• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Disney buys Lucasfilm!

Ummmmm - STAR WARS: EPISODE 7 feature film targeted for release in 2015.?

Thought this was a joke upon first reading it... but seems to be true!

More star wars movies. there you go...And Lucas will only be creative consultant? count me in.

The bastard (Lucas) has once again weaseled his way under my skin and found a way to get me excited for Star Wars again! Screw you (and thank you!) Uncle George!

Wow that damn mouse is buying everything. They are going to turn into the Microsoft of film company's

After Star Wars 7 they can get started on a reboot of the prequel trilogy.

Ultimately the whole point of this is to see Jar Jar Binks marching down Disney Main Street next to Goofy in the Disney Parade. Now that's what I call a clone war. :oops:

From Adywan on Facebook: It is a dark time for Star Wars fan editors and will most likely be the end of the revisited saga.........

As you have probably heard , Disney have purchased Lucasfilm and the complete Star Wars franchise. Disney are well known for not taking kindly to anyone touching anything they own. So i expect a cease and desist notice any time soon. Hopefully this will not be the case, but it looms a lot closer than when George owned the franchise. This news couldn't have come at a worse time as i am nowhere near finishing the house or even being able to start the workroom thanks to my finances running out due to extra work i have had to do. With Christmas coming up along with the new arrival of my gorgeous grandson on the 27th October, there is no way i can restart work on ESB:R until after Xmas when i have paid off a few of the bills. I'm now preying that the bad news doesn't come my way at any time in the near future, hopefully never.

So i think we may now need to prepare for some bad news :(

Christ.

Helluva day to break that kind of news. They couldn't have sat on it a few more days?!

I think my initial reaction is: oh, man, this is gonna suuuuuck... at least George had the sense to steer clear of post-ROTJ stuff... and I say that as someone who loves the Thrawn trilogy!

Well, they haven't (to my knowledge) want something done about all the Avengers, Thor and Captain America edits, yet, but saying that, Star Wars is a massive franchise, and for Disney to now own it, things might change. Although I hope not.

According to ain it cool news they are targeting a .... 7th Star Wars movie for 2015.........................................................................................................................................................................................

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59381

JetSetWilly said:
Well, they haven't (to my knowledge) want something done about all the Avengers, Thor and Captain America edits, yet, but saying that, Star Wars is a massive franchise, and for Disney to now own it, things might change. Although I hope not.

My thoughts exactly, but if the mouse does flex his muscles thats two huge cinaverses we cant touch. But with the fair use act that we operate on. Can they legally issue a cease and desist order? We technically are within our legal rights to fanedit films as long as we own the source material

re: Adywan: crap! Although, he seems to have gazed so deeply into the Crystal Skull I can't help but wondering if this'll ultimately be good for him.

The date seems a little iffy for such a HUUUUUGE announcement. Really?

If true, this could spell the end of any Star Wars related fan edits:-(

Do we really need an episode 7 taking place after jedi? Conceivably with a recasted cast. I mean do they say screw the books and the cannon universe and start anew or do they do the story lines with han and Leigh's kids?

Could be the worse SW episode yet. But the mouse did well with the marvel properties. Maybe they will do just as good with star wars.

Either that or could get a starwars movie with marvel logo at the start.

Hard to say this early

Honestly, I'm optimistic for Ep 7 because of the Pirates of the Carribean films. Move that to space, you have a (at the very least) decent trilogy that will far bypass the PT.

Back
Top Bottom