• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Frink's Prequel Cutlist Project

Hey, a few people have actually downloaded the scripts from RS. It didn't seem like there was much interest in this, but maybe I was wrong. Anyone have any comments?

Update: I'm 45 minutes through the Phantom Edit.

And oh yeah, Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who celebrate it.

this is really awesome, blick57. What an incredible amount of work. Kudos.

Thanks Boon!

And call me blick - blick57 is too formal :)

Update - I've started work on EP 2. I'm about 20 minutes in. And thanks to this project, I've just discovered that the guy who offers "death sticks" to Obi-Wan in the night club is named...

...wait for it...

...Elan Sleazebaggano!

Get it? He's a sleazebag! The "gano" at the end makes him sound all alien-y and futuristic-y. Kind of like Gasgano from EP 1.

Really? Who named this guy? Obviously Lucas did, I'm sure over the objections of everyone else. I never really minded this scene that much, but now that I know his name, I can't wait to see which of our faneditors cut him out.

Update: Finished first hour of EP2. Currently not making much progress due to upcoming holidays, but still working on it when time is available. Still also hoping to get these documents onto the website somehow.

Update: Took a few weeks off for the holidays but started putting time in on this again yesterday. About an hour left to go on the EP2 script, then another pass through to look for mistakes, then it's on to Slumberland's EP2 edit.

Update - Almost done with EP 2 script! I haven't had much time to work on this over the past month, and it's been brutal getting through the whole monster battle/jedi arena battle/clone war stuff. Action scenes take a ton of time to describe properly, dialogue scenes are much easier. I'm really dreading the opening 20 minutes of Sith. At any rate, I've got just 10 minutes left - Anakin/Obi/Dooku and Dooku/Yoda duels plus the few ending wrap-up scenes.

Oh my, the Obi/Ani/Dooku fight was painful. Lots of quick cuts, difficult to keep track of. However, there was one sequence that was simple, and it sure looks silly on the page:

ANAKIN faces DOOKU. Sparks fly and they attack each other. Close up of ANAKIN in the dark. Close up of DOOKU. Close up of ANAKIN again. DOOKU again. ANAKIN again. They spin away. Close up of DOOKU. ANAKIN. DOOKU. ANAKIN. DOOKU.

I feel nauseous.

Finally done. I need to watch it again to check for mistakes but the tough part is over. Thank the maker I only have to do this for one more movie!

Not too important but here's a question for admin - why is this topic in "fan edit ideas" rather than "fan edit comparisons?" Seems a bit misleading, since I'm not creating a fan edit.

At any rate, I'm almost done with my second pass through the EP2 script. I should be finished by the weekend and can start on the first cutlist.

Someone mentioned in another thread how it would be nice to have a spreadsheet showing the cuts. A daunting task but something I've been thinking about for a while. It would certainly be easier to compare edits, but it would be a ton of work. Anyone up to the challenge? If not, I'll probably do it myself some day.

Blick - are you going to do the other Ep1 versions?

Yep. I just needed a break from jake and jar jar :)

Current plan is to do Slumberland's EP 2, Father Merrin's EP 1, Phantom Editor EP 2, and then we'll see from there.

At some point I'll be working on the EP 3 script as well, but that's a while off.

My EP2 script contains the following line:

NUTE and SUN FAC are already on the scene.

Today's quiz - guess what TV show this was loosely taken from.

Ok, the previous post got me thinking and I did a quick check on SUN FAC only to find that he wasn't NUTE's assistant, he was a Geonosian. So who the heck was with NUTE on Geonoisis? Some star wars wiki site says it is RUNE (same dude that was in EP1) but I don't remember his voice being so low. Anyone know who this guy is?

EP 2 script complete. I'm leaving RUNE in the script unless someone has better information. Stay tuned for Slumberland's EP2 cutlist.

The 3 episode 1 scripts that were completed (ADM, phantom editor, slumberland) have been uploaded to FE and added to the edits respective pages for download.

Very cool - thanks!

Hey Throw, I just noticed that I misspelled Slumberland in the file name of the word doc. Can you fix that on the FE.org version?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom