• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Frink's Prequel Cutlist Project

That's too bad. I, like many others, are still looking for those prequel edits that combine great editing with great video/audio quality. A slumberland/adm combo, if you will. Personally that is why I'm so looking forward to your edits, JasonN.

To bring this thread back on topic, I should be done with ADM's EP 2 tonight or tomorrow night at the latest. After that I'll probably take a break to focus on watching the NCAA basketball tournament and prepare for my fantasy baseball draft. After that (next week sometime?) I'll start on the next cutlist - probably MagFan's EP1.

8 cutlists finished, 18 to go (plus future edits not yet released)

the phantom re-edit isn't great image quality, but with my TV zoomed to wide zoom it looks good and the subtitles are fine. so not a huge deal.

i'm thinking about doing a proper cropped XviD and subs? has anyone done that before and could offer advice?

You might want to ask that question in the tech help forum. I don't have a clue.

joebshmoe said:
hi blick, just wondering if you are going to be doing a comparison between all of the EP1 edits?

perhaps a matrix of sorts... ?

just wondering - i could see condensing all of this great information into an easily digestible summary being very useful.

I've decided to start looking at a comparison project, using some sort of spreadsheet format. For now I'm looking for help in deciding what items to list for comparison (dialogue, silly action, etc.). I don't plan on listing complex stuff like moving scenes around, altering music or voices, etc. I think that won't work too well in a spreadsheet format (and that is what the cutlist scripts are for anyway :) )

If you would like to make a nomination, and I would definitely appreciate it, please do so here:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5923

Since I haven't updated in a bit, just thought I'd mention that I've started work on the EP 3 script. The beginning of the movie is seriously dense. Tonight it took me an hour of real time to get through one and a half minutes of screen time. I think I'll have to break this work up, so I'll probably stop after a while and do another cutlist to give myself a break.

All right, I'm through about 25 minutes of EP 3 (the entire opening action sequence). And I'm exhausted. There are so many more changes in location (space/cockpit/space/bridge/cockpit/space etc. etc.) and it's a chore keeping up with it all. Just to give you an idea of how much more involved this one is, the first 25 minutes took 30 pages. The entire EP 1 script is only 80 pages!

I think I'm ready for a break. I'm going to do another cutlist before I come back to the EP 3 script. Not sure which one yet, however.

Decided to start on Magnoliafan's EP 1...

hey boon, i got a little surprise for you in the upcoming cutlist....

TV's Frink said:
hey boon, i got a little surprise for you in the upcoming cutlist....
a surprise? for me? cool :)

Update - back working on EP 3 script again. About 35 min complete. Goal is to get to about the 1 hr mark and then work on another cutlist. Sithlord EP 1? Horace EP 1? Father Merrin EP 2? Mag Fan EP 2? Not sure yet, we'll see.

When JasonN's DVD versions are available (and assuming no version 2.0 planned), they go to the front of the queue.

Update - didn't work much on the EP3 script for a few days as I was out of town, but over the past couple days I've gotten a lot done. Just about to the 1 hr mark now, so time for a break to do another cutlist. I'm thinking maybe Sithlord EP 1 (just downloaded it), but would someone like to suggest a different edit? First post wins. ;)

TV's Frink said:
...would someone like to suggest a different edit? First post wins. ;)

be careful what you say/wish for... :lol: lol if you're REALLY bored you could tackle my "Rise of the Empire" edit... it's all 3 prequels in 4 hours... if i remember right, there were around 300 cuts... something like that.

http://fanedit.org/327/

Hey lewis, thanks for stopping by. Your edit is on my list, but I have to finish the EP 3 script first. So I tell you what, as soon as I do that, yours will be the next cutlist I do.

In the meantime, Sithlord EP 1 wins.

Finished with Sithlord EP1 cutlist, but I'm out of time tonight. It will go on RS tomorrow.

Incidentally, I'm really intrigued by Sithlord's edit. I'm not sure I like it quite as much as Slumberland's, but it's still very good, and it has much better audio (full 5.1) and video. At this point, it could be the one I choose to watch over the other edits. I've been searching for an edit that combines ADM's audio/video quality with Slumberland's editing quality, and this one comes pretty darn close.

Unfortunately, I'm in the US, and Sithlord's edits are PAL. The soundtrack is sped up somewhat - it's not obscenely obnoxious, but it is noticeable, and it's quite disappointing. I assume this is happening because I'm watching PAL on an NTSC player. Can anyone confirm this? And does anyone have access to (or can make) a NTSC version? Oh please oh please oh please....

TV's Frink said:
Incidentally, I'm really intrigued by Sithlord's edit. I'm not sure I like it quite as much as Slumberland's, but it's still very good, and it has much better audio (full 5.1) and video. At this point, it could be the one I choose to watch over the other edits. I've been searching for an edit that combines ADM's audio/video quality with Slumberland's editing quality, and this one comes pretty darn close.
Did you get a chance to view my Prequel edits yet or were you going to wait for the DVD versions? (I couldn't remember if you had said something about it before in another thread)

The DVD versions will feature some refinements/revisions, so I guess they could be considered the "Version 2" releases - most of them are rather minor such as audio/video fixes along with spelling corrections and a few rewrites for the title crawls and subtitles, but there's also a few extended or shorten scenes that weren't in the AVI versions (like Obi-Wan's "Good Job" line in EP2).

I am waiting for the DVD versions. The cutlists are all based on DVD versions, and my personal preference for casual watching is on DVD as well. I have high hopes for your edits, but in the meantime I did the Sithlord EP1 cutlist and was pleased to see that it was a pretty decent cut with very good audio/video. Unfortunately the PAL/NTSC thing with the faster soundtrack is probably going to end up being a dealbreaker, unless I can convince myself that the characters are on helium or something.

Back
Top Bottom