• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Highly Rated Movies You Don't Like

That makes sense, I can agree with you on The Mummy.  Nothing matches Karloff's performance as you said, but I just love the atmosphere of that movie, and Dracula.

Dracula Restored is the best way to watch that film.

I really liked The Mummy, but I remember thinking the ending was pretty bad. I was actually thinking about the film yesterday. Its been on my list to edit it and improve the pacing.

CFTBL is incredibly boring, which is why I gave it a haircut. Now I find it really enjoyable to revisit.

I think Wolfman is pretty good. The makeup hasn't aged well though, and the lead guy is a bit creepy.

Don’t bother telling me I’m a stupid kid who doesn’t get cinema, because I tell myself that all the time. Both because of this specifically and many other reasons.

Anyway…

I don’t like The Godfather. And I went in expecting a masterpiece, because that’s all I’d ever heard. Then I saw it, and I just… didn’t get it, I guess. It looked nice, it was put together well, but I just didn’t care about anyone or anything in it.

Hopefully I’ll revisit it in the future and change my tune, post about it in that one other thread. But for now… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't really like the first John Wick. I was expecting a masterpiece because of all its praise, but I was very underwhelmed. 2 was better, and 3 was fantastic, but I just didn't particularly like the first one. I think it could be edited down to 40 minutes or an hour and be heavily improved.

I agree, I don't even think I finished Wick.  Got bored.  Never came back.

Same with Taken, although I did finish that one.  Just meh.

Y'all tried Murder Mystery on Netflix? It's Adam Sandler, people love it. My wife loves true crime shows, and mysteries like Sherlock stories, she thought she'd love it. The trailer isn't the worst. But we didn't get to the actual murder mystery part. The opening is that bad.

Every conversation sounded like improv, with no thought put in and an obvious point to get to. The first few lines, about fifteen seconds into the film, were this:
Sandler's friend: "You stick your finger in there, and it tells you if you're having a heart attack."
Sandler: "Man I don't know why I keep failing the detective exam. I know all the answers but I always freeze up."

addiesin said:
Y'all tried Murder Mystery on Netflix? It's Adam Sandler

giphy.gif

It's difficult to feel sympathy for anybody who willingly chooses to sit down to watch an Adam Sandler film ;) .

There are some really good Adam Sandler movies, thank you very much. Big Daddy and Reign Over Me come to mind.

Hate on me all you want. I watched Murder Mystery and I enjoyed it. And I correctly predicted whodunnit. But yeah it was a dumb movie, I knew it wasn't gonna be Agatha Christie quality, I kept my expectations low and drank 8 beers during the 97 minute runtime. 

ed99c2c20a634bb471e4bde8ea3f7242.jpg

TM2YC said:
It's difficult to feel sympathy for anybody who willingly chooses to sit down to watch an Adam Sandler film ;) .

She kept asking. She had recently watched my in-progress fanedit in its entirety and kept reminding me, "you know, I've watched a lot of stuff I wouldn't have chosen to if we weren't together". I didn't watch willingly; I relented.

Neglify said:
Hate on me all you want. I watched Murder Mystery and I enjoyed it.

Yeah but you're brave. I can't hate on you.

Mr. Jack-and-Jill watched Murder Mystery?  I am SHOCKED.

Neglify said:
Hate on me all you want. I watched Murder Mystery and I enjoyed it. And I correctly predicted whodunnit. But yeah it was a dumb movie, I knew it wasn't gonna be Agatha Christie quality, I kept my expectations low and drank 8 beers during the 97 minute runtime. 

ed99c2c20a634bb471e4bde8ea3f7242.jpg

Well, the 8 beers and the (surely omitted from your account) multiple hits of acid must be considered in your review.

I wouldn't waste acid on Adam. Unless I'm watching Punch-Drunk Love for the 222nd time.

Punk Drunk Love FTW.

My wife and I watched Murder Mystery. It wasn't a good film, but I could have wasted 2 hours doing worse things.

ThrowgnCpr said:
Punk Drunk Love FTW.

My wife and I watched Murder Mystery. It wasn't a good film, but I could have wasted 2 hours doing worse things.

This feels like a jab at the internet.

TVs Frink said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
Punk Drunk Love FTW.

This feels like a jab at the internet.

It wasn't intended, but the shoe seems to fit.

ThrowgnCpr said:
Punk Drunk Love FTW.

Of course right after I complained about it, my wife asked me to finish Murder Mystery.

I didn't hate it, it was fine. The opening is the worst part, by far. The actual murder mystery part is much better. It wasn't good, but we both agreed, it was fine, which is much better than Adam Sandler's normal output.

I had to watch pixels at work a few weeks ago, so yeah I'm sure there was no where to go but up

Pixels isn't highly rated!

Back
Top Bottom