• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Heinrich`s Cuisine

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Due to heavy popular demand I started this thread.

It is the place to introduce and discuss food that makes you go `yum, yum!!!`

We start off with the recipe for a very delicate soup called `Vichysoise`. It has its origins in France.

and it goes like this:

3 cups peeled potatoes, diced into1/2 inch cubes
3 cups sliced leeks (dark green ends removed)
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
1 bay leaf
pinch of thyme
fresh chopped chives for garnish

Bring potatoes, leeks, stock, bay leaf and thyme to a simmer until potatoes are tender (20-25 minutes). Remove bay leaf. Add heavy cream and simmer 5 minutes. Puree. If serving cold, cover and chill. Either way, garnish with chopped chives.

To make it a perfect experience you`ll put in Mettw?rstchen (too lazy to google the english expression)

Guten Appetit!

:)

its about time :D perhaps now every thread wont morph into a food discussion.

*looking forward to see what people post

Maybe this thread will change into a movie thread... :)
you never know

it could be... speaking of food and movies I am always reminded on a quote from a movie magazine:
"Eat Drink Man Woman" were not the first words that Arnold Schwarzenegger said to his wife Maria Shriver.

I would love to hear you cook it on the next podcast

That sounds a bit like Zuppa Tuscana, a soup from The Olive Garden which I love and found a recipe for/made a giant vat of the other week:

Makes: 6-8 servings
INGREDIENTS

* 1 lb ground Italian sausage
* 1? tsp crushed red peppers
* 1 large diced white onion
* 4 Tbsp bacon pieces
* 2 tsp garlic puree
* 10 cups water
* 5 cubes of chicken bouillon
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1 lb sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes
* ? of a bunch of kale

1. Sautee Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
2. In the same pan, sautee bacon, onions and garlic for approxiamtly 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.
3. Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.
4. Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
5. Add heavy cream and cook until thoughouly heated.
6. Stir in the sausage.
7. Add kale just before serving. Delicious!

Buon appetito!

Only I added the kale at the same time as the sausage and let is stew for a little while (the kale should be soft, IMO) before serving. It ruled...

Sometimes cooking is a fun thing. The other night I made a total ghetto Maxican Bean Soup. Just mixed a can of condensed chicken and rice soup with a can of baked beans, added in paprika, bullion cubes, chilli powder and tons of black pepper. It was decent enough for being a 1-dollar pot of soup.

I love the tangents on these boards. Being a former culinary student I suppose I should dig up one of my old recipe's too share with you guys.

C

sounds like a nice recipe beck, i?m gonna try this out...

I would love to hear you cook it on the next podcast

why the hell not. i guess i?ll have to think of some fe.org menu then...

has to wait though because i have this blinding pain in my guts. just went to my doctor and she sent me to hospital. guess i?ll be off for a few days...

...of course that shouldn?t keep you all from sharing your precious recipes...

keep it up, folks...

:)

Heinrich said:
has to wait though because i have this blinding pain in my guts. just went to my doctor and she sent me to hospital. guess i?ll be off for a few days...

i hope this isnt because of something you ate. that would be an ill omen for this topic. :)

...seriously though, I hope you are alright

In the special edition DVD of Sin City, Robert Rodriguez teaches how to make Mexican stuff (I think it was boritos). Haven't tried it yet, but I will one day, it looked delicious!
So maybe CBB should add a video of Heinrich cooking something, that would be great!

yeah... that doesn't bode well for heinrich's recipe that he posted ;) lol

i do hope you are ok, heinrich... stomach pain and nausea sucks... i'd much rather have a head cold than that.... sounds like yours is more than the stomach flu though :(

I hope it's nothing serious, Heinrih and that we'll see you here tommorow!

how r u feeling heinrich? i hope ur doing well.

here's a recipe for u.... something i had in a little greek restaurant once.

take some potatoes... (peeled or not, ur choice), and slice them up in
large slices (so they resemble a hockey puck shape) and boil them for a short while. add a little lemon juice to the water. then take them out, and put them in a baking pan, and cover them with a sauce made of butter and lemon juice, and bake them. (might want to pull them out and re-cover them with the sauce a few times)..... and enjoy.

i know lemon and potato may sound like an odd combo (did to me too), but it was really good.

Hein, you should consider making a cooking show with video, not just audio. That would be cool. If you have a camera.

Robert Rodriguez' Cooking School featurettes are awesome. The Sin City Breakfast Tacos aren't my thing, since I don't like egg, but the Puerco Pibil he made on the OUATIM DVD looked delicious. I am really looking forward to his entry for Planet Terror. Even if it's something I don't like, they are always really interesting. I like how he made his own little menu for when he has guests.

i think we need a podcast video edition "cookin w/ Heinrich". Quicks eats for the movie buff.

NexPhr3ak0r said:
i think we need a podcast video edition "cookin w/ Heinrich". Quicks eats for the movie buff.

this is a fantastic idea!!

Heinrich said:

any news yet? are you OK, Hein?? :-(

from what I know he was released from hospital sunday. Will call him today.

After hearing about what happened to Hein, I won't be trying to make that dish he gave the recipe for.

it was the damn chicken stock ;) i guess heinrich is back in action?? hope so anyway

Back
Top Bottom