• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Revisited by Andreas

UPDATE

Here are two new clips! The edit is about 95% finished, so I'm just gonna post short quickies to show you some of the basic stuff.

The first clip is to show of the basic Hogwarts "indoors" color correction, the Voldemort theme replacements and new Hogwarts transitions from one scene to another. However, the courtyard-scene might be further color corrected as I am not fully satisfied with it as of yet.

The second clip is from the Three Headed Dog-sequence and the discussion among the trio that follows. The original sequences were very quiet with some dull sfx, and lacked suspense and danger in the discussion among the three friends. The clip is heavily color corrected, with completely new sound effects and also some new music.

Not bad at all! :)

Where did that new transition shot in the first clip come from?

Editroid said:
Not bad at all! :)

Where did that new transition shot in the first clip come from?
It's from the Order of the Phoenix. The clip is originally bigger and from another angle, but to remove resemblence to Ootp, these changes were made. The transition shot was also upscaled to remove grain after I "zoomed in". :)

[UPDATE]
An MP4 file for the entire movie has been rendered and is ready for release. DVD/Blu-Ray, and an MKV, will be released separetely later on. Release date is in November.

NEWER CHANGES:

- Dragon sub-plot removed. No dragonbirth in Hagrid's hut.
- Hagrid is dumbed down, and so is the overall arching plotdetails. They made Hagrid really stupid in Sorcerer's Stone, and I never really liked that at all. It's a cheap way to move the story along.
- Quidditch match re-scored and re-sfx'd. Many color alterations as well. It's grittier, darker, scarier and faster.
- Voldemort's sharkteeth's from underneath his hood in "the Forbidden forrest" is removed, and so is his loud animalistic scream. This is not the Voldemort we meet at the end of the movie, nor in the later movies. Don't know what the producers were thinking here.
- The Forbidden Forrest is totally re-scened, re-scored, re-sfx'd (new sound effects) and much more true to Voldemort as a character. Alterations have been made here that I do not want to spoil, but rather let you see when the time comes.
- ... and overall, many more changes to both sound and music all throughout the movie.

I've also now started heavy work on the Chamber of Secrets, and it's going to be great! Might release a few clips if requested.

I really can't wait to check this out! I've decided to not even read your most recent cut list so I can just discover things for myself, I expect it should be more of an experience that way. :)

Andreas, long-time lurker, first time actually contributing something. I'm very excited to see how this project turns out. I'm not sure if you're still looking for cover art, but would something like this work for you?

https://mega.co.nz/#!VZ9FXYCS!
4cMrbVgqvGpDV-CP-XPgycYAEkLvSRL4prS4DoWjwo0

Scar said:
Andreas, long-time lurker, first time actually contributing something. I'm very excited to see how this project turns out. I'm not sure if you're still looking for cover art, but would something like this work for you?

https://mega.co.nz/#!VZ9FXYCS!
4cMrbVgqvGpDV-CP-XPgycYAEkLvSRL4prS4DoWjwo0
I already have a cover art that is due to be finished today. However, if you'd change the fonts into silver/darkgray I might use it as a secondary cover art for the High-Resolution release that is due to come later.

[Genereal Note]

I am happy to say that the edit is finished, and that the ending is totally different than from the original. You are sure to get a tear down your cheek!

I will not post cutlists and changes for the edit anymore beyond what is on the frontpage, simply because I want you to experience the movie knowing as little as possible about the alterations that have been made. That way you can immerse yourself better, and get blown away!

The edit is due to be released this week, hopefully before, or on, Friday.

Grey and silver it is :) Feel free to use or don't use as you see fit, Andreas; I'm just excited to see this edit come to fruition.

https://mega.co.nz/#!1QNQCZhB!
1I9vL-p5m4TnXDrUHkyqkGFIr8AX9Iqay6PpXi_SkIE

Sounding good! Forgive if this has already been stated somewhere but I don't think it has... Will one of the releases have 5.1 audio? Just curious. :)

Andreas said:
I will not post cutlists and changes for the edit anymore beyond what is on the frontpage, simply because I want you to experience the movie knowing as little as possible about the alterations that have been made. That way you can immerse yourself better, and get blown away!

I appreciate the sentiment you're going for but I think this will have more of a negative effect on your views/reviews. A lot of fanedit viewers won't even download unless they know what they're getting. And if they expect one thing based on what info you've provided and get a different thing, that's where possible negative reviews come in.

Looking at your existing cutlist, you've written something of an essay. It reads more like commentary than a cutlist. You don't have to write so much about intent and things like that.

I won't push any more than that, as I plan to watch the edit.

ManicGuy1989 said:
Sounding good! Forgive if this has already been stated somewhere but I don't think it has... Will one of the releases have 5.1 audio? Just curious. :)
With the High Resolution release that is due to come later (early 2015), there will most likely be a 5.1 release, yes. But this requires even more work, which is why it will come later.

addiesin said:
I appreciate the sentiment you're going for but I think this will have more of a negative effect on your views/reviews [...]
I can see your point. And I've been thinking about it.

I will post a new and updated cutlist today, but I will recommend people not to read it before they have watched the edit. :)

[UPDATE]

Changelist updated at the FRONTPAGE of this thread. All the major stuff is now in there. Read at your own expense! :)

Awesome. This is such a cool project! You've done great work and I'm really excited to see a version of the first Harry Potter that matches 3 through 8.

Do you plan on tackling Chamber at any point in the future or are you calling it quits after this one?

The fanedit is now up on the Internet. :)

addiesin said:
Awesome. This is such a cool project! You've done great work and I'm really excited to see a version of the first Harry Potter that matches 3 through 8.

Do you plan on tackling Chamber at any point in the future or are you calling it quits after this one?
No, definitely not quits.

Chamber of Secrets is already started work on. Its new color palette is almost done, and the first 30 minutes are already heavily re-arranged and altered with. It'll probably be ready within the summer of next year! It all depends on my time and dedication.

Its biggest challenge is The Whomping Willow-sequence. It's placed next to the castle in CoS, but several miles away from it in PoA. I've been trying lots of things to get this to work. It's tricky.

just got done reading through the change list. count me in as excited to give this a watch.

Andreas, did you decide to forego Academy approval or is it still being evaluated? I was just wondering why it ended up in the Unapproved section. I'm hoping to get to watch this over the holidays: very excited to see how it turned out..

Unapproved means it's finished and awaiting approval. Perhaps this forum section should have a different name...

Back
Top Bottom