• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Interstellar: The Demise

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Might as well post this here since its almost completed. I watched Interstellar and wondered if the movie could be done without the time travel aspect where one man saves the world by becoming a poltergeist.

So that's exactly what I did.

Changes I made so far:

- Remove all old people talking shots of VO's

- Remove any lines about ghosts and scenes with ghost like behavior. In my edit the girl is bullied a bit by her brother because she believes in ghosts and that's it.

- Removed the whole waistline section with the professor because its immature.

- Removed the mention of a magnetic field when the equipment malfunctions. Make it just a routine inspection.

- Added the opening shots of sweeping the house to after the sandstorm hits them.

- Repurposed the sequence where Dr Brand tells the granddad and the kids they can send messages and made it appear like Cooper gets a mysterious message/invitation. Then we cut to him contemplating what to do and deciding to leave. It all feels pretty organic actually with the audience left wondering whats going on, and Cooper's interrogation now still makes sense because even though he was invited he himself mentions these ai soldiers can act unpredictable.
ALSO changed Murph's shirt blue for better continuity with the next shot.

-Also removed the bolt cutter sequence. He just inspects the fence and the robot triggers.

- Removed lines where the daughter tells Cooper she only got to NASA because of her.

- Removed all interrogation about how they got to NASA since they got invited. I did keep the AI guard in because Cooper himself mentions they can be erratic.

- female dr Brands response 'yes you do' now feels like she knows he was invited when Cooper says he knows nothing about this place.

- Again: removed all mentions of 'them' during the briefing scene.

- Removed Matt Damons repeat of the poem

- Shortened the sequence with the daughter and son on earth. She doesnt have a eureka moment because ghost dad doesnt exist in this cut.

- Shortened the moment where they go check on the lungs of the child with a doctor to be less dramatic just for dramas sake.

- Removed the book closet space worm thing, but kept in the hand shake scene as a dreamlike sequence.

- Cut to Cooper dying

- Show the aftermath of everything during the credits. Crops being burned. Coopers daughter looking for a better place. The astronaut stranded with no hope for anyone to come to her aid.

99% done now. All I need to perfect it is a good voice over for the mechanics working on the compass.

Last edited:
Also: I'm looking for title suggestions. As I said it's basically an edit with no supernatural time traveling beings.

I'm really interested in seeing this!

Re: Title, you could go with something really simple like "Stark" or "Desperate". Narrow font, claustrophobic, walls pressing in, etc.

I'm actually not serious. We do however differ greatly in our opinion of the original movie. I mean..."Science Fiction" and "Speculative Fiction" are most times synonymous.

I'm actually not serious. We do however differ greatly in our opinion of the original movie. I mean..."Science Fiction" and "Speculative Fiction" are most times synonymous.

Ahhhh the internet and sarcasm dont always work well together. What do you think about : Interstellar - Out of time ?

That's a but morbid but appropriate considering your edit goals.

Interstellar Cooper Got Done in By a Donkey Cut. You could use the music from Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer for the title and trailer score.

Edit is basically done. Added a short glimps of Cooper's daughter closing her eyes which has an almost angelic quality to it right before Cooper dies. To tie in nicely with the 'last thing you see before you die are your children' moment.

Now what I would need to make this edit feel completely 'unedited' is some Michael Caine dialogue from his other movies to sort of function as a voice over of him giving the coordinates to Cooper's father. Will look for that a bit in his movies, but if it's not there then the edit already works well enough as is.

Last edited:
This sounds possibly a little more like something I would dig. I'd be interested to see if it works. Interstellar was one of my most frustrating cinema experiences. I started off loving it, and grew to hate it more and more as the pieces came together. The poltergeist/time travel aspect and love conquers all ending had me fuming at the end. I ranted about it all the way home and haven't watched the film since, haha.

Check it out, Donkey. The Scribbler has stepped out of their dark and dank tower to express their vivid yet very subjective opinion of the original movie...it just happens to align perfectly with yours. You may have a fan?

Back
Top Bottom