• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fan Edits Wish List

CineSleaze

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just curious- what fan edits do you all want to see / or to make some day?

I'm not sure if I'm interpreting the prompt right. But I'd like to see more fan mixes. (Also honorable mention for special projects.)

I mostly want to see (from others) new ideas I wouldn't have come up with. In addition to how cool it is to see really creative end results, following the thinking that got there is always the inspiring part, for me. So while I have a list of ideas I've come up with, it's not the same as what I want to see or do.

Hard to be any more specific because I don't want to seem like I'm against extended editions, fan fixes, etc. I just think they are more common.

Last edited:
I'd like to see (and also make) more Grindhoused versions.

Had much fun with watching Jaws Sharksploitation and War of the Stars, as well as doing ZSJL edit and I have few ideas already for next edits.

I'm not sure if I'm interpreting the prompt right. But I'd like to see more fan mixes. (Also honorable mention for special projects.)

I mostly want to see (from others) new ideas I wouldn't have come up with. In addition to how cool it is to see really creative end results, following the thinking that got there is always the inspiring part, for me. So while I have a list of ideas I've come up with, it's not the same as what I want to see or do.

Hard to be any more specific because I don't want to seem like I'm against extended editions, fan fixes, etc. I just think they are more common.

Seconded.

I've got a wish list of fan edits as long as your arm, but the majority of them are either virtually impossible or highly impractical for various reasons.

I would like to see more movie franchises turned into series. It’s a fun way to rewatch the movies you love. Or if you just don’t have the time to watch movies all the time, you can throw on a 40ish minute episode each night. I like 007 series that DigModiFication did.
Some other examples
1. Star Wars
2. The Godfathers
3. The MCU
4. Die Hard
5. The Fast Saga (might be cool to do a chronological edit)
6. The DCEU (mainly MOS, BVS, JL, but with a little WW and Aquaman stuff mixed in) Malthus talked about something like this.

I would like to see more movie franchises turned into series. It’s a fun way to rewatch the movies you love. Or if you just don’t have the time to watch movies all the time, you can throw on a 40ish minute episode each night. I like 007 series that DigModiFication did.
Some other examples
1. Star Wars
2. The Godfathers
3. The MCU
4. Die Hard
5. The Fast Saga (might be cool to do a chronological edit)
6. The DCEU (mainly MOS, BVS, JL, but with a little WW and Aquaman stuff mixed in) Malthus talked about something like this.
Makes me think of the Netflix episodic version of The Hateful Eight.

I'd like to see more FanFixes of films that are already good/great and just need a bit of a trim or a few scenes moved around (as opposed to "turd polishing" which dominates fanediting). e.g. Donnie & Lefty, The Last of the Mo'Ricans, Maniac: A Scarface Edit, Groucho Marxist. I don't see much point in trying to "save" terrible films through cutting out stuff, since you can't shoot new scenes or rewrite dialogue. All you can do is minimise how bad it is, and you end up with a mediocre product.
And as addiesin said, more fanMixes, people being creative with different source material. An example of that just released:
Along with pretty much anything JobWillins makes.

I'd also like to see TV-to-film edits, which take an entire season and cut it down to a film. These have gone a bit out of style lately. Shout out to @It'sOnRandom for his Mr White edit. And no one's touched the Sopranos since @Adabisi in 2014, that could do with 1 film per season. I'd definitely like to see a sequel to "The Beast in Me" some day.

There's also a bunch of miniseries that have been released this last decade that have been mostly been untouched by faneditors. A lot of potential here. I know there's at least 1 edit out there of Chernobyl and Band of Brothers.
Some shows and miniseries that could work (but I haven't seen yet): The Terror, Sharp Objects, Narcos, The Leftovers.

Last edited:
A single-film Western Epic cut of Lonesome Dove, with solid pacing and no July/Elmira/Roscoe subplot.

I'd love to see more ambicious projects like Cosmogony and edits that completely transform the original material. I'm also always extremely impressed with editors that create their own vfx shots and scenes.

My wishlist is that I never attempt to do an edit for 2 years plus and have @spence accomplish the goal in less than 2 months again.....:)
There was a lot of planning involved too!

Don't worry, I've got my hands full with Dune and The Stand for the foreseeable future, so unless you're doing one of those you should be safe.

I would like to see a certain editor perform his magic on The Irishman.

I'm looking forward to seeing Wraith do what he did with Split Unbreakable Glass to another fan mix he's been brainstorming.

It would be nice to see ItsonRandom finish his Breaking Bad edits.

I would like to see a couple of awesome Hobbit edits approved by The Academy.

I would also like to see Adywan finish the OT and Frink finish his Ridiculous trilogy.

I would like to see ArtisDead finish Sharper Objects and a couple of others...

I would like to see Natalie Portman call L8wrtr.

Last edited:
I would love to see @RoccondilRinon "The Matrix: Édition Noir et Néon" and @The Scribbling Man "The Thing from 1951" as well as @DigModiFicaTion "Super 8 in the style of Stranger Things" edit.

Oh and I'd very much like to see myself finish off some the various edits that are currently gathering dust:

Valerian: No Love Lost Edition
The Amazing Spider-Man: Radioactive Edition
Underworld: First Blood
Star Wars: Ashes of the Empire
The Wolfman

The list goes on 😭

I would love to see @RoccondilRinon "The Matrix: Édition Noir et Néon" and @The Scribbling Man "The Thing from 1951" as well as @DigModiFicaTion "Super 8 in the style of Stranger Things" edit.

Oh and I'd very much like to see myself finish off some the various edits that are currently gathering dust:

The Wolfman

The list goes on 😭
I would love to see you finish a couple of those, as well...especially, The Wolfman.

Last edited:

The Wolfman

The list goes on 😭

Now that I actually have a computer again I should be able to get back to work in the near future! I look forward to your wolfman and underworld edits.

Back
Top Bottom