• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fall of the Jedi (Episode 1)

I think removing him from the space battle was the right move personally. I mean, in the original version he's meant to be chock full of force up to his eyeballs, the chosen one, the greatest pilot in the galaxy even when he's just a child and yet everything hinges on him bumbling his way through with lucky mistakes and autopilot. It never sat well with me and I'm pleased it's gone from this version. Within the context of this edit and it's goals I think it's the right choice

I've only been able to skim through this, but I will say how you got Anakin to stay on the planet was awesome :)

The 720p xVid version is now available on MediaFire.

Q2 said:
The 720p xVid version is now available on MediaFire.
I have a free MediaFire account, but I see no way to search for your video. Am I missing something?

I've been following this project for awhile.. Hope to watch this tonight!

mrbenja0618 said:
I've been following this project for awhile.. Hope to watch this tonight!

:pray:

I've been meaning to ask, Q2: I love that music that kicks in about 1:30 in the trailer, but I don't recognize it. I don't think it's from Star Wars. (It's still a great choice, though.) What is it and where is it from?

TomH1138 said:
I've been meaning to ask, Q2: I love that music that kicks in about 1:30 in the trailer, but I don't recognize it. I don't think it's from Star Wars. (It's still a great choice, though.) What is it and where is it from?

It's actually a re-orchestrated piece from Clint Mansell's "Requiem for a Dream". It was used in the "The Two Towers" preview as well as some others.

unfortunately, it's so good it's used everywhere these days.

Well, I hadn't noticed it elsewhere, and I think it's a really great musical choice. :)

emanswfan said:
unfortunately, it's so good it's used everywhere these days.
That didn't stop me from using the Inception trailer music. ;)

For those that have rated and reviewed Fall of the Jedi - Episode 1 PM me if interested in a pre-release version of Episode 2. This will be officially released the first week of July but you can get it a week early. Let me know your preferred version and I'll send you the link. Versions will be the same: DVD (DVD-5), AVCHD (DVD-9), Blu-Ray (BR-25) and 720p xVid.

Q2, I'll admit that I suffered the disappointment of the original Ep 1 only once and have since culled through many fan edits in search of something merely watchable. After viewing several edits, I must say that your take on the film was worth the wait. One cannot reach beyond the source material for new shots and better acting, but I can say that I very much look forward to Ep 2 after last night's viewing. Full review forthcoming.

I'll admit a new search for a good edit came from the "Star Wars That I Used to Know" Gotye parody video on YouTube.

releasedtruth said:
Q2, I'll admit that I suffered the disappointment of the original Ep 1 only once and have since culled through many fan edits in search of something merely watchable. After viewing several edits, I must say that your take on the film was worth the wait. One cannot reach beyond the source material for new shots and better acting, but I can say that I very much look forward to Ep 2 after last night's viewing. Full review forthcoming.

I'll admit a new search for a good edit came from the "Star Wars That I Used to Know" Gotye parody video on YouTube.

Thank you for the comment. I'm happy you enjoyed it. Episode 2 will be up tomorrow so keep an eye out for that.

I'm looking at doing an alternate cut of FOTJ: Ep1. I was going to do it using seamless branching so that a version would preserve the cut I originally released, but then allow viewers to watch an alternate cut removing all scenes with the Emperor. However, Adobe Encore does not do seamless branching (it does branching fine, but there is a two second pause at each branch). So I'm debating whether or not there is interest in an alternate cut before I spend time building and posting the discs.

^ Rule #1.- Edit for yourself. Have you realized you'd like the edit better without Darth Sidious? Do a cut removing him. Do you still prefer him to stay in the movie? I wouldn't bother to make an alternate version just to please others. It's your edit after all. ;-)

Fan made branching is never seamless afaik.

Back
Top Bottom