• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Interstellar: The Demise

I disagree.

I think the long play trailer is engaging, especially with the story being told visually and with the on screen text. It's all tongue in cheek like the edit. It works. I believe that it perfectly "sells" the edit based on what I know about the edit.

Almost perfect. The audio does need some attention. I agree that it should be grammatically correct and you should be able to see it more clearly.

Five of us just watched it in my room. My partner, my brother, two nurses and a doctor. We all stayed fixated until the end.

Awesome work!

I disagree.

I think the long play trailer is engaging, especially with the story being told visually and with the on screen text. It's all tongue in cheek like the edit. It works. I believe that it perfectly "sells" the edit based on what I know about the edit.

Almost perfect. The audio does need some attention.

I agree that it should be grammatically correct and you should be able to see it more clearly.

Five of us just watched it in my room. My partner, my brother, two nurses and a doctor. We all stayed fixated until the end.

Awesome work!
I made a shorter version and will upload it once Vimeo decides I can have some more MB's again xD

I disagree.

Is it tongue in cheek? If so, my bad. I thought this was a more serious edit meant to give the movie a more realistic, hard sci-fi ending.

It might actually work without the shot of Lithgow taking the object. He pulls it out of his briefcase, then you cut back into the farmhouse, and frankly it felt finished to me. The jarring part was the cut back to outside.
Problem is the shot of cooper isn't one take. So for him to turn around I to cut to something. Otherwise the camera jumps.

Is it tongue in cheek? If so, my bad. I thought this was a more serious edit meant to give the movie a more realistic, hard sci-fi ending.
Oh yes, the edit itself it quite serious. But guess I just REALLY wanted to make sure people understand these people are biting the dust. Might as well have some fun while we're preparing for depressing stuff.
And to make the trailer really sc-fi-ish would be a bit boring, might as well watch the original trailer.

Did anyone chuckle at the edge of your seat cut at the start? Cause that was all my girlfriend. She was like: Have him eject at that line lmao.

I love that woman.

I would offer that how you perceive this edit is subjective based on perspective. I loved the original and saw a much deeper message than what was on the surface. So for me...this edit is certainly tongue in cheek as the idea behind the edit presents some of the nuances from the original as being unbelievable and almost funny.

I would offer that how you perceive this edit is subjective based on perspective. I loved the original and saw a much deeper message than what was on the surface. So for me...this edit is certainly tongue in cheek as the idea behind the edit presents some of the nuances from the original as being unbelievable and almost funny.
Yes, that was the intent. It's me apologising to Cooper for taking away his happy very unlikely ending. xD

Unlikely based on our very limited knowledge of time and space continuum. So that's your subjective perspective. 😁😉
Definitely. Although I do want to point out that the future space humans survived, too. So there is that plothole. Why interfere if you're going to survive anyway?

I want to point out that the trailer itself ends on a note more fitting with the actual edit, to reward those who sat through the entire thing.

I haven't wanted to see an edit for my own interests this much since @Wraith tried to convince me that he was able to make another mind boggling edit out of the scraps left over from SplitUnbreakableGlass. 😅🤣😂

Just kidding. I love all of them. Almost. I really want to see this edit, Donkey.

I would have gone with Dust in the Wind if you really want a song that suggests we're "dust" but still want to convey a melancholy tone. The queen song sounds celebratory.

I would have gone with Dust in the Wind if you really want a song that suggests we're "dust" but still want to convey a melancholy tone. The queen song sounds celebratory.

A finished edit is always cause for celebration! 😆 That said dust in the wind would have worked, too. Just not what I was going for.

Last edited:
I revised the one scene I was dissatisfied with and I legit think I cracked it finally. Thanks so much for everyone's input to drive me to perfect it. By far the hardest scene to cut I've ever done so far. I think it now finally feels like an 'unedited' scene if that makes any sense. The only thing that I can't fix is that she lost her blanket in one cut, but at least it now flows nice which is more important imo. EDIT: just checked and the original scene she also randomly loses her blanket so that's on the original lol.

I agree that would have been a suitable choice. It was going to be my first suggestion. I love that song and always have. It just didn't feel right, knowing Donkey (after being involved in all of his edits to some degree). When the Queen song hit me, it was very Donkey. I think the song choice needed to fit the editor as well as the edit. It's perfect.

It just didn't feel right, knowing Donkey (after being involved in all of his edits to some degree). When the Queen song hit me, it was very Donkey. I think the song choice needed to fit the editor as well as the edit. It's perfect.
This was confusing to read. But I'm glad you guys are happy with the choices. That's the important part.

Last edited:
I revised the one scene I was dissatisfied with and I legit think I cracked it finally. Thanks so much for everyone's input to drive me to perfect it. By far the hardest scene to cut I've ever done so far. I think it now finally feels like an 'unedited' scene if that makes any sense. The only thing that I can't fix is that she lost her blanket in one cut, but at least it now flows nice which is more important imo. EDIT: just checked and the original scene she also randomly loses her blanket so that's on the original lol.

The timing definitely feels better. I'm really curious to see how it fits in context. So many question. What's Cooper doing with the journal? Why are they sitting on the floor all of a sudden? Why are they pulling out a map? etc.

The timing definitely feels better. I'm really curious to see how it fits in context. So many question. What's Cooper doing with the journal? Why are they sitting on the floor all of a sudden? Why are they pulling out a map? etc.
Yes that's supposed to be that way.

The intend is that Cooper gets a cryptic invitation. He knows dr Brand so he knows something is up. NASA is supposed to be kept a secret in the movie so it makes sense that he doesnt outright tell him what's going on.

As for the map I dunno. Why do they use a map in the original instead of just using google maps? It's just more visually appealing I guess. Same criticism could be held against the original lol.

The intend of him sitting on the floor was I guess open for interpretation. I thought of it as him contemplating what to do, but I suppose I could cut to him leaving instead. I just thought the sitting down scene looked cute and gave the scene breathing room. It also needs to suggest some time has passed because otherwise Cooper could just drive back together with Dr Brand himself.

as for the journal: why does anyone use a journal? It has no real context other than: Cooper apparently owns a journal. Maybe he's taking notes about harvesters or corn. I don't really see why anyone would care unless they know the original movie.

but yes the attempt is to keep it a mystery as to what cooper knows or expects to find. The daughter just knows something I going on I guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom