• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead: Extended Mall Hours Cut

rijir said:
Ha ha. Love how you used a bit of the remake graphics in there. Can't wait to see this edit.

Heh, you caught me! :lol: I just loved the silhouette of the "zombie army" used for the remake promos, so I thought it would work with this as well. And boon23, coming from someone who's seen hundreds of fan made covers, those two words are a great compliment!

Just a question, will anybody possibly torrent this?

All right, here it is, the "test release" of the dual layer version. I uploaded all 70+ RAR files overnight, and here are the links:

uploaded to Rapidshare

Good lord, that's a lot :? Anyway, I'm calling it the "test release" since I'm not 100% sure if it's all working properly. I read someone else had a problem uploading RAR files, of one of them didn't work, etc. And since this is my first time creating RAR files and uploading them to rapidshare, I wanted to see if someone would be willing to step up and try these links out. And, if it works, they'll be the first to have the movie :-D Anyway, I'm currently working on uploading the single layer links now as well, but they won't be up until later today.

Oh yeah, and I need to create a disc cover to go with the DVD cover... guess I should work on that now :lol:

so... can I move it to firstlings now?

boon23 said:
so... can I move it to firstlings now?

Oh... sure! I'm still adding the final touches to the overall project (links for the single layer version, links for the cover and disc art), but it's basially finished. It'd be great to have a "firstling"! :eek:

you now do... forumwise. Congratulations on finishing.

you can post that here as well.
I would be very interested in getting more info on what you did.

All righty... btw, how do you create the "display case" style DVD cover? I just want my cover to look more like the others on the site, but I don't have a clue how to get that look :lol:

But anyway, here we go!:

GEORGE A. ROMERO'S DAWN OF THE DEAD: THE EXTENDED MALL HOURS CUT
by OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL

What is it about? This takes the epic "zed word" classic and extends it to its maximum possible running time.

How to get it? via RAPIDSHARE
tagline: When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth

Original film name: George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead
New film name: George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead: The "Extended Mall Hours" Cut
Film studio name: Anchor Bay / United Film Distribution
Edit crew name: Officially Unofficial
Date original film was released: 1978
Date edit was released: January 2008
Original Runtime: 126 minutes (Romero's theatrical cut) / 139 minutes (Cannes cut) / 117 minutes (Argento cut)
New Runtime: 155 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added: 16 minutes added (to Cannes cut)

SCENES CUT/TRIMMED/EDITED: None

SCENES ADDED:
-Countless extra snippets throughout the Argento cut were added to the 139 minutes Cannes cut. These include a few extra headshots in the mall sequences, as well as various dialogue extensions, such as the bikers in the finale planning their "attack strategy" ("One by one, they're gonna knock you off your little bikes").
-One full scene which was previously cut and added back in is a bit of dialogue between Peter and Stephen after they return from "shopping" the first time. Stephen acts cocky while Peter wants him to realize just how lucky they were. This scene contains the line "Let's say the lady gets killed... you'd be able to chop off her head?" which was used in the English language Italian trailer.

DVD Details:
-NTSC
-Audio is AC3 2 channel mono
-Animated menus including scene select
-Extra: Fanedit.org teaser trailer
-7.4 GB (dual layer) / 4.33 GB (single layer)

Your intention for this fanedit:
To create the longest possible cut closest to Romero's shooting script.

Your way to achieve your intention:
By taking the longest official cut (the 139 minutes Cannes cut), and adding roughly 16 minutes of footage that was exclusive to the Argento cut.

Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit):
SmartRipper
Vegas 6 and Vegas 7
Adobe PhotoShop
DVD Architect 3
DVD Rebuilder
Cinema Craft Encoder

Additional Comments:
This is an idea I've had for a fan edit for years. I first heard about the Argento cut having exclusive footage around 1999. It wasn't until 2004 with the release of Anchor Bay's "Ultimate Edition" that I finally saw Argento's version. I finally started working on this in fall of 2007 on a whim. Principal editing began around September/October, and was put on hiatus. Production resumed around December 2007 through January 2008. Like I've also said, while Romero's 126 minute cut is my preferred version, I still wanted to create this cut to piece together somewhat of a "glorified workprint".

Time needed for this edition: 4 months, on and off.

boon23 said:
www.imandix.com
this is the program for the 3D views.
The pro version is not free, but has those nice mirror effects.

Thanks, I'll certainly have to check that out now! Btw, the single layer RAR files are currently uploading. Should be up in several hours!

no.74 is missing for DL

boon23 said:
no.74 is missing for DL

Um... no it isn't... *sneaks off a la Peter Griffin to fix it* See, it's there! :p

I forgot that rapiduploader uploaded 74 first, so when I was copying and pasting the links starting with the first file, I must've passed over that one. Thanks for the heads up!

thanks. It extracted just fine!

it sure looks as if you knew what you were doing.
The main menu looks awesome with the animation beforehand. The trailer is really good. The scene selection is very well done.
I have now watched 6 minutes into the movie. Video quality is great. Audio has a problem though. I am listening to it with headphones and it is changing, when a scene from a different source was added. It sounds like it was switching from mono to surround or stereo sound.

Will there be a torrent of this edit? I don't have a Rapidshare Account and I want to see this so bad!

Back
Top Bottom