• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

F*cking bootleggers

Maybe we should send details of the movie (and how it's free) to all of the people that already bought them. :)
That should bring out a few complaints against him.

DoctorM said:
Maybe we should send details of the movie (and how it's free) to all of the people that already bought them. :)
That should bring out a few complaints against him.

sounds like a good idea. i don?t understand, usually this offer won?t be there anymore...

He's is right about SuperHappyFun, they've been around a long time, but most of what they carry you can't find anywhere.
Their prices are also fairly reasonable if they're doing their own transfers.

That said, I wonder if we can send an email as a group from the Fan Edit Forums requesting he withdraw specific titles we feel aren't appropriate.
(In fact the edits I listed earlier seem to be the only ones on his site.)

Wow, that asshat sure is persistant. Keep it up, we'll get him.

no it hasn't. as of 22:14 uk time its still available. or at least the link still goes to an active auction.

EDIT: still no email reply which is promising.

My reply:-

bottom line you are making a profit from someone elses hard work and seriously harming the fanedit community to boot! only reason the fanedit thing hasnt been shut down completely is because noone charges for their edits and maintain that you must own the original film before viewing the edited version. this is to safeguard any faneditor from prosecution from the big film companies. when people start blatently selling them on ebay it makes a mockery of the whole thing.

his reply:

Well, anyone who sells ANYTHING that they themselves did not make is making a profit off of someone elses hard work. It's called Capitalism, and both of our countries flourish because of it. And I, like John Carpenter, am a proud Capitalist. I like making money. I like having money. I like using that money to buy movies and watch them in high definition on my home theater. I like knowing that my hard work can help someone else make money, or shelter their family until they sell the home I built and then they make a huge profit of off my back breaking labor. Or if they buy a designer gown made from workers in a 3rd world country that made 10 cents wage, only to sell it for $5000 on glorious eBay. So be it. I bought my DVD's from superhappyfun.com, and they have been selling these for YEARS. So if you have a problem with them being sold, start there. Then visit the other dozen or so sites that also sell them, and once you have 'fought the good fight' and saved the world from Capitalism, go home to whichever Communist country you prefer and live happily ever after. But as long as you choose to live in a country that thrives on Capitalism, maybe you should get off your high horse and relax. If these people who buy these DVD's, including myself, wanted to go to fanedit and watch it on our tiny computer screens, rather than our big screen HD surround sound wonders, we would! And makes a mokery of it? I am doing exactly what eBay was designed to do: To sell things to someone who doesn't know where else to go to get it and make MONEY. If you don't get that, you have no business even being on eBay lol. I am not going to waste any more time arguing with you. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Either way, it matter's not. When these ones are sold, I am done selling them. Period. The auction only has a few days left, and whatever doesn't sell will be given to some of my fellow Myers fanatics on the forums I frequent as gifts. Good day.
--------

wow this guy must have a phd is missing the point :D you know is it actually possible to have a debate with someone who is clinically stupid?

When I click on the link it says Invalid Item.

Edit* My mistake, I was clicking on the link in the first post of the thread.

ok i bit anyway heres what i said:-

you obviously haven't even bothered to go to fanedit.org and had even the tiniest look around. if you had you would know that all fanedits are fully authored DVD's in DVD quality.

anyway you've agreed to stop selling fanedits (could care less about anything else you do) so thats the best outcome. thank you for deciding to do the right thing and not put any other faneditors in danger of prosecution.

---

im sure he'll have something pithy to say but so what.

Wow, usually this sort of e-mail conversation degrades down to the level of I hatez U fagut lol!

Umm...I think you out to mention at somepoint that all edits can be burnt to a DVD and viewed on a big home theater...

Also remember: "Never argue with an idiot - they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

well another bootlegger down. Good job guys. I just wish we could convert all people selling bootlegs. My goal is for someday people to know that these super rare movies people sell as bootlegs are available elsewhere usually for free and for good quality.

C'mon sellers. edits are made for the love of the movie not the money.

Aztek463 said:
Umm...I think you out to mention at somepoint that all edits can be burnt to a DVD and viewed on a big home theater...

Also remember: "Never argue with an idiot - they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

i kinda did with 'properly authored dvds' which to me would imply that you can burn it straight to a dvd.

Aztek you're so right about arguing with idoits, utterly pointless and extremely frustrating.

I'd had an email conversation with the owner of SuperHappyFun once before about him selling the Phantom Edit and his response was that since no one owns it, he feels he can sell it if he wants. Mind you, this was about a month ago, and I did get him to stop offering Hamlet and Decline of Western Civilization 1 & 2, but he wouldn't relent on selling the fan edits.

What an ass.
BTW, that was a nice "FAN edit" warning screen earlier in this thread - I think I'll use that on one of my edits if I get around to it :)

On every fan edit I make I have a warning screen encoded into the main video itself. This means without a complete recompile and reencode it's impossible to remove.

I can't find fanedits on his page, but if you do, simply tell him that you will report him to the authorities for selling fanedits, if he does not take them down. You can tell him you will also inform the studios, who will sue the hell out of him. And if threatening is not enough, just do it.

I believe the fan edits are in the 'backroom' area.
I can't remember how to get there though.

boon23 said:
I can't find fanedits on his page, but if you do, simply tell him that you will report him to the authorities for selling fanedits, if he does not take them down. You can tell him you will also inform the studios, who will sue the hell out of him. And if threatening is not enough, just do it.

I found them mostly towards the end of his list, but it looks like he's removed them since then - maybe someone finally confronted him about that :)

BTW, does the guy who did the original Phantom Edit post or lurk here?

not that I know of.

Back
Top Bottom