• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fan Edits Wish List

I would love to see @RoccondilRinon "The Matrix: Édition Noir et Néon" and @The Scribbling Man "The Thing from 1951" as well as @DigModiFicaTion "Super 8 in the style of Stranger Things" edit.

Oh and I'd very much like to see myself finish off some the various edits that are currently gathering dust:

Valerian: No Love Lost Edition
The Amazing Spider-Man: Radioactive Edition
Underworld: First Blood
Star Wars: Ashes of the Empire
The Wolfman

The list goes on 😭

I want to see my Matrix edit finished, too lol. Haven't been feeling the creativity AT ALL the last year or two, I'm afraid. Thanks for the encouragement!

I really like watching fan mixes the best. Fan fixes are great when they address your own personal vision, but I think most editors have at least somewhat different visions and goals.

Partial list of films I would like to attempt:
- The Dark Knight as a standalone movie with no ties to the other 2 in the trilogy. Maybe it's been done??
- Star Wars Empire and Jedi combined into one, with heavy edits/removal of several scenes, as I described in "Star Wars Overdone?" thread.
- Finish my Quicksilver (Kevin Bacon) edit. There is a good movie in there, but my first draft went too far.
- Combine the two Shadow films: The Shadow Strikes (1938) & International Crime (1939) into one film.

For me :
- Ash vs evil dead edit 3 seasons to 1 feature film, can be 2 or 3 hours
- Titanic 1.30 hr edit
- the thing 1982 and 2011 mix into one film
- Ballistic Ecks versus sever
- The Godfather 2 less than 2 hrs

I'm quite new here so I haven't seen a lot of fan edits, however, some of the ones that have caught my eye are where editors have merged movies together! It seems like a real cool premise! And got me thinking. One of my all time favourite movies in the Descent. Such a great British horror.
In the second one that follows the US ending of the film, the main character suffers with amnesia, and slowly regains her memory.

I think it would be awesome to amalgamate these 2 movies into one, drastically improving the quality of the second one with the greatness of the first! Could be a cool idea and definitely something I would be interested in doing, or seeing someone else do!

I'm quite new here so I haven't seen a lot of fan edits, however, some of the ones that have caught my eye are where editors have merged movies together! It seems like a real cool premise! And got me thinking. One of my all time favourite movies in the Descent. Such a great British horror.
In the second one that follows the US ending of the film, the main character suffers with amnesia, and slowly regains her memory.

I think it would be awesome to amalgamate these 2 movies into one, drastically improving the quality of the second one with the greatness of the first! Could be a cool idea and definitely something I would be interested in doing, or seeing someone else do!
Maniac made an edit called "The Cave" that combines the two.

Don't worry, I've got my hands full with Dune and The Stand for the foreseeable future, so unless you're doing one of those you should be safe.
👀 and now Spence has accomplished these too....

This topic is an interesting one to me. So, I guess I'd better chime in with my own idea.

I've been working on my prequel and sequel trilogy fanedits of Star Wars, and I guess my head's been overflowing with Star Wars, because I think it would be neat if someone took all nine films, and created an edit with three interlocking stories. One story comes from the prequel trilogy, the second from the original, and the third is from the sequel trilogy. And the three stories tie together somehow. The stories might be told linearly or non-linearly. I haven't really worked out the details. I think what I'm getting at is a structure like the kind you can see in films such as Sin City, Dunkirk, Pulp Fiction, The Fountain, or Go. Perhaps someone has already tried this, but I haven't seen a fanedit of that nature yet. Not sure if it would actually be good, but it sounds amazing on paper.

I'd love to see more ambicious projects like Cosmogony and edits that completely transform the original material.

I'd love if someone could find a way to minimize/remove the over-the-top narration in the American dub of the Samurai Pizza Cats anime, to make things less overexplain-y and give the scenes more room to breathe. As far as I know, it's not really possible currently because of the way the audio is mixed.

I keep daydreaming about an edit of Hogan's Heroes, making it more of a limited series and giving the humor more of a subdued, Wes Anderson-type feel.

Another edit I was thinking about was a TV-to-film edit of The Powers of Matthew Star (an 80s sci-fi series co-starring Louis Gossett Jr. that only had one season).

28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later combined as a limited series.

Is there a Scrubs edit that removes J.D.'s inner monologue?

I'd love to see a cut of Terminator Salvation that would change the music and color grading to a tone that resembles the future war as it was depicted in T1/T2. I feel like there's a lot of potential for that.

I'd love to see a cut of Terminator Salvation that would change the music and color grading to a tone that resembles the future war as it was depicted in T1/T2. I feel like there's a lot of potential for that.
Hmm, never considered it before but the free After Effects plugin "Saber" could be used to roto the bullets into lasers.

Hmm, never considered it before but the free After Effects plugin "Saber" could be used to roto the bullets into lasers.
A couple of sfx here, some Brad Fidel there. Color grade those day scenes into night scenes. Cut out the inner Skynet story to keep it mysterious. Could really be something there.

I would personally be more interested in an avant garde edit that focuses on all the similarities between the Terminator films and takes advantage of the differences to weave a tale of a flexible present and alternate possible futures. What a time war would look like from the inside to someone aware of the changes, as if it's all happening together in real time.

I have seen someone do a mashup on YouTube called Future War and that's awesome but different from what I mean. In that edit several Kyle Reese's are simply some other guy, not alternate Kyle Reese's.

I think it could be cool to see an edit of Yojimbo but with the score replaced with the soundtrack of a Fistful of Dollars. Might be really powerful. Yojimbo is the better film in my opinion, but Fistful of Dollars does have an amazing soundtrack. And also maybe some extra sound effects of when Yojimbo uses his katana.

Back
Top Bottom