• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

GODDAMMITSOMUCH

It's -13°C outside, it's windy, and the wood stove in the basement isn't providing any heat upstairs.

Duragizer said:
It's -13°C outside, it's windy, and the wood stove in the basement isn't providing any heat upstairs.

A plumbed-in stove?

TM2YC said:
Duragizer said:

A plumbed-in stove?

As in with multiple pipes providing heat to different rooms? No.

Duragizer said:
TM2YC said:
Duragizer said:

A plumbed-in stove?

As in with multiple pipes providing heat to different rooms? No.

Just a thought. In that case throw on a few of these?

Prestologs.jpg

I am so f---ing pissed at yahoo, I don't know what to do.  

So this whole thing starts off with me reading an article and on yahoo and then reading the comments people made on it.  I then wanted to reply to one of the comments made.   Of course you have to have a yahoo account and you have to be signed in to make comments.  I had one from way back but I had forgotten its password.   There was a way to send a link to change the password to an email account I used when I originally made the yahoo account.   But when I clicked on the button to email the link, I didn't receive the email.  I found out later that it was because my  email account had for reason acted like email from yahoo was spam and deleted.  Anyway, I just decided to create a new account.   I was able to do so.  So then I made my comment.   I then realize that my actual first name was showing up with the post.   So I added a nickname thinking that it would switch name showing up my nickname and no longer show my actual first name.   It was doing that.  So I thought well, somewhere there must be a setting that decides whether your nickname or first name will show with posts.   I couldn't find such a setting.  So, I go to their help screen.  I don't see what I am looking for there.  I click a button marked "contact us".   It brings me to a page where I can either click something that brings me back to the help screen or brings me to a screen where I can report spam or harm to minors.   I mean, when something says "contact us", don't you think it should bring up screen with contact info, phone number email,  that sort of thing.   It all it is going to do is  give you the option of gong back  to the help screen or or reporting spam/harm to minors, just create a button for reporting spam/harm to minors and call it that.  There is no reason to give me the option of going back to the help screen where I already was previously.   At this point,  I was pissed.  I posted something a feedback section and gave up.  After I calmed I came back to it.   This time I clicked on an article and went to the comments posted a test post.   This time it posted under the nickname.  I guess it just took a while for the change in what name is used to go through.   I then decided I thought I should check and see if anyone what replied to my comment.   There was just one problem:  the article that I had originally commented on was no long on yahoo's home screen.    Ok,  so I searched yahoo to find out how to find old comments.  Eventually, found that by going to the comment section of any yahoo news article, there is an icon you click on where it will bring up previous comments you made.  But then there was another problem:  I could find the comment I originally made, but the comment section where I made it.    It allowed me to bring up the article but without the button that would show its comments.      Why?   Why is it so f___ing hard to find a comment section that I posted on.    Why you would have a list of comments I made without links to the comment sections where I originally made them?  I mean what the f___.    Why would have older articles without link to their comment section?  I just don't f___ing get.

Yahoo suck, their help screens suck.   I see no way to email them for help.  There maybe a way to phone them but it looks like to have pay for some sort of upgraded account to have that option.  

I am just so f___ing pissed that want to punch someone.    

f___ you yahoo.

Threads merged. We don't need a new thread just because you're pissed at yahoo....

Sorry, you're right.  I was so pissed off, I didn't see this thread and wasn't realizing where my post should go and I wasn't thinking.  Sorry.

Warbler said:

So this whole thing starts off with me reading an article and on yahoo and then reading the comments people made on it. 

Should have stopped right there.

That's what I just did.

Warbler said:
I don't get it.

You shouldn't have read the comments on the site, and I didn't read the rest of your post because it was a giant wall of text.

Well alrighty then.

So this whole thing starts off with me reading an article and on yahoo and then reading the comments people made on it.  I then wanted to reply to one of the comments made.   Of course you have to have a yahoo account and you have to be signed in to make comments.  I had one from way back but I had forgotten its password.   There was a way to send a link to change the password to an email account I used when I originally made the yahoo account.   But when I clicked on the button to email the link, I didn't receive the email.  I found out later that it was because my  email account had for reason acted like email from yahoo was spam and deleted.  Anyway, I just decided to create a new account.   I was able to do so.  So then I made my comment.

I then realize that my actual first name was showing up with the post.   So I added a nickname thinking that it would switch name showing up to my nickname and no longer show my actual first name.   It wasn't doing that. 

So I thought well, somewhere there must be a setting that decides whether your nickname or first name will show with posts.   I couldn't find such a setting.

So, I go to their help screen.  I don't see what I am looking for there.  I click a button marked "contact us".   It brings me to a page where I can either click something that brings me back to the help screen or brings me to a screen where I can report spam or harm to minors.   I mean, when something says "contact us", don't you think it should bring up screen with contact info, phone number email,  that sort of thing.   If all it is going to do is  give you the option of gong back  to the help screen or or reporting spam/harm to minors, just create a button for reporting spam/harm to minors and call it that.  There is no reason to give me the option of going back to the help screen where I already was previously. 

At this point,  I was pissed.  I posted something a feedback section and gave up.

After I calmed I came back to it.   This time I clicked on an article and went to the comments posted a test post.   This time it posted under the nickname.  I guess it just took a while for the change in what name is used to go through.  

I then decided I thought I should check and see if anyone what replied to my comment.   There was just one problem:  the article that I had originally commented on was no long on yahoo's home screen.    Ok,  so I searched yahoo to find out how to find old comments.  Eventually, found that by going to the comment section of any yahoo news article, there is an icon you click on where it will bring up previous comments you made.

But then there was another problem:  I could find the comment I originally made, but not the comment section where I made it.    It allowed me to bring up the article but without the button that would show its comments.      Why?   Why is it so f___ing hard to find a comment section that I posted on?    Why you  would have a list of comments I made without links to the comment sections where I originally made them?  I mean what the f___.    Why would have older articles without link to their comment section?  I just don't f___ing get.

Yahoo suck, their help screens suck.   I see no way to email them for help.  There maybe a way to phone them but it looks like to have pay for some sort of upgraded account to have that option.  

I am just so f___ing pissed that want to punch someone.    

f___ you yahoo.

There, no a longer a wall of text and I  edited out a few mistakes.  I hope this make people happy.

Don't ever read the comments on an article.

Because you end up getting mad and complaining about it on a different website.

Back
Top Bottom