• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead: Extended Mall Hours Cut

boon23 said:
it sure looks as if you knew what you were doing.
The main menu looks awesome with the animation beforehand. The trailer is really good. The scene selection is very well done.
I have now watched 6 minutes into the movie. Video quality is great. Audio has a problem though. I am listening to it with headphones and it is changing, when a scene from a different source was added. It sounds like it was switching from mono to surround or stereo sound.

I know the part you're talking about. There was a gap in the music and I replaced it with the theme from the CD soundtrack. However, I didn't get to downmix it to mono in time, so it does sound a bit off. However, the rest of the audio after these two parts (when Fran asks to "kill" the superimposed rescue stations and when her boss freaks out when his people start leaving) is straight from the two cuts and sounds more natural. The audio from the Argento cut is a bit more muffled than the Cannes cut, but I tried to match everything up as best as possible. Here's hoping the two minor audio shifts in the beginning don't detract too much and the rest of that the rest of the audio sounds smoother. I guess you might've seen the rest by now, so hopefully you liked it. If this makes it, I'll start prepping the Enter the Dragon preservation/special edition project.

bob647 said:
Will there be a torrent of this edit? I don't have a Rapidshare Account and I want to see this so bad!

Um, I won't lie, I've never seeded a project on bittorrent, so I'm pretty slow on how to do that. There's a chance that it will eventually be made into a torrent, but I want to wait and see if the rapidshare versions will "pass inspection" first. Then I can make a torrent for it. Sorry for the delay in the response, by the way... I'm slow like that :grin:

And here is the single layer version!:

uploaded to RapidShare

Plus, here is the 3D cover and disc art:

Please leave these rapidshare files up for a while. I don't have an account. so it will take me about 2 weeks to get it all.

rijir said:
Please leave these rapidshare files up for a while. I don't have an account. so it will take me about 2 weeks to get it all.

No problem. If the project is approved, then the links should stay anyway as far as I know. Plus I have the links in my rapiduploader history.

very, very nice.. can't wait to watch it

*edit*

.r28 from the dual layer version seems to be down (error message - server hardware failure)

it will be back.

hey I need to know something about your single layer version. What method did you use to shrink it down? I ask (and not to sound condescending) because If i can make it look better by dl'ing your DL version and shrinking it myself, I wll go after your dl disc edition

tranzor said:
hey I need to know something about your single layer version. What method did you use to shrink it down? I ask (and not to sound condescending) because If i can make it look better by dl'ing your DL version and shrinking it myself, I wll go after your dl disc edition

Hey, it's not condescending. I used an 8 pass run through DVD Rebuilder, and actually the dual layer version is for those who may also want to compress their own version. The single layer version is more for the "casual fan" of the website and may just want a quick copy to burn to a DVDR.

Btw, is there anything else I need to do now for any further approval or just sit back and wait?

Thanks for the info. Your single layer version sounds just fine. Pretty much you just have to sit back and wait for Boon. Though he may want you to try and fix that minor audio issue mentioned a few post above.

I honestly hope the ten or so seconds of audio source change in the opening wouldn't warrant a total re-do of the discs/rar files/rapidshare links as they took quite a while to do. It was a minor error on my part when trying to finish the project that I didn't downmix the music into mono and degrade the sound to match the rest. I honestly don't think it would be enough to detract from the overall film, but it's entirely up to the fanedit.org team. Well, as I always say... fingers crossed!

Nah I doubt it would. If that issue only happens for like 8-10 seconds
at the beginning and thats it I highly doubt they would hold it against you. I was thinking that usually approval would come from them or if another regular member (like myself for example) would offer a review and ask for it to be approved.
I would love to see this but prob would not get a chance to even start dling it until tomorrow night

Well, I feel a little better now :-D My next project will be a lot simpler, so there should be less room for error. It's the Enter the Dragon theatrical cut preservation project, and basically it's just a case of adding the original mono track from the laserdisc to 99% of the DVD video, while adding a couple of brief "bridging clips" from the laserdisc (properly inverse telecined and 16:9 upconverted to match the rest). The DOTD project was a massive bitch! I basically watched both the Cannes and Argento cuts on top of one another in the Vegas viewer so I could grab even shots that lasted less than a second! There was a headshot in the Argento cut that was literally a third of a second! Exactly 8/24ths!

oh I know. I remember shelling out close to 200$ back in the day to get that Jap dotd perfect collection laserdisc box set (when it first came out). That was the first time I was able to see Argento's version and noticed quite a few super quick shots during it.

I always wanted to get that German "all films into one" combo dvd. But since the audio was Gemran only, why bother (unless that was my native language). Your edit fixes this issue for me. I cannot wait to see this

tranzor said:
I always wanted to get that German "all films into one" combo dvd. But since the audio was Gemran only, why bother (unless that was my native language). Your edit fixes this issue for me. I cannot wait to see this

I was always wondering how this German cut was 156 minutes PAL. First of all, mine is 155 minutes (admittedly rounded up from roughly 154 minutes and 35 seconds) at NTSC 24fps speed. I'm sure a few even more minor snippets from Argento's cut might've "escaped", but not enough for another minute. My guess is that the German DVD might've been a half assed NTSC to PAL transfer. I've read somewhere that the quality wasn't that great, so that could've been it. I've seen interlaced NTSC-to-PAL transfers in the past... lord, I thought I was having seizures :?

Btw, is there anything else I need to do now for any further approval or just sit back and wait?
not really much you can do. I did not have the time to finish watching, only took a sneak peek. But anyone with a postcount higher than 50 can review your fanedit and give it the approval it needs. I know this waiting time can be draggingly painful, but I ma sure, you will very soon get a comment, since this work is of huge interest from what I read here.

This is the infamous German LONG version. It is heavily cut, which means it contains almost no scene of violence and no close up shot of any zombie. Still it runs 141 minutes... I have no idea what they added or didn't, because I honestly could not watch it that way.

AMAZON Germany

and here is a comparison:
X-Rated DVD - ?berarbeitete Langfassung, FSK 16 = 140:50 Min. (the one I mentioned above) and the
Laser Paradise DVD - Ultimate Final Cut, ungepr?ft = 155:20 Min.
http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittb ... php?ID=872

here is a comparison between:
* Marketing Tape
* Laser P. DVD

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittb ... hp?ID=1170

and here between:
* Argento Cut
* Ultimate Final Cut

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=46

unfortunately it is all in German.

boon23 said:
really much you can do. I did not have the time to finish watching, only took a sneak peek. But anyone with a postcount higher than 50 can review your fanedit and give it the approval it needs. I know this waiting time can be draggingly painful, but I ma sure, you will very soon get a comment, since this work is of huge interest from what I read here.

All righty... I'm still learning the whole process here :grin: So it just basically needs one "thumbs up" from someone with over fifty posts? Huh... Well, I might start doing some small "pre production" work on my next project just to get a bit of a head start. Something to keep me busy :lol:

this would make a cool 5th disc in the DOTD UE V2 collection.

I will watch this tonight,and let you know what I think.

Back
Top Bottom