• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

L O S T - The Abridged Film Series

Johnny Lee said:
johnny-lee2_category.jpg

You were lookin for LOST in all the wrong places...

(If any other help needed, feel free to send me a PM.)

I'm back again. Still chipping away on that fourth film. In the meantime, I seem to have lost my rar files for the third film (Acts). This is bad because the place I've uploaded the files to has dropped one of the parts. I still have the actual film, but I don't know if I can get the missing part back online.

Does anyone know if I could recompress my film into another lot of rar files using the same settings? If I did that and then uploaded the missing piece, would the film extract properly?

If it doesn't, perhaps someone out there has still got the missing rar file (L O S T III - Acts, Part 11). If anyone does, could you pm me so I can get that file off you?

Failing that, my other option would be to reupload the whole film again. This wouldn't be so bad, since it would be the perfect opportunity for me to crop out the in-show credits and give the film the same 2.35 aspect ratio I'm planning to release all the films in from now on.

I haven't even released the third film on IFDB yet, so perhaps I ought to go back and reupload the 2.35 version anyway. It would give me some respite from this absolute bitch of a fourth film as well, which would be nice.

Hopefully you guys out there in Fanedit land could give me some help with this little problem of mine.

Yours,
Radzinsky.

I would just release the cropped version and let the other one die. Especially since you will do this eventually anyway.

Ditto. I say release newly in 2.35 and let the old version be considered a workprint.

theslime said:
I would just release the cropped version and let the other one die. Especially since you will do this eventually anyway.

Neglify said:
Ditto. I say release newly in 2.35 and let the old version be considered a workprint.

Good-o.

Looks like that's what I'll be doing then. Expect the official release of the third film to be up in a week or two then. I simply cannot say how long it will be until the fourth film is finished though. The thing is complete enough to put a respectable workprint up, but getting it 100% is taking a frustratingly long time.

Oh well. C'est la vie.

Radzinsky said:
Good-o.

Looks like that's what I'll be doing then. Expect the official release of the third film to be up in a week or two then. I simply cannot say how long it will be until the fourth film is finished though. The thing is complete enough to put a respectable workprint up, but getting it 100% is taking a frustratingly long time.

Oh well. C'est la vie.

Ha. What a moron. I'm still (relatively) hard at work on this project, though I must admit my enthusiasm has waned significantly.

Over the past few days, I've made a concerted effort to get back into the swing of things, and I'm 3/4 of the way through cropping the third film (season 2b, aka "Acts").

The bastard of a fourth film (season 3, aka "John") is still a fair way off, to be honest. But at least I'm making progress. Hopefully I haven't LOST all my audience with my absence.

Anyone out there who is still eagerly (or even slightly) anticipating these films has my gratitude, but I won't blame anyone for having jumped off this rocky bandwagon.

Anyway, back to it.

I'm very much anticipating watching the whole deal (the cropped versions) in order, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. That said, I want them to be perfect. And more importantly: I want YOU to be happy with them. Take your time. I'm still young (relatively speaking) and I'll be here in 2015 too. ;)

Radzinsky said:
Anyone out there who is still eagerly (or even slightly) anticipating these films has my gratitude, but I won't blame anyone for having jumped off this rocky bandwagon.

I'm still here. :)

Sorry to hear your enthusiasm for it has dropped a bit, but I can understand, since these are pretty big undertakings for little to no reward.

If it makes you happy, keep working on it.

Good to hear this project is still alive and will look forward to the films as and when they may be completed......:)

There's no underestimating the size of the project and the work that must be involved....Here's to the next instalment whenever that may be. :)

Glad to see you are back at work on this! The source material is so large, I really don't know how you manage...

theslime said:
I'm very much anticipating watching the whole deal (the cropped versions) in order, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. That said, I want them to be perfect. And more importantly: I want YOU to be happy with them.
me too. all of that. i'd much rather watching them in a big lump than little at a time (like i did when it was on tv. quite tedious especially right in the middle of the writer's strike.)

Hello again everyone. I'm just dropping back in to say I've made a fair bit of progress over the last few days, culminating in a pretty big breakthrough this morning.

The third season is very tricky because there are a lot of threads that need to be interwoven, and some that I thought I could take out ended up unravelling the whole thing. The trick is to keep the threads that matter, trim those that don't and put them all back in a way that tells the story properly. I'm coming pretty close to knowing exactly how to do that now.

I'm still debating whether or not to make the third season into one film or two. I've gone back and forth on this a fair bit. I wanted to make it one long 3 hour film like the first season, but now I'm thinking that making it two 1.5 hour films would be better.

Unlike the first season that was really all about the Hatch, this film has a natural half-way point that I can use. Of course it would be nice to have the whole series done in the fewest iterations, but since no once watches a 3 hour film all in one go anyway, I figure it would be better to cut it in half if I can.

What is everyone's opinion?

2x 90 minute films VS 1 180 minute film?

Just because it has a natural halfway point doesn't necessarily mean it should be two films. Does the story lend itself to two films? Does it feel like there is a relative conclusion to the plot lines? Of course this is a condensed version of a serialized TV show so it's hard for each film to truly feel like a film unto itself, but each season did feel like its own chapter in a larger story. So, when you split the film in two, is there still a beginning, middle, climax, end and such in each of the two halves?

Good luck with whatever you decide is best, I'm looking forward to it either way.

My vote would have to be with the 180 minute option if given the choice....

Most of us have the option to stop/pause and resume so i don't think running time would be much of a issue...and besides i would be quite happy to sit through 3 hours of Lost and then some. :popcorn:

Good Luck moving forward and i'll be sure to watch this space..

I usually prefer two 90 minute films, but it depends whether it feels like an ending or not. Take a few days off, rewatch the ending and go with your gut.

Prepare to wait.... longer :)
I'm also interested, but in the meantime check out LOST The Crash and The Swan

releasedtruth said:
in the meantime check out LOST The Crash and The Swan

Please don't spam project threads promoting other projects.

Hello Everyone. I'm missing part 17 of the rar files of Lost III - Acts. Can anyone share it with me please, it simply is, offline. Thanks!

rastafarida said:
Hello Everyone. I'm missing part 17 of the rar files of Lost III - Acts. Can anyone share it with me please, it simply is, offline. Thanks!

mentioned this in another thread, but check the rules. No discussion of downloads allowed on the forums outside the trades/request section.

Back
Top Bottom