• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

GODDAMMITNOTATALL (WiNNING!)

Even if something is against "store policy," it never hurts to ask for an exception...

Hello,

I bought an AT&T Galaxy S II Skyrocket one week ago. Today I see the price has changed from $199.99 to $0.01. Obviously I'm very unhappy to hear this.

Short of returning the phone, what can you do to make me feel better about my first (and possibly last) experience with Amazon Wireless?

Thanks.
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket 4G Android Phone (AT&T) . I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.

Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $199.98. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

Please understand that I'm issuing this refund because of the exceptional circumstances, and I'm doing this for you against our standard policy.

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A PRICE GUARANTEE?
While we don't always beat the best available price on every product, we do offer deep discounts on many thousands of items. From time to time, prices on some items will change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we cannot extend these discounts to completed orders.

Thanks for shopping at AmazonWireless. We look forward to your next visit.
By the way, every AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon phone is still on sale for 1 cent thru the 28th with activation of a new line (not sure about contract extensions).

http://wireless.amazon.com/f/pennyp...F&pf_rd_p=1331654162&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=G001

Spent two hours with a physio therapist this afternoon and found out that the reason my entire right hand side has felt all wrong and my foot being extremely painful for the last 17 years is because I have a dislocated talus bone in my right ankle!

After 17 years it finally looks like I might be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

I think I'm more chuffed about this than getting that damn bone fragment out of my jaw! :cool: :) :cool:

Community is back on the air!!!

success_baby.jpg

I haven't had much to post in the Winning thread, but today was huge in the L8wrtr household. Without going on in my usual long-winded manner, today a consolidated, passionate group of parents were able to convince our school board to drop consideration of a proposal which would have had massive effect on the school where my wife teaches, my oldest son attends, and where my younger son is supposed to attend. I was on TV and made an impassioned plea to the board.

Today, I am king of the world. That it is on my birthday only makes it BI-WINNING

tomorrow, back to our regularly schedule program of fighting uphill battles :)

nOmArch said:
What was the proposal?

8 years ago the school, after much research started what is called a Dual Language Immersion program (DLI). It's a program that allows Spanish speakers to become bilingual and bi-literate while also maintaining quality of education so that by the time they leave the school in the 6th grade, they aren't just bi-literate, they are at grade level in all subjects. There are many ways to achieve English proficiency, this is one that the school decided made sense for the local population. The program starts and kindergarten and continues through the 6th grade.

The way it works is that a classroom is comprised of 50% Spanish speakers (or English Learners) and 50% English speakers (or Spanish Learners). Starting in K, instruction is provided 90% in Spanish, 10% English. the numbers are inverted over the years so that by 6th grade the students are all proficient in English and Spanish. It's a popular program and has been running for 7 years. It's an option, and because it's popular requires a lottery to get into, mostly for the Spanish Learners (English speakers).

A few years ago another school in the district decided to start their own, only they didn't do the research they didn't plan it out. Now they're having trouble maintaining the program because their class size is diminishing too much (people can leave the program by moving away, but a 3rd grader new to the school cannot transfer in, you have to start at Kindergarten). With budget constraints in California class sizes are increasing so having two 3rd grade classes with only 18 kids is a problem.

SOOOOO.. at some point a discussion began about combing the program at my son's school, and then phasing out English only classes year by year and forcing all new English Only students to the other school. So this fall, all of the K classes at the school would be DLI, and all K classes at the other school are English only.

So if you don't win the lottery to get into the DLI, or if you don't think the DLI program is right for your kids, you have to send them to a school across town rather than across the street. Kids already in the English-only program could stay at the school, but for families with younger kids (like me) who are about to enter school, they'd have to go to a different school and that's a nightmare. And it just gets more screwed up from there.

So the parents of the school banded together, made our objections clear and loud and got the board to drop that aspect of their research. Now we can positively focus on realistic solutions.

L8wrtr said:
8 years ago the school, ---- Now we can positively focus on realistic solutions.

Good one you guys, I wish they'd started teaching other languages at my (& every other english primary) primary school, I might of somewhat interested when I was 4

/employs spade

You saw what I did there.

I saved a lot money because I had the courage of not going to see Metallica in Paris yesterday's night.
(anyway I saw them a shitLOAD of times in the past years and will see them for the next album no matter what!)

I just won a free double pass to the movie Headhunters, along with a copy of the book it was based on.

Don't worry, the trailer is safe for work. :lol:

[video=youtube_share;jpOrx5az7Fg]

a couple nights ago: i gathered with my friends @ a restaurant straight out of Blue Velvet or some other corner of lynch's imagination. everybody there was about twice our age, and there was some decrepit lounge music going.

my friends love alcohol, and one had too much. he's usually extremely talkative, and for the past 15 minutes he hadn't been talking much. his meal came back up explosively onto the table, and presumably a chunk of meat or seafood then got lodged in his airway during inhalation. i didn't hear him breathe, and later another friend would confirm that he hadn't been breathing for about at least five seconds. his torso convulsed—doubt it was a grand mal seizure, but probably his diaphragm trying to suck in air, which it couldn't.

i jumped up and started whacking his back, over and over again. still unresponsive. clasped my hands around him and applied some upward thrusts into his belly just below the sternum/xiphoid. something came out, and he was breathing again. he was able to say he was ok.

before i started whacking his back, i had asked someone at another table to call 911. but it was all over in seconds, so there was no longer any need for the paramedics. still, that fuck should have called 911 in case i wasn't able to clear my friend's airway.

my friend could've died that night (he still has no clue what happened to him). my other friends and i would have had to explain his death to his wife and kids, who're overseas. that would've been really shitty.

Just found out my exchange is getting FTTC start of October that means up to 7.6Mb/sec down and 2Mb/sec up!

:llama::llama::llama::llama::llama:

Dancing Llamas people, dancing fucking Llamas!!

Finally got rid of my 30" 1080i (yes, "i") CRT HDTV and got a 42" LCD LG set for only $450.

TV's Frink said:
Finally got rid of my 30" 1080i (yes, "i") CRT HDTV and got a 42" LCD LG set for only $450.

that's too fucking awesome. your eyeballs are going to thank you.

Back
Top Bottom