• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Heinrich`s Cuisine

Ghostcut's This Is Not Beans On Toast

- Soak overnight and then boil a packet of dried chickpeas.
- Grill the toast.
- Take some chopped tomatoes and fry them with a red onion and the chickpeas
- Put the tomatoes and chickpeas on top of the toast.
- ???
- Profit!!!

sounds like it needs a touch of garam masala, and then you might be in business!

Frijoles Refritos a la Hein

what you need:

1 large onion hacked
4 garlic cloves hacked
2 tins of red beans
3 small chilies (jalapeno is always good) hacked
1 ts balsamico
1 tin tomatoes
1 cup water
cumin, kurkuma, black pepper (lots of it), salt
garam massala (if you like)
olive oil

how to:

heat a pan and fry the onion, chillies and garlic until they start to get brown. Add the water, vinnegar, tomatoes, all the spices and about a handful of the beans. put a lid on the pan and cook for 20 minutes at mild temperature. then you mash the whole thing a bit with a fork. after that you just add the beans and cook it for 2 minutes more. voila!

this goes perfect with grilled meat or eat it with rice and bread (if you´re a veggie). in any case you should consider leaving the wine in the cellar and open up a few cans of cold beer since it´s really hot!

thank you & god bless...

btw: GC, could you please be a bunny and fix the thread title?

"Heinrich´s Cuisine"?

thanks.

I'll do that before I nip to the shops to cook this :D

I have a bag of frozen red kidney beans. Will some of that do?

even better. fresh shit deepfrozen always better than the tin stuff...

:)

Gonna have this with grilled chicken breast tonight!

Right, I followed your recipe but left out the chillies (I forgot to buy them this time, will do next time around) and this is AWESOME. I also replaced the tinned tomatoes with some passata I had left over, and the balsamic vinegar with malt vinegar as I forgot to get that too.

However...
DAAAAMN.
This is some good food.

gonna have to give this a try. ..and garam masala, me like :) I have a big container of it

Ghostcut said:
I found the sausages. The brand is "Cauldron", specifically they're Veggie Lincolnshire sausages. Try them. They're bloody nice, whatever you have them with. I once had them in sandwiches. What a breakfast that was.

They also do a Cumberland variety, but since i couldnt remember which one you recommended i just bought one of each.

probably wont eat them today though , i had half a key lime pie earlier and im feeling a tad sick.

Half a key lime pie? Dear Lord man!!!

Ghostcut said:
I found the sausages. The brand is "Cauldron", specifically they're Veggie Lincolnshire sausages.

But they have natural pork casings. mmmmmm yummy. jk :razz:

Back
Top Bottom