• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fan Edits Wish List

I think it could be cool to see an edit of Yojimbo but with the score replaced with the soundtrack of a Fistful of Dollars. Might be really powerful. Yojimbo is the better film in my opinion, but Fistful of Dollars does have an amazing soundtrack. And also maybe some extra sound effects of when Yojimbo uses his katana.
In the same vein, I had an idea of using the score from The Magnificent Seven over Kurosawa’s Seven Samurai. I partly shied away from it out of fear there would be some community retaliation lol.

The edit would’ve been titled The Magnificent Seven Samurai

I would like to see ‘Never say never again’ turned into a ‘real‘ Bond film, but that requires changes some of which are impossible (to my knowlegde):
- Replacing all music with John Barry music featuring the James Bond theme
- Adding the barrel gun in the beginning (easy)
- remove song and titles during the openingscene, add suspenseful action music instead
- a descent main title animation after the opening scene (to go with the existing song) as we’re used to see in Bond movies.

These changes would make the film a little less mediocre I think.

it’s nice to dream, isn’t it?

I would like to see ‘Never say never again’ turned into a ‘real‘ Bond film, but that requires changes some of which are impossible (to my knowlegde):
- remove song and titles during the openingscene, add suspenseful action music instead
- a descent main title animation after the opening scene (to go with the existing song) as we’re used to see in Bond movies.

Haven't seen it myself, but this might be of interest.

and it is on my list to do my own take on converting it ...at some point....

Always looking for new and better extended editions of MCU films.

I have neither the patience nor skillz to make my own, but two (actually three) things I'd really love would be:

* A Captain America: The First Avenger EE that only includes the 1940s adventure; plus a companion "one-shot" that includes the present day bits, including the deleted CA scenes from The Avengers.

* A Black Widow EE that includes fancy end-credits and moves the final scene to a mid-credits scene, ideally with a Steve Rogers cameo right at the end.

* A Captain America: The First Avenger EE that only includes the 1940s adventure; plus a companion "one-shot" that includes the present day bits, including the deleted CA scenes from The Avengers.
Some one actually did this on r/fanedits but I don’t think it includes deleted scenes.

Some one actually did this on r/fanedits but I don’t think it includes deleted scenes.

I've seen that one. The 1940s one isn't bad, but not quite fanedit.org quality. The present day "one-shot" is also OK, but doesn't add anything from The Avengers. The fan-editor says he is saving those for his Avengers EE, but I've seen that done before and tbh this is a case where the cuts were justified. The CA deleted scenes are nice and poignant, but they stop the movie cold. That's why I think they'd work better a bit more standalone.

I've got some mostly preservation ideas:

1) The full Smallville Pilot in HD, i.e., including the scenes from the original broadcast that were cut for time in reruns, and are only available in the DVD releases, and as an SD special feature in the Blu-ray set.

2) The Director's Cut of Wolfgang Petersen's Troy, with the theatrical cut's Achilles/Hector duel restored.

3) Terminator 2 - Optimal Edition: basically the Extended Cut, but minus the Kyle Reese dream and the daytime scene of Dyson's family, and with the 3D remastered version's face swap/a deepfake of the Terminator stunt double during the motorcycle canal jump landing.

And I've got an idea for a slimmed-down Return of the Jedi, which starts with a cold open of Vader warning the Death Star officer the Emperor is coming, then goes from a new crawl to the sail barge, and then keeps the rest more or less intact while paring the Ewoks down to a functional minimum. Finally, Vader wouldn't speak once his helmet is removed, and no Force Ghosts would appear at the celebration (and no galactic montage), keeping the focus on the heroes.

And if someone could please do an HD rebuild of my Film World War project, with all its 200 film and TV sources, that'd be swell. 😛 (Oh, and my The Mummy Returns edit, Year of the Scorpion, too.)

Nice, I will check it out. Thanks!
Yes, Never Say McClory Again is a great fanedit... it does have a few problems and I believe it was made from DVD-sourced materials, so the resolution suffers during the early parts where the faneditor "zoomed in" on the action to avoid the credits that are in the original. Other than that, it really does feel like a proper Bond film with the classic Bond music score inserted.

I have a couple of films for which I would LOVE to see Fanedits.

One is the film Super Capers. This film is a Superhero flick which has Adam West, Michael Rooker, and Justin Whalin. The film has a lot of stupid comedic music ques and moronic humor that hides a relatively decent storyline. I'd love to see it trimmed and scored properly. It would still be a comedy, but it could be enjoyable.

Secondly, I would love to see a fanedit of "At the Earth's Core" starring Peter Cushing, turning it into the third Milton Subotsky Dr. Who movie. Milton Subotsky did the two 1960's Dalek movies starring Peter Cushing as the Doctor. He also made "At the Earth's Core" starring Peter Cushing and Doug McClure. Interestingly, Doug McClure calls Cushing's character "Doc" throughout the film. If the beginning was trimmed and a matte was created for the TARDIS to replace the Mole at the beginning and end of the film, it would be a proper Doctor Who story on another planet. Just throw opening credits in keeping with the 1960's Dr. Who films, and it would be perfect.

I'm looking forward to seeing Wraith do what he did with Split Unbreakable Glass to another fan mix he's been brainstorming.

Game Of Thrones

The books focus on a single character each chapter. I've thought about reading them through, just the chapters of the one character through all the books. So all 33 chapters with Arya, or all 33 chapters of Daenerys.

With that in mind, I think it would be interesting to watch the series over again from a single character's sole perspective across the entire series.

So one series with Just the scenes that include Arya and another series of just the scenes with Daenerys, etc...

Have a special that is the series from the perspective of The Wall, or life in a Brothel.

I don't have the tools or skills to do this myself, but would love to watch it.

How about a deep-fake of Danielle Harris in Halloween 6? Preferably the Producer’s Cut.

How about a deep-fake of Danielle Harris in Halloween 6? Preferably the Producer’s Cut.
I'd love to see many movies with deep-fake:

Red Dragony (2002) with de-aged Anthony Hopkins (he's too old and not so intimidating in this film).
Halloween saga with proper Michael's mask (I'm looking at H4, H5 H20)

I would LOVE IT if someone with better skills than I, could take George Reeves Superman and Sky Captain and the world of Tomorrow and make a live action Fleischer style Superman Movie or short!

I'd love to see many movies with deep-fake:

Red Dragony (2002) with de-aged Anthony Hopkins (he's too old and not so intimidating in this film).
Halloween saga with proper Michael's mask (I'm looking at H4, H5 H20)
You're very right about the masks in those films, especially the white pancake in H4 could do with a proper deep-fake. Nothing beats the mask of the original, although I think the one from H6 is rather good as well.

Currently, I have the blu-ray collection for Creature From the Black Lagoon. One thing I had hoped to see is the 3-D version, but alas, it suffers the same fate as most blu-ray 3D titles in that you need all the fancy equipment to make it work, which I don't have. So, blasphemous though it might be, I've been pondering the idea of making a 1080p anaglyphic 3D version of the film for those of us who don't have the luxury (the only requirement you'd need is a cheap pair of red/cyan glasses). I don't have anything that can convert a polarized 3d blu-ray file into an anaglyphic 3d file at the moment, but it would make for an interesting experiment to work on.

I’d sure like to find or hope to see an Edit made, for one of my favorite movies that I always loved for the cars, Gone in 60 Seconds (2000).

I know it’s probably not everyone’s favorite or care for Nick Cage, but it’s a nostalgic one for me.

Back
Top Bottom