• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Classic Movies that could use a fan edit

@Dwight Fry Night of the Hunter? Yes please!!
That was the movie i was going to have a go at - Night of the Hunter. I can't remember what it was specifically i intended to do as it has been a while since i watched it but i did put it on my extensive list of films to play around with. I have these ideas whilst i am watching but then never get around to editing them and then forget why i wanted to edit them in the first place - never get old :)
I didn't know you'd seen my Hidden edit
Your've got me thinking - maybe i never did watch your final version - i know i watched a lot of your clips whilst you were going through the process (y)
There is also Billy Batson's Dracula: Restored which does some tightening and tidying on the Browning Dracula and I think might even use some shots from the Spanish version. I don't think anything has been done to the Spanish version on its own though.
Now this is an edit i need to watch once Christmas is out of the way...the kids have Christmas films on repeat at the moment so this will be one for the new year.
@Last Impressions it's funny you mention that particular Christmas Carol because I too was thinking about doing something with it to make it a little less dreary and dark. Not to make it more cheerful, but a little more color would be nice and I contemplated a rescore of some sort. 1984 and 1999 are my favorite ones (outside of the wonderful Muppet version).
:ROFLMAO: i wanna make it more dark - at least up until Scrooge's redemption...maybe i'll go from B&W to colour once scrooge wakes up after his time with the 3rd Ghost. ..he finally see's the light . Wizard of OZ style
Muppets Christmas Carol is on the list to watch this week...i haven't seen it for years.

i wanna make it more dark - at least up until Scrooge's redemption...maybe i'll go from B&W to colour once scrooge wakes up after his time with the 3rd Ghost. ..he finally see's the light . Wizard of OZ style
That's really close to what I did for my edit of the 1951 version (using the colorized print as a source), only I went back and forth:

Black and white from the start up to the point when the Christmas Past flashback starts. Said flashback is all color up to the last shot of it, which slowly fades to black and white to cut to Scrooge waking up. Then cut to color again when we first see the Ghost of Christmas Present, said segment staying in color until it fades to black and white again when we are shown Ignorance and Want. Yet to Come segment is all black and white, and it switches to color again when Scrooge wakes up until the end. Basically black and white for the dark stuff, and color for the happy memories and moments.

About 2 1/2 years ago I made a post about cutting the overlong dance number from Singin' in the Rain. Not a single reply lol. The dance number was there to showcase Gene Kelly and while it is something to behold, it takes you completely out of the story and the plot as it's just literally a random dance break. I eventually did it, but I never ended up releasing it. I think I still have it on MEGA somewhere.

@Last Impressions it's funny you mention that particular Christmas Carol because I too was thinking about doing something with it to make it a little less dreary and dark. Not to make it more cheerful, but a little more color would be nice and I contemplated a rescore of some sort. 1984 and 1999 are my favorite ones (outside of the wonderful Muppet version).

I'm really thinking hard about cleaning up The Guns of Navarone as it was almost as fun as Where Eagles Dare.
Those are my top 3 versions of Christmas Carol. I'd love to see any edit you came up with.

I've an edit of that too... ;) many would call that sacrilege 😁
Oh really? < checks IFDB > Ahhh...

About 2 1/2 years ago I made a post about cutting the overlong dance number from Singin' in the Rain. Not a single reply lol. The dance number was there to showcase Gene Kelly and while it is something to behold, it takes you completely out of the story and the plot as it's just literally a random dance break. I eventually did it, but I never ended up releasing it. I think I still have it on MEGA somewhere.

Peeps should make the edits they want to make, and not let the perceived response determine what they pursue. Apart from Source Code: Version 1.2 and Gill-man, my edits get little to no traction at all when they drop. But for myself and the handful of people that occasionally take an interest, I consider it worth it.

There may be a certain type of person that likes edits of old movies, and it's entirely possible that that certain type of person doesn't hang around here because no one makes edits of old movies.

It's a pretty light edit. I love the movie to bits.

Those are my top 3 versions of Christmas Carol. I'd love to see any edit you came up with.

Im on this link also ...this edit will be watched after a rewatch of the original this week (y)
Peeps should make the edits they want to make, and not let the perceived response determine what they pursue. Apart from Source Code: Version 1.2 and Gill-man, my edits get little to no traction at all when they drop. But for myself and the handful of people that occasionally take an interest, I consider it worth it.

There may be a certain type of person that likes edits of old movies, and it's entirely possible that that certain type of person doesn't hang around here because no one makes edits of old movies.
My sentiments exactly...my projects will always have a sort of selfish element to them but if others enjoy them then all the better. However, i do have a few ideas in mind for projects of films that i do not necessarily enjoy but i would like to practice rescoring and editing skills in order to change the atmosphere or dynamic of a film...just to see if the changes work for better or worse.

"overlong" in an MGM Musical....!!!!!!!!!

I've thought of extending them all...Can't get enough ...maybe an MGM MASHUP!!!!

"overlong" in an MGM Musical....!!!!!!!!!

I've thought of extending them all...Can't get enough ...maybe an MGM MASHUP!!!!
13 minutes.....they literally stopped everything for a 13 minute dance sequence. I understand that it was a "wow" factor at the time, but 13 minutes?

^^ while I didn't dig it much, and I don't like musicals much, I admire the balls of it.

I have a habit of taking out dance and music from films :) I did think of taking the musical element out of Albert Finney's Scrooge as i quite like his performance but the last 10 minutes make it impossible. Also Anna and the Apocalypse...take out the musical part and make a short using Christmas Rock and Heavy metal music.

I have a habit of taking out dance and music from films :) I did think of taking the musical element out of Albert Finney's Scrooge as i quite like his performance but the last 10 minutes make it impossible. Also Anna and the Apocalypse...take out the musical part and make a short using Christmas Rock and Heavy metal music.

I've wondered about if Finney's Scrooge could do without the music! There are some good to whacky songs in that movie lol.

Man, would you HATE An American in Paris!
Oddly enough that one didn't bother me nearly as much! I probably sound like some uncultured swine now because of that damn sequence in Singin' in the Rain.

^^^
340fe4cb-1010-4c41-9d79-9d677c5198da_text.gif

Man, would you HATE An American in Paris!
I'll see your An American in Paris and raise you....Invitation to the Dance (but that Animation section is tremendous even by today's standards)...

Yup! The review was removed because it ripped into him for tampering with a classic and he gave Ranger all one stars or something to that effect.
Yup lol , not sure how you remember this but that's exactly what happened! Was not my intention at all to remove stuff for any reason other than pacing.

Back
Top Bottom