• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

bionicbob said:
Though based on some of the pics released today, close ups of the Winter Soldier sans make-up, it is pretty obvious who he is.... The publicity department should have kept it under wraps longer. But I guess if you read Marvel comics, everyone already knows who he is.... and I suppose the bigger and more important part of the story is HOW he became the Winter Soldier.

Either way, I am extremely excited for this movie!

Silence mortals!

Some of us are comic book fans that don't really read Marvel comics but love the movie series anyway... and like The Cap mostly because of the 1990 film and the pair of socks and matching mug our mums bought us! :lol:.

It would be a frankly astonishing experience to go into a modern movie without having the entire plot spoiled by the marketing department beforehand ;-). So far I know very little about this sequel's story and I hope to keep it that way.

Don't tell me! Is it Khan?!

I must admit that I'm looking forward to this movie, and that says a lot. You see, I was dead-set against the whole "frozen alive" storyline from the beginning, and even now, would still prefer that they had left Captain America in the 1940s, at the very least for the entire first movie, and preferably the sequels as well. I was strongly considering skipping the sequel (although I did enjoy "The Avengers"), because a Captain America movie set in the modern day loses a lot of the appeal to me. The 1940s setting of "Captain America: The First Avenger" is a big part of what I love about it.

So it actually means quite a bit when I say that at this point, based on the two trailers, I'm more or less sold on "Captain America: The Winter Soldier". I like what the storyline seems to be shaping up to be about
(Cap discovering that S.H.I.E.L.D. is corrupt and going rogue to fight them.)
I also like the idea of Cap eschewing his new S.H.I.E.L.D.-issued uniform (which I don't care for), and putting his WWII uniform back on, as if to say, "I'm Captain America, not Steve Rogers, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.!", which it appears will be happening.

I hope they use Alan Silvestri's Captain America theme. Henry Jackman has said that his musical score will be "not particularly orchestral", and many have commented that a darker score would fit the darker tone of the movie. But a big part of Captain America as a character is that he doesn't change to fit in. He's always true to what he is and what he believes in, no matter what others think. He's Captain America, and if you can't deal with that, that's your tough luck. The world may have changed but he hasn't. So I think that he should still have the same brassy, heroic theme.

If Captain America gives this speech in the movie, I will probably jump out of my chair with delight:

CaptainAmericaNoYouMove_zps8b9bcb30.jpg

In other Marvel-centric news, there's a lot of buzz that that latest one-shot...

Indeed confirms that there is a real Mandarin and a real Ten Rings organization; the imposter just stole his alias and M.O. And they are unhappy with this.

matrixgrindhouse said:
In other Marvel-centric news, there's a lot of buzz that that latest one-shot...

Indeed confirms that there is a real Mandarin and a real Ten Rings organization; the imposter just stole his alias and M.O. And they are unhappy with this.

I heard that too. Hope it can be used to fan-fix IM3.

There's a good amount of new footage in this new TV spot:

It's far too long to be used in IM3. At best, the second half can be trimmed a bit as a prologue to a hypothetical IM4 starring Don Cheadle (because I don't think RDJ's coming back).

Nic said:
It's far too long to be used in IM3. At best, the second half can be trimmed a bit as a prologue to a hypothetical IM4 starring Don Cheadle (because I don't think RDJ's coming back).

What makes you say that? RDJ I thought was confirmed for Avenger's 2, so they could easily bring him back for IM 3 or do you think he has just gotten bored of the project?

RDJ has said that he feels that he's starting to get a little too old to keep playing Iron Man. (Gwyneth Paltrow has expressed a similar sentiment regarding Pepper Potts). He is under contract to play Iron Man in "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" and the untitled third Avengers movie, but reportedly will not be coming back for any more standalone Iron Man movies. Kevin Feige has said that they might make more Iron Man movies farther down the line, but that they would probably be recasted without rebooting the franchise, ala James Bond.

njvc said:
First 10 minutes of the movie is online:

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/captain-america-the-winter-soldier/first-10-minutes

Looks pretty great if you ask me! Looking forward to this one.

It speaks well of the film to open with a well shot and well written dialogue scene all about character (With the exposition almost invisible)... plus the action in the second half kicked ass too. Good characters, good script, good direction, what could go wrong?

Anybody else freeze frame the Cap's note pad? ;-)

tumblr_n2jvl1DCR51rztbmoo3_500.png

It would appear that Cap is a Treckie

njvc said:
It would appear that Cap is a Treckie
That list he's making is of things he needs to catch up on, due his being frozen for the last 70 years. So he doesn't yet know whether or not he likes Star Trek.

He crossed out Star Wars, see?

njvc said:
He crossed out Star Wars, see?
That probably means that he's seen it now, and thus crossed it off his list.

On the subject of Steve's Star Trek note...

It would be quite odd for a man from the past to view a TV show from his future, from the past of his present, that is imagining the future and in the case of something like 'Space Seed' also imagining the immediate past of his present which was also his distant future when it was his past but also the distant past of the TV show itself.

13265481905_66eb74bcf2.jpg

Georges Saint Pierre! Nice to see all these MMA stars getting into film although I'm betting most of them are crap actors.

Back
Top Bottom