• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

GODDAMMITSOMUCH

I believe the gist is that he'd like to enter into a full nihilistic numbness from which no lure of hope could set him up for further disappointment. Which is Hell itself, but whatever floats one's boat.

Duragizer said:
I believe the gist is that he'd like to enter into a full nihilistic numbness from which no lure of hope could set him up for further disappointment. Which is Hell itself, but whatever floats one's boat.

I was going to post this as soon as you mentioned nihilistic numbness, but then you made it even better by talking about floating one's boat.

images

TVs Frink said:
Duragizer said:

I was going to post this as soon as you mentioned nihilistic numbness, but then you made it even better by talking about floating one's boat.

images

I think you would have been right to post that,  so go ahead and post it.

The skin around my left eye is all red dry and red and wrinkled. I look like Prince Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender. It's been like this for the past couple of weeks. It's constantly itchy, and then it suddenly flairs up and there's a burning pain and lots of tears. It's really annoying above all else. I went to the doctor yesterday. I assumed it was allergies  but my mother thought it might be something else. It turns out to just be allergies, and the doctor recommended certain eye drops.

This is the second time I typed this because I accidentally mis clicked and lost it all.

My Twitter account has been hacked. Email and password have been changed. I don't know what to do.

It's official — I dislike my sister's boyfriend. The guy's a freeloader, a bullshitter, and there's a very strong possibility he's a two-timer as well.

That's horrible. I hate the idea of people cheating, it makes me sad (hint hint, mom).
I hope your sister can realize it eventually. 

In other news, my eyes have gotten so bad that I hardly slept last night because of the pain and discomfort. I was so tired today, I spent most of it just laying down and napping on and off.
Tgis week I had off, but tommorow I go back to school. I can't afford more sleepless nights. I'm doing everything the doctor has told me to do but it's not helping.

jrWHAG42 said:
That's horrible. I hate the idea of people cheating, it makes me sad (hint hint, mom).

Sorry to hear your mother's involved with a cheater, too.

I'm not a fan of what I call enforced monogamy. Some people simply aren't predisposed to monogamy, and they shouldn't be pressured into living that lifestyle. On the other hand, non-monogamous people shouldn't enter into relationships with monogamous partners and then proceed to sleep around and lie.

I hope your sister can realize it eventually. 

Oh, my sister is quite aware. Problem is she doesn't confront him directly; instead she fluctuates between passive-aggressiveness and being a pushover.

My mother isn't involved with a cheater, she cheated on my father when they were still married. This was over a decade ago, I wasn't old enough to know, but in more recent years my father has told me.

But damn. Are you planning on stepping in at all? I suppose I can't really offer any advice, I haven't been in your shoes here.

jrWHAG42 said:
My mother isn't involved with a cheater, she cheated on my father when they were still married. This was over a decade ago, I wasn't old enough to know, but in more recent years my father has told me.

Ugh. Sorry to hear that.

But damn. Are you planning on stepping in at all?

I think she has to fight her own battles.

Imagine if the elves at helms deep had felt that way.

So I was making my weekly run to the local comic shop today and John Lucas, a local artist, was talking to the shop owner about having inked a few pages for one of today's new issues (Fantastic Four #652).  The shop owner opened the issue and pointed out his name in the credits.  Lucas said "Wow, I'm surprised they actually credited me!"

The fact that he was surprised by being credited for his work is deeply troubling.  What the hell, Marvel?

suspiciouscoffee said:
So I was making my weekly run to the local comic shop today and John Lucas, a local artist, was talking to the shop owner about having inked a few pages for one of today's new issues (Fantastic Four #652).  The shop owner opened the issue and pointed out his name in the credits.  Lucas said "Wow, I'm surprised they actually credited me!"

The fact that he was surprised by being credited for his work is deeply troubling.  What the hell, Marvel?

Might have been contract work or similar to a ghostwriter.

addiesin said:
suspiciouscoffee said:

ghostwriter.

8675a311577977.560fa0c1f335b.jpg

H. R. Giger would've been the perfect concept artist for a Ghost Rider movie. Alas, that time has passed.

One of Marvel's best books of late has been a recently relaunched West Coast Avengers title, which is a sunny, offbeat romp that has been a consistent delight for the last few months.  Of course Marvel, being Marvel and wanting to fail, has cancelled it after only 10 issues.

copyOfFirstPage._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

So long West Coast Avengers, and thanks for all the land sharks.

Precisely why I don't read modern Big Two comics anymore. What little good stuff they produce gets crowded out or turned to garbage in no time flat.

I have this paper I need to write for a class and in many ways it's almost the same paper as the last one I wrote for this class, and that one was easy and I made an A on it.

This time I can't even start it because, despite being much simpler text to understand, it is somehow infinitely harder material to write about.

Back
Top Bottom