• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Revisited by Andreas

I was pretty blown away by this edit. Such great work. A lot of the changes are small but they add up to a much better experience. I wasn't pulled out of the movie because of something cheesy or bad. The audio editing is just boss. Great work, brings it much more in line with the rest of the series. The color grading very much improved the look of the film. It was a bit too green after the unicorn blood drinking scene but that is a minor quibble. Put simply, this film looked and felt more like the rest of the series. Mission accomplished. It has replaced the theatrical cut for me.

p.s forgot to write this on IFDB but I LOVED the new opening. I can see how it could be repetitive for some but I enjoyed it each time since it is important to remember the thrust behind the whole narrative. Well done. Really looking forward to watching COS!

TV's Frink said:
You can go back and add it.

Sweet, learn something new every day. Just did. :)

Brett-Zalaski-The-More-You-Know.png

Amazing edit! The reworking and pace is extremely clever and clean.

The attention to detail with the color correction, soundtrack and sfx is unbelievable.

This is by far my absolute favorite way to watch the first film.

Hi, I'm sorry to bother. but how can I download both movies revisited by you? I've looked for them .info but I couldn't find them. Help please.

Sistros said:
Hi, I'm sorry to bother. but how can I download both movies revisited by you? I've looked for them .info but I couldn't find them. Help please.

Sistros, I've edited your post to remove the link. Don't do that again. If this is your first time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

FarewellAragog said:
Amazing edit! The reworking and pace is extremely clever and clean.

The attention to detail with the color correction, soundtrack and sfx is unbelievable.

This is by far my absolute favorite way to watch the first film.
Thank you! I'm happy you liked it enough to find it to be an improvement :)

Hello,

I am a long time fan of just fan edits in general and have a small personal collection burnt to DVD for my own viewing pleasure, I signed up for the site a year ago but then for whatever reason never really used my account however I frequently visit the site to catch up on new edits and news, anyway my main reason for contacting you is because I am a huge Harry Potter fan and came across your two edits, I really want to watch them but have no idea where to get/view them, unfortunately their is a bigger problem on my end as well, you see my internet connection is acceptable at best and I have a very difficult time downloading/torrenting large files as they take a very long time, I know its a long shot but is their any way I could get a smaller file copy of your edits somewhere around 900 Mbs or 1 plus gbs sadly anything past around 1.10 gbs I feel would be pushing it

Thank You for your time

Can't believe how long it took to me to get around to viewing this! Here's a short review :

"I got a copy of this a while back but with college work etc. have only just had a chance to sit down and check it out properly.

This is a marvellous edit. The first two films in the Harry Potter series are easily the worst of the lot. Andreas stated somewhere that his influence for this edit was the Prisoner of Azkaban (my personal favourite of the films) and it really shows. The atmosphere is so much darker but in a way that makes sense. The opening scene alone is worth getting your hands on this edit for!

Video and audio editing is sublime, very few cuts if any were ever noticeable and the added score from later films really helps to create a sense of 'musical continuity'.

More than anything though it was the little edits things that really improved the experience for me. Little added sound fx such as an apparition noise when Hagrid randomly disappears in the train station?! Awesome! And so many other small changes/additions that make the narrative of the film much easier to digest.

I can't recommend this enough for anyone who found the first film a bit of a slog and I myself can't wait to see what Andreas does with Chamber of Secrets!!"

I'll be sending a PM shortly in regards to Cos! :-D

Can anyone please PM me links to Andreas' edits of HP 1 and 2?

I'm very eager to see them after watching the clips in the first post of this thread.

lvilgen, if this is your first time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

[MENTION=34380]moderndaynerd[/MENTION], if this is your first time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

Hi guys, can anyone send me The Sorcerer Stone by Andreas. I've asked him but he doesn't have the file any more.

Help please =)

Yeah, I've got both of his edits. I'll get them uploaded this weekend (unless this blizzard is really bad) and submit the links to the other place, too.

Sistros said:
[The editor, Andreas] doesn't have the file any more.

WTF. [MENTION=10697]Andreas[/MENTION], you should definitely keep back-ups of your own fanedits​.

thecuddlyninja said:
Yeah, I've got both of his edits. I'll get them uploaded this weekend (unless this blizzard is really bad) and submit the links to the other place, too.

Please don't encourage rule breaking. I know you are just trying to help out but still.

Sistros if this is your first time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

Neglify said:
WTF. Andreas, you should definitely keep back-ups of your own fanedits​.

While this is true, I wouldn't call it a WTF as a lot of editors respond this way when asked for edits.

Sorry, I didn't realize this wasn't the requests forum. I should have checked first.

Back
Top Bottom