• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fan Edits Wish List

Is it possible to make an edit of Road Trip (2000) that minimizes Tom Green's screen time - especially the scenes of him being wacky by himself - to just focus on Josh (Breckin Meyer) trying to save his relationship with Tiffany (Rachel Blanchard) without things feeling disjointed? I'd even potentially get rid of the "here's an interesting story about a friend of mine to spice up this boring-ass college tour" framing device because it feels pretty unnecessary.

Definitely would love to see more bizarre ones in the vain of Lovecraft Actually. I do have some ideas of my own that I'm going to be working on at some point hopefully!

Definitely would love to see more bizarre ones in the vain of Lovecraft Actually. I do have some ideas of my own that I'm going to be working on at some point hopefully!

It never hurts to start with the Stuart Gordon-directed horror films, Re-Animator and From Beyond, if you're gonna play along with some Lovecraft.

It never hurts to start with the Stuart Gordon-directed horror films, Re-Animator and From Beyond, if you're gonna play along with some Lovecraft.
A great idea honestly, definitely going to keep a note of that for the future. My plans kind of fall into the anthology category, so plenty of things to experiment with there!

Just curious- what fan edits do you all want to see / or to make some day?
I see a lot of people making Star Wars edits and I was wondering if someone would try their hand in doing a edit that tells a story of the afterlife…. So all the force ghosts we know that are people that have died would be focused on so like it’s a story of there after life and when they visit people in a force ghost form and talk to them show how they get there just a few examples of what I’m trying to explain

It'd be a long shot, but I'd like to see an edit that switches the order of The Rise of Skywalker and The Last Jedi around. Perhaps the objects the heroes are trying to find are further pieces of the map to Skywalker, and the Last Jedi can serve as the ambiguous finale for the universe. I also feel like switching the order would help Rey and Kylo develop more of a rivalry, and make the characters reaching out to each other a bit more plausible.

Another one that'd be nice to see would be an edit of Falcon and the Winter Soldier where the final battle is Sam Cap beating John Walker rather than the Flag Smashers, but that'd be a difficult task for anyone.

My dream is to one day get my hands on all the assembly cut/ unused/ unfinished/ raw footage from David Ayer's Suicide Squad, just to see if there really was a good movie in there once. Or just to use it as fodder for other fanedits.

Some fan edits I would love more of are:

- condensed Arrowverse. Or a solid movie for Green Arrow based on the first or second seasons.
I'm planning on making a Green Arrow - the Movie based on seasons 1 and 2 to, go along with my DCEU miniseries, with Deathstroke as the main villain and maybe Malcom Merlin as a secondary antagonist.
I'm not sure when I'll start, though. I need to rewatch the first two seasons and make a rough plan for what to include.
I'll probably cut most side character and soap opera stuff, but I want to keep a decent amount of development for the characters I keep.

I'm planning on making a Green Arrow - the Movie based on seasons 1 and 2 to, go along with my DCEU miniseries, with Deathstroke as the main villain and maybe Malcom Merlin as a secondary antagonist.
That's always how I envisioned a condensed Arrow movie. The island plot in seasons 1-2 would make a perfect movie.

I’d love to see someone create a kid-friendly version of the Michael Jordan documentary The Last Dance. As the father of two 10 year old boys, there’s a lot of great motivational life lessons in there, but there’s also a lot of stuff I don’t particularly want them to see or hear quite yet. 🤣

Someone should do a fan edit of Starwars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace. That would be wild.
Know this is a joke, but man I'd love to see a fanedit of George Lucas' Star Wars saga (episode 1-6) where they try to make it a bit closer to George's vision while a bit shaved instead of conforming it to their own little headcanon like 90% of Star Wars edits nowadays.

I’d love to see someone create a kid-friendly version of the Michael Jordan documentary The Last Dance. As the father of two 10 year old boys, there’s a lot of great motivational life lessons in there, but there’s also a lot of stuff I don’t particularly want them to see or hear quite yet. 🤣
Taht was such a great documentary! I got 2 daughters so it’s all cuddly princes stuff for me.

I would love to see a fanedit of "At the Earth's Core" starring Peter Cushing, turning it into the third Milton Subotsky Dr. Who movie. Milton Subotsky did the two 1960's Dalek movies starring Peter Cushing as the Doctor. He also made "At the Earth's Core" starring Peter Cushing and Doug McClure. Interestingly, Doug McClure calls Cushing's character "Doc" throughout the film. If the beginning was trimmed and a matte was created for the TARDIS to replace the Mole at the beginning and end of the film, it would be a proper Doctor Who story on another planet. Just throw opening credits in keeping with the 1960's Dr. Who films, and it would be perfect.

Back
Top Bottom