- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
Might as well post this here since its almost completed. I watched Interstellar and wondered if the movie could be done without the time travel aspect where one man saves the world by becoming a poltergeist.
So that's exactly what I did.
Changes I made so far:
- Remove all old people talking shots of VO's
- Remove any lines about ghosts and scenes with ghost like behavior. In my edit the girl is bullied a bit by her brother because she believes in ghosts and that's it.
- Removed the whole waistline section with the professor because its immature.
- Removed the mention of a magnetic field when the equipment malfunctions. Make it just a routine inspection.
- Added the opening shots of sweeping the house to after the sandstorm hits them.
- Repurposed the sequence where Dr Brand tells the granddad and the kids they can send messages and made it appear like Cooper gets a mysterious message/invitation. Then we cut to him contemplating what to do and deciding to leave. It all feels pretty organic actually with the audience left wondering whats going on, and Cooper's interrogation now still makes sense because even though he was invited he himself mentions these ai soldiers can act unpredictable.
ALSO changed Murph's shirt blue for better continuity with the next shot.
-Also removed the bolt cutter sequence. He just inspects the fence and the robot triggers.
- Removed lines where the daughter tells Cooper she only got to NASA because of her.
- Removed all interrogation about how they got to NASA since they got invited. I did keep the AI guard in because Cooper himself mentions they can be erratic.
- female dr Brands response 'yes you do' now feels like she knows he was invited when Cooper says he knows nothing about this place.
- Again: removed all mentions of 'them' during the briefing scene.
- Removed Matt Damons repeat of the poem
- Shortened the sequence with the daughter and son on earth. She doesnt have a eureka moment because ghost dad doesnt exist in this cut.
- Shortened the moment where they go check on the lungs of the child with a doctor to be less dramatic just for dramas sake.
- Removed the book closet space worm thing, but kept in the hand shake scene as a dreamlike sequence.
- Cut to Cooper dying
- Show the aftermath of everything during the credits. Crops being burned. Coopers daughter looking for a better place. The astronaut stranded with no hope for anyone to come to her aid.
99% done now. All I need to perfect it is a good voice over for the mechanics working on the compass.