• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fall of the Jedi (Episode 1)

Oh I know Fry. I should rephrase: I'm going to do the disc for me no matter what, but it's more about whether or not to spend the time compressing, paring, uploading, etc.

Yeah there's no "Compress, PAR, upload for yourself" rule.

Oh, if you're going to do it anyway, it's nice to have it available. But I'd discard branching. As Frink said, it's never seamless. Upload it as a variant, or as "Disc 2" of a 2-Disc set.

Dead horse? Boo-urns!

Q2 said:
I'm looking at doing an alternate cut of FOTJ: Ep1. I was going to do it using seamless branching so that a version would preserve the cut I originally released, but then allow viewers to watch an alternate cut removing all scenes with the Emperor. However, Adobe Encore does not do seamless branching (it does branching fine, but there is a two second pause at each branch). So I'm debating whether or not there is interest in an alternate cut before I spend time building and posting the discs.
I would definitely be interested, because I absolutely hate the obvious fact the chancellor is a sith lord (unless it was his evil twin brother, :lol:). Removing the emperor scenes, although, I would believe disrupt the flow or leave unanswered questions, but I guess I can't assume that till I see it in action.

emanswfan said:
I would definitely be interested, because I absolutely hate the obvious fact the chancellor is a sith lord (unless it was his evil twin brother, :lol:). Removing the emperor scenes, although, I would believe disrupt the flow or leave unanswered questions, but I guess I can't assume that till I see it in action.

Well, removing the Emperor scenes didn't stop the flow. Everything flows smoothly, but my main concern was that people wouldn't realize the Viceroy was being manipulated.

But the more I think about it it actually works well. You have him mentioned by name throughout the episode, as well as the very end you have Yoda and Windu talking about two Siths. He is always there in the shadows but we never see him. The same thing in my version of episode two. He becomes a much more mysterious character until we finally see him in episode 3.

Also, I made a slight change to episode 1, something I wish I had thought of on the initial release. :)

Are there any ways to keep some of the holograms where his back is turned, and maybe even darken the chin in the profile shots. I like the idea of maintaining the manipulation, but it is just so obvious they are the same person.

I know there is one scene where he is on a walking hologram spider thinger, which can probably be saved. And since there is no need to sync the lips...

Also, the Emperor scenes which you do keep could be pushed back towards the end of the movie.

I am a little curious how you will bill this release. Is it the alternate cut, a 2.0, your new definitive version in your trilogy?

Finally, are you steadfast in keeping Anakin grounded? Have you watched any of the edits recently such as l8wrtrs which manage to let him save the day without being a complete klutz?

Yeah, anything that can be done to maintain the surprise about Palpatine would be welcome. I had never even thought that was possible. But I was just watching some Ep. II footage the other night and gritting my teeth again at how stupidly telegraphed the whole thing is.

"Beware Padme, Anakin! She's a politician. No politicians can be trusted."
"But, Master Obi-Wan, not all politicians are bad. For example, what about Villain McObvious? The one that we all know the Dark Side of the Force clings to, but for some reason we don't talk about it? The guy who works more angles than anybody else in the universe? I think he's an example of a great politician!"

Just . . . gaaaaaaah. :)

wabid said:
Finally, are you steadfast in keeping Anakin grounded? Have you watched any of the edits recently such as l8wrtrs which manage to let him save the day without being a complete klutz?

In my opinion, keeping Anakin grounded works fine, just as having him intentionally save the day works fine as well. Each of these approaches works in favor of its faneditor's general plans for the prequels. L8wrtr keeps the prophecy/chosen one/bringing balance to the force stuff, so it's only natural Anakin shows these tremendous abilities way beyond what an untrained kid is capable of. Q2, on the other hand, removed all of the prophecy angle, so Anakin is just a kid, the force may be strong in him but he's ultimately a kid. So keeping him off the space battle makes perfect sense in this version. I don't quite get all the criticism it's receiving.

Dwight Fry said:
In my opinion, keeping Anakin grounded works fine, just as having him intentionally save the day works fine as well. Each of these approaches works in favor of its faneditor's general plans for the prequels. L8wrtr keeps the prophecy/chosen one/bringing balance to the force stuff, so it's only natural Anakin shows these tremendous abilities way beyond what an untrained kid is capable of. Q2, on the other hand, removed all of the prophecy angle, so Anakin is just a kid, the force may be strong in him but he's ultimately a kid. So keeping him off the space battle makes perfect sense in this version. I don't quite get all the criticism it's receiving.

Well put.

Dwight Fry said:

I guess personally it just seems weird and very unstarwarsish to have an unmanned ship fly into space and save the day. Is there ever another instance of a ship in a battle where they don't show in the cockpit?

"What's that, it's blowing up from the inside? We didn't hit it. Look one of ours out of the main hull./hall." Those lines make NO sense. The more I think about it, maybe I am actually asking for those lines to be CUT, and the celebration yeheees be used to show one of them as the pilot who saves the day.

And I dont see how him being strong with the force and a good pilot necessarily is predicated on him being the chosen one. He won a podrace, he can probably fly a ship into space.

wabid said:
I guess personally it just seems weird and very unstarwarsish to have an unmanned ship fly into space and save the day. Is there ever another instance of a ship in a battle where they don't show in the cockpit?

An unmanned ship was not my intention. The way I cut it I tried to imply that the first pilot we cut to as the ship explodes is the one who did it.

Q2 said:
An unmanned ship was not my intention. The way I cut it I tried to imply that the first pilot we cut to as the ship explodes is the one who did it.

As it blows up, the first person it cuts to says "What's that, it's blowing up from the inside."

If that is your intention, I guess the "we didn't hit it" and following confusion makes me picture the pilots as complete idiots who are not talking about what they are doing. If one of their people flew inside the control ship, I would hope they relay their intentions/actions to the others.

I guess I just don't really like the "What's that, it's blowing up from the inside? We didn't hit it. Look one of ours out of the main hul/hall" lines.

I watched it again, and I suppose "look one of ours..." followed by an ecstatic yeheee does makes sense. I just dont understand why he didnt tell the others what he was doing. Oh well, this conversation has run its course. Q2, it makes enough sense, and I retract my grievance.

wabid said:
As it blows up, the first person it cuts to says "What's that, it's blowing up from the inside."

If that is your intention, I guess the "we didn't hit it" and following confusion makes me picture the pilots as complete idiots who are not talking about what they are doing. If one of their people flew inside the control ship, I would hope they relay their intentions/actions to the others.

My bad. THIS guy is who I tried to insinuate did it.

thisguyu.jpg

DominicCobb said:
Have Ric Olie blow it up!

Finally, someone in this thread makes sense ;)

Back
Top Bottom