• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead: Extended Mall Hours Cut

I was FINALLY able to download this and check it out a little bit ago . . . WOW. My hat is off to you dude. I've been a fan of Dawn of the Dead for as long as I can remember and this is a project I've wanted to do since at least 1995 when I first learned of the three different cuts of the film!

In fact, somewhere around 1998 or so, I did my own composite cut using the first Anchor Bay VHS release of 140min cut and a VHS dub of the Argento cut (from the Zombie Dawn of the Dead - The Perfect Collection LD set from Japan). I used two VCRs and somehow I managed to sync up the Goblin score into the truck scene footage from the Argento cut . . . though, to this day, I don't remember how I did it. Yes, the quality was iffy at times and the cuts weren't smooth or natural all the time . . . but it worked.

When Anchor Bay finally released the Ultimate Collection, I was inspired to do something like this even more . . . but alas, I just didn't have the time, patience, or tools to do it. So, again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for this Extended Mall Hours Cut of my favorite movie of all time.

My hat is off to you bro.

Wow, can't believe this is still getting great reviews all this time later... and for my first project :-D I desperately need to finish my Enter the Dragon True Fanedit so I can move onto new projects! I understand the lack of time thing... I did the DOTD DVD during periods of boredom in my dorm room in college!

I posted a while back on this thread about doing my own fan edit of dawn which was never completed in the end. Since then I've been busy with other things and thought I'd add a link to this thread (which has no illegal downloads, pm me on there if you're interested)

http://www.bookofthedead.ws/forums/view ... p?f=4&t=16

While not a movie fanedit, it is a soundtrack fanedit I put together with many previously unreleased tracks, which might come in handy if someone decides to have another go at this dawn composite edit.

The download links to this one are dead now, which is an ironic shame. If only one day those dead links would rise again and eat our brains. :-(

Gilgamesh said:
The download links to this one are dead now, which is an ironic shame. If only one day those dead links would rise again and eat our brains. :-(

I know. :(

This bums me out.

Finally got my hands on this, and I love it!! On top of the 'Ultimate Edition', and every other DVD copy I have of DotD, this is a very very welcomed addition. I seriously can't stop watching it.

I see the SL version is up. Any chance for the DL version to ever go up again?

[MENTION=30280]alex cutter[/MENTION] do not post a link to a download again or you will receive an infraction. Read the rules if you don't understand.

This.... It's like watching it for the first time all over again. I've seen it over 200 times and almost taking it for granted.... Thank you, thank you so so much. This is amazing. Can we do something like this with day of the dead? Where would we find the content?

if the footage exists it would be possible, but I know not of such an occasion. With Dawn there's a box set that has the differnet cuts such as Dario Argento's (which includes the children zombies, but omits the pie throwing because Argento wanted to do a more serious cut, he changed the soundtrack too.)

Day was filmed on a reduced budget which is why it was filmed in an underground bunker setting, the only extension I know of was a prequel story showing bub's life pre-zombification, but that was an actual mini comic in the blu ray.

For Day Of The Dead you could do The Warriors style edit, when they did the directors cut they added comic book bits between scenes. You could do an intro using the comic book mentioned above

Hello OficiallyUnofficial,
I was in the mood for some Romero films and in poking around, I came across your FE of "Dawn Of The Dead" I see that it is posted on YouTube of all places and is in HD. I would LOVE to add your Edit to My Romero Collection - could you be kind enough to send me a link to download the highest quality edit you have for sound and picture?
I am so greatful for those that take the time to create such dynamic editions of such classic films!
How may I download your edit, and is it the same as the HD Version on YouTube?

Best regards,
The Rivers Edge

Back
Top Bottom