• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

GODDAMMITNOTATALL (WiNNING!)

Hydra-X.gif

Like I said, says it all...

... Except that al-Qaeda is not, and never has been, a state, and its support in the Muslim world has withered over the past decade, especially in terms of the Arab Spring - so if it "says it all", then it says it all ignorantly and wrongly.

Naval Academy midshipmen are having a lot of win.

Gaith said:
... Except that al-Qaeda is not, and never has been, a state, and its support in the Muslim world has withered over the past decade, especially in terms of the Arab Spring - so if it "says it all", then it says it all ignorantly and wrongly.

So, you think that the 'death' of Bin Laden is the end of all this? Will it change anything? Is the "War on Terror" over? The fact remains that Al-Qaeda is stateless, it remains. There are plenty of people willing to take up the leadership. Yea, he was a figurehead, but it's not the same as the end of the Third Reich - it is not a country. Al-Qaeda won't simply collapse, if anything, it's resolve will grow. I would argue that the death of Bin Laden is perhaps symbolic, but not hugely significant anymore.

Take it somewhere else please...this thread is about WINNING.

So back to the Dentist today for him to look at my ulcer again and he calls in a colleague who mucks about in my mouth for a few minutes and then produces this.

bonefragment.jpg

roughly half a centimetre long piece of bone, how it got there anybodies guess, both Dentists had no idea, but it's gone my mouth feels relatively normal now for the first time in 6 weeks and there is no pain.

WINNING!

:eek:You'll have to stop eating pork scratchings

I wish it had only been something as simple as a pork scratching...

So, down the recycling centre/landfill to get rid of plastic bottles and garden cuttings. In the 'reuse area', I find DVD copies of 'Galaxy Quest' and 'Animal Farm'(1999)/'Miss Firecracker'. For free. For The Win. :)

Went to a CD/DVD store today that I hadn't been to in a couple of years. This location is now a clearance center so most of the DVD's are used. They've got quite a bit at 1$ and 2$ with some going for 3 or 5$ as well. I managed to find myself a real rarity in the 5$ section. I picked up the long OOP "Pumping Iron II: The Women", which is now going for close to 250$ new. :eek: Used it's going for over 120 bucks all the way up to 170$. Talk about hitting the goldmine. :lol:

Yeah, but you have to watch it.... ;)

Or are you going to resell it?

No plans to resell it right now. I just like knowing that it's worth a lot of money. :lol: And I definitely plan on watching it.

I sold Jim Henson's The Storyteller, R2 PAL for £40($65) on Ebay at the weekend. :)

I went to see The Hangover II on Tuesday and decided to stop off at Future Shop afterwards. They had American Dad Vol. 1 and 2 on sale for 9.99$ each. They only had one copy of each and the case for Vol.1 was cracked and had two missing pieces on the bottom underside so I left them there. Yesterday I decided to check their website and saw that they've actually got Vol.1-4 for 9.99$ each so I decided to check Best Buy's website. They didn't have them on special. They were charging 38.99$ for Vol.1-3 and 36.99$ for Vol.4. So I headed to Best Buy and told them that Future Shop was selling them at 10$ each. They not only match their competitors prices but they'll beat them by 10%. So I ended up paying 6.99$ for each volume. The original total would have been 153.96$ plus tax but with the discount I only paid 27.96$ plus tax. The moral of the story? It pays to compare prices, or to be cheap. :lol:

When I got home though I noticed that somehow the third disc from Vol.3 was missing. I went back this morning to exchange it and saw a new display at the front of the store with various tv shows on special. One of them was American Dad. They were now selling Vol.1-4 for 9.99$, they also had Vol.5 or 6, can't remember which, for 19.99$. Double win for me!

I just made an awesome milkshake. I drank it. All of it. It was full of win.

tumblr_lmcscqDIls1qdsjb2.gif

Rogue-theX said:
I just made an awesome milkshake. I drank it. All of it. It was full of win.

fail.jpg

Corrected it.

Back
Top Bottom