be Adam and Eve (with stones), and people follow strange apparitions through the jungle. I also watched The Last Recruit again, and there's a slight pause before "Locke" explains that he was Christian. The kind of pause you have when you lie.

theslime said:
There are only two things that worry me.
-Damon and Carlton are big The Twilight Zone fans. I am too, but a Twilight Zone-esque twist ending is fine for a 25 minute story, not for a 100 hour long story.
-Most fans seem to want almost everything explained. The whispers explanation was probably the creators indulging the fans. I hated that scene myself.

I'm fine with ending with another mystery if done right. And about season 6 being different. It actually feels a lot like season 1. I've been watching episodes 1x3-5, and it's obviously the same show. There's black and white, there will be Adam and Eve (with stones), and people follow strange apparitions through the jungle. I also watched The Last Recruit again, and there's a slight pause before "Locke" explains that he was Christian. The kind of pause you have when you lie.
If you want to know, Adam and Eve are
[spoiler:2g09n5n7]MIB and his mother[/spoiler:2g09n5n7]
It will be explained next episode.

If people have seen the sneak previews of the next episode
(
"]
&
& http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he_fQ3LC8VI[/video]), there's a big chance that
[spoiler:2g09n5n7]the Losties are some kind of reincarnations and have been there before, watch the second clip with young Jacob and MIB. Those could be Sawyer, Sayid and Jack in previous lives.[/spoiler:2g09n5n7]

T-HOPE said:
If you want to know, Adam and Eve are
[spoiler:3ofisbq3]MIB and his mother[/spoiler:3ofisbq3]
It will be explained next episode.
Unless there's some secret spoiler preview that I've missed somewhere (or you're really a time-traveler from the future, T-Hope.... :razz: ), this is just an unconfirmed rumor.

I'm glad you're using spoiler tags because I most definitely do not want to know.

I just watched episodes 1x6-9 and I still agree with myself that they feel like the same show as Lost this season (something you can not say of late and early Twin Peaks, for instance. (If anything, seasons four and five are the odd men out.) There were occasional problems with wonky pacing, but all in all the episodes felt better and more interesting than the first time I watched them, which is a bit of a surprise to me, especially since there are no surprises this time. And even more strangely, I thought the Charlie episode "The Moth" was brilliant. I almost cried when Locke said he was proud of him.

Seems Lost will have alternate endings:

From http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=65823:

3 Alternate Endings to "Lost" to Air on Kimmel Source: ABC May 8, 2010

ABC has announced that as part of the "Jimmy Kimmel Live: Aloha to Lost" special, the network will show three alternate endings:

Following the final episode of "Lost," Jimmy Kimmel will host a one-hour post-show discussion and celebration of the beloved series, SUNDAY, MAY 23 at 12:05 a.m., ET on ABC, following local news.

Kimmel will be joined in studio by Naveen Andrews, Nestor Carbonell, Alan Dale, Jeremy Davies, Emilie de Ravin, Michael Emerson, Matthew Fox, Daniel Dae Kim, Terry O'Quinn and Harold Perrineau, with special appearances by Jorge Garcia, Josh Holloway and Evangeline Lilly and an exclusive look at THREE ALTERNATIVE FINAL SCENES from the minds of executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

Jimmy Kimmel Live has been deluged by more studio audience ticket requests for this special than any show in its seven-plus year history. Watch the grand finale to the grand finale on "Jimmy Kimmel Live: Aloha to Lost."

The "Lost" finale will air from 9 - 11:30 p.m. on May 23rd.

Didn't they do that before with the Season 4 finale, showing alternative endings of Sawyer and Desmond in the coffin instead of Locke?

JasonN said:
Didn't they do that before with the Season 4 finale, showing alternative endings of Sawyer and Desmond in the coffin instead of Locke?

Yes they did.

I only remember them showing Jack in the coffin in the alternate endings. I know there was another one but can't remember, but I definitely remember Jack.

Kevinicus said:
I only remember them showing Jack in the coffin in the alternate endings. I know there was another one but can't remember, but I definitely remember Jack.
No, it was Sawyer and/or Desmond in the alter. endings - Jack couldn't have been in the coffin since that in the scene he was opening the coffin along with Ben.

One rumour about the last shot of the series is
[spoiler:32yfdmdg]Jack waking up in the exact same shot as the pilot in which he wakes up. There's all kind of material lying around him (Ben's baton someone said) that would indicate something.
http://www.getlostpodcastmedia.com/wp-c ... vd_009.jpg[/spoiler:32yfdmdg]

no no no that would majorly suck, we need a proper explanation and ending, any kind of Sopranos BS and i will be extremely unhappy.

nOmArch said:
no no no that would majorly suck, we need a proper explanation and ending, any kind of Sopranos BS and i will be extremely unhappy.
I think LOST is magic. and as with all magic, once it's explained, it loses its glow.
Personally i would not like the island explained at all. I fear any attempt would sound like StarTrek-technobabble
Also the focus has shifted. No-one on the island wants to have anything explained. They want to stop either TMIB or Widmore.
Remember STAR WARS? The OT? They mentioned the Clone Wars and from then on fans wanted to see what happened, wanted to see Vader's fall.
And then George Lucas made it happen And hundreds of fanedits later, fans are still trying to fix that folly.
Sometimes it's better not knowing.

[spoiler:1djgyw00]I would not be surprise of a looping ending. Stephen King's most popular series THE DARK TOWER has one and you know what big fans of SK the producers of LOST are.[/spoiler:1djgyw00]

killbillme said:
[spoiler:354p6bry]I would not be surprise of a looping ending. Stephen King's most popular series THE DARK TOWER has one and you know what big fans of SK the producers of LOST are.[/spoiler:354p6bry]
Plus
[spoiler:354p6bry]the videogame also had a similar ending with a loop[/spoiler:354p6bry]

Back
Top Bottom