• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fall of the Jedi (Episode 1)

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
very noss cuvahz.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know this is a long shot, and I honestly don't know if I'm allowed to ask it in the very same thread, but can someone (perhaps Q2 himself) post one of the HD's on a fileserver or torrent?
I'd love to see Q2's trilogy, but I don't use usenet.

BladeRunner391

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
I know this is a long shot, and I honestly don't know if I'm allowed to ask it in the very same thread, but can someone (perhaps Q2 himself) post one of the HD's on a fileserver or torrent?

Is usenet free to use?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:

I have a 720p xVid version on Demonoid. If you have an account there do a search for the title. If you don't have an account PM me.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BladeRunner391 said:
Is usenet free to use?

There are a couple that are free. I'll try to get a guide up tonight.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got the xvid version off demonoid. It's no HD, but I wanted to see how you handled the no-Ani-in-space ending.
All I can say is... it's so simple, yet so damn effective :)

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm happy you liked it. And it is HD… 720p. :)

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hmm...seems quiet here. Well, I watched this on Saturday and it is certainly going to be my favorite version of Ep I unitl Ady gets around to doing the prequels. The cuts were seamless and very effective. The pacing was spot on perfect. It was an odd experience watching it since there was nothing bad to say about the movie anymore. Not exactly OT quality, but there's nothing anyone can do about that (well maybe adywan). I really want to download the BD-25 so I can enjoy the better quality, but I'm still totally confused on this whole usenet thing.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
emanswfan said:
I really want to download the BD-25 so I can listen to the commentary

This has a commentary? I think you may have it confused with Shadow of the Sith.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
emanswfan said:
hmm...seems quiet here. Well, I watched this on Saturday and it is certainly going to be my favorite version of Ep I unitl Ady gets around to doing the prequels. The cuts were seamless and very effective. The pacing was spot on perfect. It was an odd experience watching it since there was nothing bad to say about the movie anymore. Not exactly OT quality, but there's nothing anyone can do about that (well maybe adywan). I really want to download the BD-25 so I can listen to the commentary (and enjoy the better quality), but I'm still totally confused on this whole usenet thing.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm happy you enjoyed it, and look forward to hearing your thoughts on Episode 2 and 3 in the coming months.

When you have a moment please visit the edit page and rate it. Also, if time permits, a short review is always appreciated. It helps people decide whether or not to take the time to watch it.

Dwight Fry said:
This has a commentary? I think you may have it confused with Shadow of the Sith.

I do have a cutlist subtitle feature on mine but not a spoken commentary. Sorry if there was some confusion there. It basically reiterates the cutlist on the edit page, but does it where the cuts happened.

Darth Waller

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been waiting for someone to do justice for the PT. From what I've read, it sounds like you pulled it off. Very much looking forward to these!

jimjimmyjones85

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree. If anyone can make the PT what it could have been it would be you. I cannot wait to see it !

cloud149

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching and wanted to share my thoughts. As someone who hasn't seen the original cut muchi thought the follow two cuts made the movie more confusing. I'm sure you have your reasons for editing them out and I would like to hear them.

• reworked final battle, changes include: no Gungan stupidity, no grapple hooks, and Anakin doesn't accidentally save the day (in fact, Anakin doesn't even go into space)
  • cut Qui-Gon's dying speech to Obi-Wan

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cloud149 said:
reworked final battle, changes include: no Gungan stupidity, no grapple hooks, and Anakin doesn't accidentally save the day (in fact, Anakin doesn't even go into space)

I always hated that Anakin just accidentally saves the day. I went to school in filmmaking and one rule they pounded into us is that the protagonist/hero can't stumble their way through a film accidentally doing things that get them through the film. It's bad writing, bad filmmaking and not very interesting. That's all the final battle with Anakin is. Hide in the ship, its on autopilot to the control ship, Anakin just keeps trying different things accidentally flying into the ship, then accidentally sends off some missiles that just so happen to take out the ship. Its one accident after another. I can suspend my disbelief only so far, and this was just sloppy writing IMO.

cut Qui-Gon's dying speech to Obi-Wan

It's just Qui-Gon saying, "He is the chosen one." After cutting out the prophecy this dying speech just wasn't necessary and that's why I cut it.

cloud149

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I get that on the first one, but it just makes things confusing. I guess without being able to reshoot that might be the best possible alternative, it just jumped out to me in a way that the rest of your edits did not.

Q2 said:
I always hated that Anakin just accidentally saves the day. I went to school in filmmaking and one rule they pounded into us is that the protagonist/hero can't stumble their way through a film accidentally doing things that get them through the film. It's bad writing, bad filmmaking and not very interesting. That's all the final battle with Anakin is. Hide in the ship, its on autopilot to the control ship, Anakin just keeps trying different things accidentally flying into the ship, then accidentally sends off some missiles that just so happen to take out the ship. Its one accident after another. I can suspend my disbelief only so far, and this was just sloppy writing IMO.

It's just Qui-Gon saying, "He is the chosen one." After cutting out the prophecy this dying speech just wasn't necessary and that's why I cut it.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry you don't like the removal of Anakin from the final battle, but it was a creative decision on my part, one I will stand by. Is it possible it jumped out at you because you're just used to having Anakin involved?

Top Bottom