• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Highly Rated Movies You Don't Like

Of course it isn't, no Adam Sandler movie should be.

I don't get why Revenge of the Sith is considered the best prequel. I find it inferior to Phantom Menace, but superior to Attack of the Clones.

Well-

I probably shouldn't give my opinions on the prequels, so nevermind.

The discussion here reminded me of one that most people rate. 'Minority Report'. The way the characters don't question the flaws in the logic of the premise irritates me. Maybe it made sense in the book.

PKD is an interesting case for me. I like his stuff, despite finding his writing pretty bad. I enjoy the concepts. But they generally don’t hold up to close scrutiny. But that's also not the point.

TM2YC said:
The discussion here reminded me of one that most people rate. 'Minority Report'. The way the characters don't question the flaws in the logic of the premise irritates me. Maybe it made sense in the book.

The short story is about spoken prophecy and the minority report has to do with the police force not understanding that the prophecies are sequential, not three simultaneous perspectives. It's about exegesis and is not pro-free will like the movie. Tom Cruise' character realizes that his circumstance was specific to him because of his privilege to certain information and that, once accounted for, the system works fine. He sacrifices himself by accepting exile to keep the precog system in place. Very different message.

It's pretty sound from within its premise if I remember correctly, especially because it rejects free will.

His writing quality varies wildly because of his amphetamine addiction and prolific output. For every sloppy piece like "Imposter" (still a great read, though) there's something like "I Hope I Shall Arrive Soon" which has wonderful prose and is very powerful.

CourtlyHades296 said:
I don't get why Revenge of the Sith is considered the best prequel. I find it inferior to Phantom Menace, but superior to Attack of the Clones.

This is actually a common opinion, one I share even.

TVs Frink said:
This is actually a common opinion

Really?

r6b4jMJ.gif

So in this scenario am I GOB or Tony?

For one thing (and unlike the others), it's not a cartoon.

The Scribbling Man said:

Wrong Tony's mother!

(A month or so ago I would have had no clue about this one)

AotC is the most entertaining of the PT in terms of sheer WTF-ery, but the worst of the three as a film.
RotS is the worst prequel in terms of the SW saga, but the best of the three as a film.
TPM, due to all its Jar-Jar, is not as good a film as RotS, nor is it as shlocky fun as AotC.

The-Only-Winning-Move.png

(Rogue One and Solo both beat them all. :p )

Back
Top Bottom