• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Frink's Prequel Cutlist Project

I'm very happy you decide to expand your project. Looking forward to it.
I wouldn't give up on the actual movie script. StAR WARS fans are the most avid and technically savvy types.
What you are looking for is... ahem... Out there! did you check out the OT forum?
The final list will be a text document? If so could I suggest the use of BOLD and COLOR to make the edits stand out?
How will you annotate edits that were made but not part of your wishlist?
May also suggest starting with a well cut or trimmed fanedit. This will give you an idea what you're in for.
How many fanedits are you planning to breakdown?
When do you think you will be done?
When do you think you will quit? hehe just kidding. :p
Do or do not.

I will look into the OT forums but if you or anyone else can point me to an exact location or source that would be just great.

I plan on working in Microsoft Word, so there should be an easy way to make the edits bold and/or color. Great idea.

I'm not really worrying about my wishlist anymore, at least not for public consumption. I'm just going to note the edits I find.

I'm going to start with Slumberland's EP1. I was thrilled to read Slumberland's EP2 cutlist, seeing so much I agreed with completely. Then I was surprised to see hardly any description at all for EP1. So that was the driving force behind this project and it seems like a good place to start. From there we'll see how much I do - ideally I would do 'em all but that would take a long, long time, so we'll see.

Don't expect this anytime soon. I do have to keep going to my job, unfortunately. Not to mention pay attention to my family occasionally. But I will update as I go.

blick57 said:
Don't expect this anytime soon. I do have to keep going to my job, unfortunately. Not to mention pay attention to my family occasionally. But I will update as I go.
Heh! And here I thought you were a teenager. :lol:

1st post updated - example now indicates cuts by using red bold type. Thanks to KBM for the suggestion.

Also, I think I'm going to stick with using the pre-production script. I haven't really been able to find an updated script, and since the "finished" script is available for purchase, I'm a little worried about the legality of using a digital copy of the finished script and then distributing it. Seems like kind of a grey area I'd rather not get into.

I will still be updating the pre-pro script to get it as close as possible to the actual movie. I've done about the first 10 minutes so far. More to come....

Update: I've been working on correcting the pre-production script for TPM. It's been a long process - I'd say each 5 minutes of movie time has taken me around 45 minutes to an hour of work. I'm at the 1 hr 40 min mark, so hopefully I can be done in the next week or two and start actually watching fanedits.

In the meantime, anyone have a good idea how I can distribute this when I'm done? I'd like to get it on the website somehow, but I clearly can't post it in the forum. It's a word document that is currently at 70 pages!

Ok, finally done creating the TPM script. And it only took a month...

I'll probably watch the movie again while reading along with the script, to see if I missed anything. This should go much quicker, and once that's done, I can start charting fanedit changes. I'll probably do a few TPM fanedits before thinking about starting work on the AOTC script. I need a break!

Now...the script is 79 pages long in Word. It will be shorter for the fanedits, but still way too long to post in a forum. So, anyone have an idea of what I can do with these fanedit scripts as I complete them? Some way to get a link to them on the appropriate fanedit.org pages?

Is this in any way useful to the website or forum community? Boon?

we use rapidshare to share files that can be at most 4.7 Gb.
is your word document that big? if not then you can upload it to rs and maybe let boon know.
he might want to uploaded it to his own rs account.

hmmm....
FE is a website about movies, not scripts. I find the idea of yours cool. but would not know where to put it.

Regarding the file size of the script - it's only 336 KB (it is a Word file, after all). So file size shouldn't be a problem. I'm assuming I can't upload to RS since I don't have an account, but maybe I can email to one of you for uploading?

Regarding putting it on the website - FE is not a website about scripts, I agree. But it is also not a website about cover art and there is cover art on the site. I'm thinking that for each SW fanedit, all that would be needed is a link somewhere on that fanedit's page that would allow people to download the script. The link could be in the same area of the page where the changes to the original are listed. It would hardly take up any space on the page, but for anyone who was interested it would give them a lot more detail on what has been changed.

Update - the TPM script is finished! I've taken a second pass through the movie and made a few corrections here and there. It's not perfect, but it's pretty complete, with lots of detail.

I've also gone through the first half hour of Slumberland's EP 1. The script is proving very useful to document what has been changed. Can't wait to share once I'm done...

Hope this works out well.

Me too...

It's going to work great for me. I'm finding it very easy to see what has been taken out and from there I'm expecting I can pick out the one or two fanedits of each prequel I like best.

How it works for anyone else remains to be seen. I'm still hoping we can figure out a way to get this on the FE.org website. But we'll have to wait and see...

I've completed the first cutlist - Slumberland's EP 1. The entire script is in a word file, with deletions in bold red text and additions in bold blue text.

This wasn't the ideal way to watch a movie, charting changes as I went along, but I will say my impression of Slumberland's work is very favorable. There were a few oddities. I saw a few lines deleted that seemed somewhat random, there were changes to subtitles that didn't change the meaning of what was said - a little bit of editing that might not have been needed. But in general I really enjoyed the edit. It flowed nicely and the audio transitions were handled well. Nice job Slumberland!

Next up - ADM's EP 1.

Boon - can we talk some more about sharing this with others? I really think it would be of use to the community, and I don't see why it couldn't go on the website. On the page for Slumberland's edit, right under the "Cuts Removed / Added / Extended", there is a bullet point indicating there are too many cuts to mention. Couldn't we do a second bullet point with a link to the script? The word file is small enough that I could email it to some one who could post it on Rapidshare. Of course you should look through the file first to see that you are comfortable with the format, but I think it's in very good shape.

Nice going blick57. May I suggest sharing it now.
No point getting ahead of yourself specially if there are opportunities for improvement.
Why don't you let us take it for a spin? see how it runs.
You could upload what you have to Rapidshare.
As for a permanent home, well, If you build it it will come.
How big a file is it?

Good points KBM - I'm certainly willing to let others look it over before it is posted. It's a very small file (360 KB) but I'm not a Rapidshare member - can i still upload it? I assumed I couldn't, which is why I assumed I'd have to email it to someone else to upload.

Well, I guess I shouldn't have assumed - apparently you don't need a premium account to upload to rapidshare. Who knew?

Here's the slumberland script:

http://rapidshare.com/files/165152758/e ... t.doc.html

Apparently it can only be downloaded 10 times, but this will work for now. Please feel free to take a look and let me know what you think.

I think someone download the file...it's hard to tell based on the RS stat because there are three downloads listed, and I think I "downloaded" at least two myself by checking to see if the link worked.

Regardless, I'm pressing forward with my work on ADM's EP 1. I'm not sure how much time I can devote to this project going forward, so I want to do as much as I can for myself while I have time. If this ends up on fanedit.org and helps others as well, that's just icing on the cake. And if not, I'll still have the scripts for my own use.

Update: Halfway through ADM's EP 1.

So where do I go from here? Certainly I expect to keep working, since I originally wanted to do this for myself. But with fanedits (and cover art?) no longer available on FE.org, seems like my scripts won't ever show up there either. And more to the point, I'm not even sure I can upload to rapidshare and let others download anymore. There hasn't been much interest in this anyway, so perhaps it doesn't matter.

Update - ADM EP 1 is complete.

Back
Top Bottom