• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Disney buys Lucasfilm!

2017: The Raiders Crusade for the Treasure Temple of the Caribbean. Benjamin Gates and Indiana Jones join forced to hunt for the long lost treasure of Jack Sparrow. Unbeknownst to them, he may still be alive, protecting his booty.

Harrison Ford can take over the Sean Connery role, and Nicholas Cage can be his protege.

nightstalkerpoet said:
Prisoner of Azkaban.

Was the main reason I stopped watching the Harry Potter films. It was just a terrible, terrible movie. I can't help think that there are many Star Wars fans around the world, that would be devastated if anyone involved with Azkaban was involved in continuing the Star Wars saga.

And while I'm at it, although I only had the misfortune to see POTC 1 + 4, I can't see how having anyone involved in that franchise would make most Star wars fans happy either.

Resurrect Irvin Kershner. Bring back Lawrence Kasdan to keep some continuity with the writing and don't let George Lucas anywhere near it. That's a good place to start.

I was serious about Kasdan and Lucas.

Did you see Children of Men? Prisoner of Azkaban is the second highest rated movie in the series btw.

wabid said:
Did you see Children of Men? Prisoner of Azkaban is the second highest rated movie in the series btw.

I did and I hated it. Sorry. I wanted to like it. I have been a fan of Clive Owen since 1991's Close My Eyes. I can't remember all the reasons why I hated it, but I do remember Julianne Moore being one of them. Though that might not have all that much to do with Cuaron's, except that he might not be able to get good performances out of actors or may not know how to make characters less annoying.

Anyway, whatever happens and whoever they get to do it and however it all turns out, I just think that all that will happen is faneditors will spend years trying to fix the films, they way they did with eps 1-3. I just can't go through that again.

Though I take my hat off to all those that have so much hope, for me, it's time to stop watching new stuff and waiting for people to fix it.

Metrostar said:
[Azkaban]Was the main reason I stopped watching the Harry Potter films. It was just a terrible, terrible movie. I can't help think that there are many Star Wars fans around the world, that would be devastated if anyone involved with Azkaban was involved in continuing the Star Wars saga.

Crazy talk. Azkaban set the whole visual tone for all the movies that followed. Maybe you didn't like the story or something? but it was the best directed of all the HP movies.

Children of Men is one of the best under-appreciated movies to come out in the last decade. The end to that movie is a cinematic marvel and as intense intense as any movie moment I can think of.

wabid said:
As for Harry Potter, I think your criticism of Cuaron is unfounded. Prisoner of Azkaban (movie) was released in 2004, and Deathly Hallows (the book) was released in 2007. How was he suppose to know those details were important?

Goblet of Fire HAD been released though, and Order of the Phoenix was released 4 months into production. If Kloves and Cuaron didn't realize it was a good idea to take a little time to brush up on the new facts from OotP (which often features direct correlations to Azkaban) then I have little faith that they would fully explore the nuances of Star Wars. I don't think the EU should factor too heavily, but it would probably help the film if the fanboys get a few choice bones tossed to them.

Sure a director may be changed at any point, but they still have a huge impact while involved - the replacement director is going to be handed a script tainted by the original, with at least a partial cast and crew they may not work well with. I wouldn't understate the director's (any director that touches the film at a point in the game) influence.

Thread moved to Off Topic for three reasons:

1) News article has been written, so it no longer needs to be in the "Submit a News Item" section.
2) Like/Dislike button.
3) I give up trying to get you guys on topic.

Neglify said:
3) I give up trying to get you guys on topic.

Yeah, all this HP talk in a SW thread is like continually finding shit in my clam chowder.

TV's Frink said:
Yeah, all this HP talk in a SW thread is like continually finding shit in my clam chowder.

Still not as funny as your poop64 joke.

Order really was a beautiful, stylistic film with an amazing screenplay, but it expected viewers to read into it a bit more if they hadn't read the books. It was the perfect in between for book fans and people who only watch the films.

As someone who hasn't read the books (and intends to, some day), I found Order terribly confusing. Granted, it's Rowling's longest book, and as someone else noted, it's the only one Steve Kloves didn't write the screenplay for.

It's a shame that Kloves couldn't have written all the screenplays. Even if he couldn't get all the backstory in every film, I think he would have been able to keep things on better track all the way through to the end if he had done them all.

Also, even though we got a double movie for the final book, I think that Order would have benefited the most from being a double movie.

The reason why I tend to blame Yates instead of Michael Goldenberg is that I found HP7-2 to be the second most confusing movie in the series.

2017: The Raiders Crusade for the Treasure Temple of the Caribbean.

There is nothing I don't love about this post. :D

Thread moved to Off Topic

So, um, where are we supposed to go now to talk about Star Wars? Which is the "official" thread? Because there are like 10 threads about Star Wars 7 in the forums, and this is the one I was coming to consistently.

All that being said, I hope that Star Wars gets pushed back a year so that Channing Tatum can have his role expanded.
:D

TomH1138 said:

So, um, where are we supposed to go now to talk about Star Wars? Which is the "official" thread? Because there are like 10 threads about Star Wars 7 in the forums, and this is the one I was coming to consistently.

"Official" Star Wars thread: http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?127-SW-Star-Wars

Thread that primarily discusses Star Wars Episode VII: http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?8405-Star-wars-episode-7-(-)

Thread that was supposed to be for discussing the merger of Lucasfilm and Disney but has become a free-for-all for all things related, semi-related, pseudo-related and alfredo sauce: http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?8403-Disney-buys-Lucasfilm!

Oh and you can also go here to talk about Star Wars at great lengths.

Hee, hee. Them's a lot of threads. :) But thanks for the help, folks!

ugg, love Ford, but we do NOT need to see an old Han Solo (or an old Leia for that matter). If they are going to stick with the character set we have, revolving around Skywalker, I would love to see Mark Hammill involved. An older, wiser Luke could be really cool if handled properly.

Back
Top Bottom