• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fan Edits Wish List

Has anybody here ever thought of doing an HD reconstruction of the 99-minute theatrical cut of Blood Simple? This would require making the excised 3 minutes (seemingly exclusive to VHS, laserdisc and a few early DVDs) look sufficiently "not bad" to go alongside that from the blu-ray, but several other projects have done similar things.

Think this is the only Coen brother film to have a directors' cut, while they insist it's better it would be nice to let audiences judge for themselves. Reminds me somewhat of the Picnic at Hanging Rock situation, and while the changes here appear far less drastic the completist in me is curious!

I'd like to see the Stephen King series Castle Rock done with 80s and 90s Stephen King adaptations. I even wrote a few notes as to what it could look like which involved leading into a season two.

I would love to see a fanedit of "At the Earth's Core" starring Peter Cushing, turning it into the third Milton Subotsky Dr. Who movie. Milton Subotsky did the two 1960's Dalek movies starring Peter Cushing as the Doctor. He also made "At the Earth's Core" starring Peter Cushing and Doug McClure. Interestingly, Doug McClure calls Cushing's character "Doc" throughout the film. If the beginning was trimmed and a matte was created for the TARDIS to replace the Mole at the beginning and end of the film, it would be a proper Doctor Who story on another planet. Just throw opening credits in keeping with the 1960's Dr. Who films, and it would be perfect.
That's an intriguing idea, but one that I'm not sure if it would work. It's true that Peter Cushing looks quite similar in this to how he looked like as the Doctor Dr. Who, and it's true that the setting is early Who-like enough, but other than that the story is way too centered on Troy Doug McClure, with Cushing with next to nothing to do except for wandering around clumsily as the bumbling comic relief. That paired with the fact that, as a major Cushing fan, this is the only time ever that I found him annoying.

The British sci-fi series Intergalactic (eight 45 min. episodes; sadly didn't get a second season) is a great candidate for a TV-to-movie edit if it could be edited down to ~3 hours.

Watching Pete Davidson's show Bupkis and it'd be interesting to see if his movie The King of Staten Island could be re-edited to act as a series of intro episodes to give the show more context/content, since he's basically playing the same character in both.

I would really like it if there were a fanedit of Star Trek the original series that takes out a lot of the sexiness. I tried watching it but I found that I was constantly distracted by the minidress and stockings on the women and the tendency for bare chested machismo by the men XD 😅

I'd like to see the Stephen King series Castle Rock done with 80s and 90s Stephen King adaptations. I even wrote a few notes as to what it could look like which involved leading into a season two.
This would work really well I think. Many films that adapt his work usually drop the ball somewhere and I'm not sure trimming it down into an episode length would solve it, but I'd still love to see it done.

I'd love to see Babylon 5 with really good special effects. I love the story (except season 5), but those effects... :(

Also, I'm still looking for a perfect version of Lost. The versions I've looked at are great in some ways but still not quite what I want (if there was a way to tell the story without Jack, and also the characters doing stupid things, that would be awesome!) :)

Last edited:
The #1 spot on my fan edit wish list is to edit Twin Peaks season 2, episodes 10-21 to remove these needless plotlines:

-James-Evelyn
-Dick and Andy rivalry/Little Nicky
-Audrey & Billy Zane
-Ben Breakdown/Civil War set
-Nadine cheerleading/superstrength
-Milford rivalry/Lana wedding
-Everything related to the pine weasel
-Windome Earle monologues to himself
-Bobby wanting to be Ben’s assistant

I'm thinking probably half those episodes run time could be cut and the latter half of season 2 wouldn't be such a slog. I hope a Twin Peaks fan with good editing skills is reading this!

I'd love to see Babylon 5 with really good special effects. I love the story (except season 5), but those effects... :(

Also, I'm still looking for a perfect version of Lost. The versions I've looked at are great in some ways but still not quite what I want (if there was a way to tell the story without Jack, and also the characters doing stupid things, that would be awesome!) :)
I think the crude effects of the early CGI era have a special nostalgic charm. I don't mind them at all (especially since let's face it, some of the actors don't quite meet the material either). But I've read that it is going to be released on blu-ray soon, having been completely remastered. It will either look better or worse in hi-def. We'll see!

As to Lost, almost all of the show is wheel spinning that leads to nowhere particularly interesting. I've always thought the best way to treat it is to watch the entire first season and then pretend it was canceled. That first season is pretty good!

I think the crude effects of the early CGI era have a special nostalgic charm. I don't mind them at all (especially since let's face it, some of the actors don't quite meet the material either). But I've read that it is going to be released on blu-ray soon, having been completely remastered. It will either look better or worse in hi-def. We'll see!
The Blu-ray is the same version that's been on HBO Max, Vudu, and iTunes. It will just be a higher bitrate than the streaming version. Still, a huge improvement over the original broadcast and early 2000s DVDs.

I’m a little surprised no one’s ever got an edit of DS9 finale, to insert Jadzia in the montage. Maybe throw in more hellish flair in Sisko’s final confrontation with Dukat in the fire cave, to make it more visually grand and epic

Back
Top Bottom