• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Heinrich`s Cuisine

I can suggest:
- Pork and apple sausages
- There was a specific brand of vegetarian sausages I keep seeing in Tescos, I can't for the life of me remember what they were but they were NICE. I'll get back to you once I've had the chance to look.

today i had:

meatballs
tender pork loin
bacon wrapped scallops
deviled eggs
artichoke/crab dip
corn cob
sourdough rolls (so good!)
prawns
a dessert kinda like a homemade chocalate eclair
oyster stuffing
turkey
mashed potatoes
pumpkin pie
chocolate creme pie
sweet potato pie

joebshmoe said:
today i had:

meatballs
tender pork loin
bacon wrapped scallops
deviled eggs
artichoke/crab dip
corn cob
sourdough rolls (so good!)
prawns
a dessert kinda like a homemade chocalate eclair
oyster stuffing
turkey
mashed potatoes
pumpkin pie
chocolate creme pie
sweet potato pie

either you had this with many other people or you are bulimic...

...and what the hell is ?bacon wrapped scallops?? sounds great

...and what the hell is ?artichoke/crab dip?? sounds great

...and what the hell are ?sourdough rolls?? sounds great

:)

yeah i'm at work right now... still FULL from last night

all that food was spread out over 2 thanksgiving meals (my family, my wife's family) and i ate just an absurd amount. i kinda have an endless stomach but i was crying UNCLE with the pies (just BIG slices, not wholes).

it was pretty impressive & i'm pretty sure i gained like 8 pounds.

best thing that day you ask???

oyster stuffing. hands down. delicious.

heinrich: those foods you asked about are literally the most delicious foods on the planet. you NEED to find them.

my wife makes the dip with artichokes, dungenous crab meat, tomatoes, onions & a bunch of cheeses (as a base) and it is served with slices of sourdough (OMG!)

the bacon-wrapped scallops are unbelievably good, too. the bacon and scallops have their own great tastes and they are "baked" in a sweet sauce.

oh man i can't wait for left-overs tonight!!!

Ghostcut said:
I can suggest:
- Pork and apple sausages
- There was a specific brand of vegetarian sausages I keep seeing in Tescos, I can't for the life of me remember what they were but they were NICE. I'll get back to you once I've had the chance to look.

I found the sausages. The brand is "Cauldron", specifically they're Veggie Lincolnshire sausages. Try them. They're bloody nice, whatever you have them with. I once had them in sandwiches. What a breakfast that was.

So, Steak. how th ehell do you cook it???

been all round the web and nobody seems to agree on anything, some people say have the pan super hot, some say have it at medium heat, some talk about making sure the steak is covered, some talk about adding oil, some say adding oil is the worst thing you can do.

basucally im confused as i've never managed to cook one properly (or at least like it tastes in a restaurant) there always sdeems to be too much juice and the meat tastes 'cheap' even if ive spent the extra on a nice piece.

i have one of those instant-on electric hobs and a decent griddle pan as well as a normal frying pan.

Hein please tell me what im doing wrong :???:

Steak.

oh Steak. I always was the kind of guy that liked meat but didn?t need it on the table on an every day basis. I was always kind of the hot pot guy instead of the my-own-piece-of-meat dude. a couple of months ago i discovered the steak as the pure and simple meat pleasure that it is. Making a steak always reminds me of this wonderful matrix scene where the traitor is talking to the agent in the restaurant. Who in the world (except vegetarians) couldn?t understand the man???

steak is best when you don?t play around with it for example drown it in some marinade shit. Do that with other meat. a good steak doesn?t need much. It?s the lovely meat taste we?re after...

First of all you don?t buy a cheap steak! Good meat has its price and if you want the real deal you don?t go with the cheap stuff. Buy at the butcher not the supermarket.

Then it?s good to have a meat tenderizer. Bash your steak a few times to get it thinner and to get it?s fiber exactly the way you want it to.

I like my steak medium so the pan gets the medium heat treatment. I use very good olive oil (not too much!). olive oil is always good for frying meat (ask all the greeks). Put the steak into the pan and then put black pepper on it. fry it for 3-4 minutes then turn it around, put black pepper on this side and fry it for 3-4 minutes more. not longer!

Take it out. Important: now you salt it! Don?t put salt to your steak before it hits the pan or while it?s in the pan! when it is done...then it gets the salt! All the cooking books and the tv chefs tell you that. Salt after it is done.

Put it on a plate aaand go!

Hhhmm. Remember this mush they were having in the real world in the matrix movie that looked like sperm? This is the complete and wonderful opposite of it.

Drink wine or beer to it and try not to remember the sperm mush while eating...

thanks Hein!! i will be trying your method that next time (read the next butchers shop i pass) what i did last night which worked pretty damn well was this

washed steaks in water and patted dry

left for half an hour to warm up to room temperature.

griddle pan very very hot

throw both steaks in and leave for a few minutes

turn steaks and leave for another few minutes

add a little salt and pepper to taste

cover and leave to breathe (raised so as not to sit in their own juices) for 5 - 10 mins

it was bloody gorgeous :)

sounds very good. you didn?t happen to think about the sperm mush, did you?

i tried very hard not too but had to keep saying to myself

Its Tasty Wheat
Its Tasty Wheat
Its Tasty Wheat
Its Tasty Wheat
Its Tasty Wheat
Its Tasty Wheat
Its Tasty Wheat...

but i made it in the end with no loss of life or casualties :)

i just reread my thanksgiving feast post above and i'm so hungry right now!!!

Hein, tried your recipe for steak last night.

absolutely bloody gorgeous!! the olive oil and then salting afterwards really did the trick, i now like my Steak; a la Hein :)

thanks buddy

Steak a la Hein. Much too much honor. But i?m glad you liked it...

;-)

LOL.

Thanks for the flowers dude and i?m happy that my recipes pleased your family :) but you know I could knock you down with the amount of cookbooks on my shelf. The world doesn?t need more cookbooks. there are about a gazillion different already out there...

Quick simple lunch:

Two spoons of pesto
Two rashers of bacon [replace with mushrooms if you're veggie]
Boiled pasta

- Boil the pasta and mix it with two spoons of pesto
- Take the two rashers of bacon/chopped mushrooms (or both even) and fry it up.
- Mix that with the pasta
- ???
- PROFIT!

That was my extremely simple lunch today.

from the 'Student Recipe' cook book ;)

go on post yer fancy beans on toast recipe as well :)

Back
Top Bottom