• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Classic Movies that could use a fan edit

The problem with editing older movies also comes with the fact that they're so old it sort of feels wrong to tamper with. They're part of ancient history the same way a Rembrandt painting is. I mean Joan d'Arc comes to mind.

The problem with editing older movies also comes with the fact that they're so old it sort of feels wrong to tamper with. They're part of ancient history the same way a Rembrandt painting is. I mean Joan d'Arc comes to mind.
You can always go with the minimalist approach and only make minor trims where it is appropriate to improve pacing....Just saying. Sometimes I run into a scene I really really dislike, that I'd like to delete altogether but I can't because it's crucial to the story so I just look for any useless lines or jokes and cut THEM OUT. This way the scene I dislike is still there, but we get through it a little faster. Less of a garbage scene and improved pacing with simple snip here and snip there....

You can always go with the minimalist approach and only make minor trims where it is appropriate to improve pacing....Just saying. Sometimes I run into a scene I really really dislike, that I'd like to delete altogether but I can't because it's crucial to the story so I just look for any useless lines or jokes and cut THEM OUT. This way the scene I dislike is still there, but we get through it a little faster. Less of a garbage scene and improved pacing with simple snip here and snip there....

Oh they can definitely be improved upon, but it's also a product of it's time, you know? I suppose a birth of a nation is an exeption and free game for anyone to edit, if they can stomach watching it that is. :p

I'd be interested in some edits that fix the motion in really old films like Buster Keaton or Chaplin movies. Those very old silent films that simply move too fast could probably look better slowed down with more fps.

Last edited:
I recently watched the 4K of Casablanca and it looks wonderful.

As for the film itself, i always feel the Bogart & Bergman backstory in Paris could be cut.

I recently watched the 4K of Casablanca and it looks wonderful.

As for the film itself, i always feel the Bogart & Bergman backstory in Paris could be cut.

Adding a little mystery to their past by not having us see it.....interesting idea! It's one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time, but that would be something to see.

Wasn't To Have and Have Not like a quasi-sequel? There was some Bogart movie that I saw mentioned on some Turner Classic Movies clip calling something he did as a somewhat unrelated sequel. I wonder if that mystery film could be fashioned into a sequel itself.

Vanishing Point (1971) is one that I'd like to make an edit of, mainly to cut a lot of the slower parts of the plot, and to focus on Kowalski.

I'll take a look for it!

I know it sounds pretty weird, but what about a fanedit of the 1915 movie The Birth of a Nation, in which the Clan is portrayed as the bad guys they really were (and are).
I think it would be also pretty interesting to see the 1932 Scarface with the soundtrack of the 1983 Al Pacino remake.

It would be cool to hear “Push it to the limit” in a movie, made 91 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom