• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead: Extended Mall Hours Cut

UPDATE! The teaser trailer for this project, in full 24p 16x9, will be posted later tonight! STAY TUNED!!!

I was wondering what a trailer was going to really show but Damn that was nicely put together. Can't wait to see the finished thing.

Thanks! Btw, I just noticed that I forgot to add the TV filter for the last newscast before the Monroeville Mall spot, but it'll be touched up for the DVD. I was going to add the Japanese trailer as well from this compilation tape I have, but it's in such crap quality, that it'll induce way too many migraines!

Wow! That trailer was really sweet! Can't wait! I hope someone will do a torrent!

-RHR

NEW UPDATE! I'm going to try to post a video montage of the DVD intros and menus later tonight. Also, if all goes well, I hope to have the dual layer version of the DVD rendered by tomorrow!

W00t! Also can you think of doing a single layer version too, for us people who don't have super fast internet or just don't have the time (like me LOL). I heard of this program that can shrink DVD really well. I can't remember the name of it but I'm pretty sure Boon knows what it's called.

it is called DVD REBUILDER, but if the movie is to long, I would not use it. 2h30 is the max I would use it for.

I was planning on doing a single layer disc as well as the dual layer one will be roughly 8 gb. The run time is a bit over two and a half hours (nearly 155 minutes), so it might still be decent. But yeah, I hope to have two versions uploaded to make things easier for people.

Well, no DVD project is complete without its share of problems... that's what I always say. Well, I've tried twice to render the dual layer version to my external hard drive with DVD Architect 3, and both times it said there was an unknown issue causing it to stop at about halfway through. Now, I don't think it's the "4 GB limitation" issue with my hard drive as it should be splitting into separate 1 gig vob files like any other DVD... so I don't know what the problem is. I'll keep trying, but it may delay the project a bit more than expected. If anyone wants to try to help, feel free! :?

Can you release a SL version first and then a DL version once you figure out the problem?

Well, I'm trying a third render right now. I think (heavily emphasizing the THINK part) I found the problem. I forgot to change part of the mastering info from single layer to dual layer. Thus, it might've stopped encoding once it hit 4.7 gigs. Anyway, this third render is about halfway finished now, and so far so good. I REALLY don't want to render a single layer version yet. My plan was to render the dual layer version first, then use DVD Rebuilder to create the single layer master directly from the dual layer master. FINGERS CROSSED BIG TIME! I really want to move onto my Enter The Dragon preservation project :lol:

BTW how come your sig for your edit says coming winter 2008. Are you planning on waiting till that time to release it?

Okay, I figured out the problem! After a THIRD failed attempt at rendering, and nearly getting ready to punch a hole through my computer, realization came to me. One of the files that was being rendered on my external hard drive began to hit 4 gigs... and of course, it wasn't formatted to handle a single 4 gig file. So now I'm doing some "spring cleaning" on my computer to allow more space so I can create a temp folder on my main hard drive and THEN the dvd files will be rendered to the external drive... ugh... WAY too damn convoluted!

bob647 said:
BTW how come your sig for your edit says coming winter 2008. Are you planning on waiting till that time to release it?

Sorry, I missed this post! Well, "Winter" was a vague release date to be between January and February. I was going to originally write "January 2008", but in the event that there would be major delays, I didn't want to take any chances :lol: However, the Enter The Dragon one will most likely say "February 2008" since it should be a pretty quick project to work on.

FINALLY! The project is just a day or two away from full completion! I finally finished both the dual layer and single layer versions. Admittedly, the single layer version does have a compressed look, but looks better using DVD Rebuilder than it would have using DVD Shrink. This is why I'm offering both versions for people to download. I'm currently putting together the RAR files for the single layer version, then I'll have the dual layer RAR files created overnight. From here, I'll get the rapidshare links ready. Also, I hope to have a sample of the cover art ready by tonight. STAY TUNED!

DL for me all the way,looking forward to this.

thanks

Well, while I'm still creating RAR files and uploading finished files to rapidshare, here's a sample version of the cover art for everyone to check out while they're waiting!

Ha ha. Love how you used a bit of the remake graphics in there. Can't wait to see this edit.

Back
Top Bottom