• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Disney buys Lucasfilm!

tumblr_m827hkSYa21qfiguuo1_500.gif

ThrowgnCpr said:
love Ford, but we do NOT need to see an old Han Solo

han-solo-2012.jpg

(not made by me, by the way: head is a bit to big, but it adds to the fun of it!)

Wholly F'ing HELL. Looks like Kasdan will write VIII and Kinberg will do IX, I have to say, Disney cannot be accused of being asleep at the wheel on this, AND, picking Kinsberg could be a sign that Matthew Vaughn is on the short list of possible directors (total speculation on my part)

L8: Vaughn would indeed have been a good choice, but he's already said he's not doing it. Still, woo-hoo for Kasdan!

OMG the guy who wrote Mumford, The Bodyguard and Dreamcatcher is writing a new Star Wars film!

Let's not forget when we were exited that Lucas was making more Star Wars films.

CAUTIOUSLY optimistic.

reave said:
Let's not forget when we were exited that Lucas was making more Star Wars films.
CAUTIOUSLY optimistic.

Yeah, even TPM's trailer was kind of awesome...

Well, yeah, reave, the movie could be bad. But what's more scary, the idea of M. Night Shaylaman directing a big franchise picture (which he's done poorly at), or the idea of Lawrence Kasdan writing a Star Wars movie (which he's been good at)?

I'm hoping for a dance scene set to The Temptations.

TomH1138 said:
Well, yeah, reave, the movie could be bad. But what's more scary, the idea of M. Night Shaylaman directing a big franchise picture (which he's done poorly at), or the idea of Lawrence Kasdan writing a Star Wars movie (which he's been good at)?

"Been" being the key word. Obviously he can write a good script, but that doesn't mean he will. It seems that as artists of any craft get older, they start to suck, with only rare exception.

Like I said, I'm cautiously optimistic, and I hope they knock it out of the park.

Sent from my Swatch Phone using Tapatalk. Expect spelling erors.

reave said:
It seems that as artists of any craft get older, they start to suck, with only rare exception.
I hear steroids help.

reave said:
"It seems that as artists of any craft get older, they start to suck, with only rare exception.

Bob Ross says to shut your whore mouth

tumblr_m7mhg89wif1r60hs6o1_400.jpg

reave said:
"Been" being the key word. Obviously he can write a good script, but that doesn't mean he will.

Well, I voiced the same concern when he was just one name being thrown about among many. But now, when he's officially been hired, and his work in Star Wars has been phenomenal . . . well, I wanna celebrate. So stop peeing in my pool, dude! :p LOL.

But, seriously: You noted (probably correctly) that Disney would never let Shaylaman direct because the fan backlash would be so strong. On that same note, if Kasdan turns in a draft and it's horrible, I think they'll bring in another writer to polish it up.

You're entitled to a different opinion on that. I'm just in a snarky mood tonight. :D

If I don't talk to you all before tomorrow is over, have a terrific Thanksgiving!

Back
Top Bottom