• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

L O S T - The Abridged Film Series

I think DVD might be the official preferred format, but IMO the de facto preferred format is fast becoming HD. That's my impression, anyway. I prefer it because DVD video (MPEG2) produces bloated files with very bad compression, and I skip menus anyway.

There is no official preferred format here.

LOL.

I remember discussing this with Boon who was adamant about the DVD format, but that was years ago, so I'm glad it's not like that anymore. To be fair to Boon, things were different back then, very few had MKV-capable players, WDTVs, Rokus, HTPC and whatnot. Anyway, thanks for clearing it up.

theslime said:
To be fair to Boon, things were different back then, very few had MKV-capable players, WDTVs, Rokus, HTPC and whatnot.

This. We still suggest release in the best quality format. At the time it was DVD (the alternate was shitty, low-res AVI). So, while DVDs are still good, many people can stream MKV now.

Wow. I just got nailed on one of my reviews. The reviewer even went so far as to suggest I should do a re-release, since I had apparently didn't have much "attention to detail".

Here's the link to the review, for anyone who cares to corroborate (or dispute) the reviewer's, frankly, harsh criticism;

http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?10473-IFDB-Review-LOST-I-Genesis

But most of all, the reviewer complained that most of the audio came out of the right channel in a 5.1 setup (so much so that it was distracting). Has anyone else had this problem? I certainly have not.

Cheers,
Radzinsky

[MENTION=25019]Radzinsky[/MENTION], here is the comment I wrote on that review, in case you didn't see it.

I wrote the approval review and there were no issues with the audio track when I reviewed. I watched on a 2.0 setup though, but juice claims it's borked even on 2.0. I just rechecked the DVD and 1080 MKV and I got proper sound through both channels.

Neglify said:
[MENTION=25019]Radzinsky[/MENTION], here is the comment I wrote on that review, in case you didn't see it.

To further clarify. It still went through my 5.1 setup before hitting that T.V. When watched via my PC everything works properly. But when loaded into vegas you can see and hear the center channel is almost fully muted. I sent him a detailed pm regarding my findings.

The edits are great! Far better than my first outings. All my criticism in the review was constructive. If i didnt like the edits i would have bothered posting in such detail.

Hell Neg can vouch, i hardly watch more than one or two fanedits every few months. I sat down and watched the first two parts in the first night and the third part the second i got home from work.

So Rad take what i said for what it was "my opinion" and keep doing good work.

FWIW, I've examined both the MKV and DVD AC3 files and found no channels that look muted (if anything the levels could use some normalization/compression). Sound was present from all channels.

I also burned and played the DVD and it sounded fine on my surround system (albeit I did have to turn down the overall volume). Center channel was very prominent and not at all muted.

Radzinsky, I also added a comment to the review that is an abbreviated version of what I described in my prior post, though focussing on what the review claimed about the sound all coming out of the right channel. Once the comment gets approved I'll edit this post to show you what I said.

EDIT: here's the comment I left on Juice's review:
FWIW, I've examined both the MKV and DVD AC3 files. Sound was present from all channels.
I also burned and played the DVD and it sounded fine on my surround system (perhaps a bit loud overall, but turning down the volume was all I had to do to fix that.)
Center channel was very prominent, and sound was definitely present on all sides, including the left one.
So I also am not sure why Juice experienced the audio issues he describes.

PS - you can ignore my PM about missing parts. I obviously got them! ;-)

Hi Rad,
How goes the fourth Lost film, Still on track for end of the month ?

Hi Rad, I've heard quite a few things about LOST when and shortly after it was airing but to this day I have not seen any of the series at all yet. However, I've been interested in watching it someday, and these fanedits seem like they'd be the best way for me to go about watching the series. I'm not much of a reviewer, but if you wouldn't mind I'd like to give my thoughts on the edits in terms of clarity of plot/character motivations, narrative flow, etc. from the point of view of someone who knows absolutely nothing about the series.

:ranger: Been checking back daily for this next release, hope its still happening ?! :ranger:

I'm pretty sure Radzinsky is still working hard on Part IV. He said he was aiming for an end of September release and, well, it's still September after all. I'm sure that if any delays of any kind come up he'll be back here to inform us.

True BrentD, just been imminent for awhile now and quite quiet on here :-?

Let's see if user tagging will help.
[MENTION=25019]Radzinsky[/MENTION] you still working on part IV?

not sure if [MENTION=25019]Radzinsky[/MENTION] will notice all the tagging of [MENTION=25019]Radzinsky[/MENTION]

I'm not sure the first tag was done correctly.

Back
Top Bottom