• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I wasn't saying that the film suggested that Nazis really ran the government, just that I thought that I was afraid actual conspiracy would take that part of the film as gospel. Also, I said "a big part of the government," not the entire government, 'cause even though SHIELD was international, it still started in America. Still I could've been clear in my original post, since I somewhat forgot about the most likely not HYDRA-run hearing about Black Widow at the end, and the Hellicarriers targeting the president was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it-moment. Hopefully, repeated viewings will burn that paranoia away. I'm just really excited that Scarlet Witch and QUICKSILVER's first appearances! Called it! Suck it, FOX!

Also, now that
Maria Hill is working for Stark Industries
, I totally want a one-shot of her, Pepper, Jane, and Darcy having a girl's day out. Who's with me?! :D

Really fun movie with some genuine surprises, I highly recommend it!

It would have been nifty if there was a scene of The Cap catching up on the news and he watched a bit of this 1961 speech by Eisenhower...

...it would have fed nicely into the movies themes.

Wow, that film really exceeded my expectations A LOT! One thing that I liked so much, was the pacing. It never bogged down, but never felt rushed to me. Perfection. And wow, the FX blew my mind, they looked so stunning. Seriously, this movie was much better than The Avengers, IMHO, and eons better than IM3 and Thor 2. I think this film actually has made me understand people's more critical opinions a lot more on those two films.

Seriously, what is Avengers: Age Of Ultron going to be like?!

Just saw it and LOVED it!

I think it is by far the best of all the Marvel sequels. Chris Evans really captured Cap's voice with this outing. Hard to believe I originally doubted his casting all those years ago (the Human Torch as Cap?!?!??? LOL!) I think this movie in particular, more so than Cap 1 or Avengers, really demonstrated Cap's unflinching moral compass and why he is the one true Super-soldier.

Black Widow was freaking amazing! Stole almost every scene. Loved this interpretation of Falcon, though I sort of wished his suit had paid more homage to the original comic design. Winter Soldier was perfectly executed.

Some great surprises, which I will not spoil here. The 2 post-credit scenes were great, really psyched me up for Avengers 2 and Cap 3!!!

Lots of nice nods to many of various compromised SHIELD/government stories that have appeared in the Cap comics over the decades. I almost wondered if they were going to go as far the classic Serpent Society storyline? But I think that would have been too much.... heck it was too much back in the 1970s and was altered by Marvel... lol!

Another hilarious Stan Lee cameo!

Now to watched Agents of SHIELD next week and see how this affects the direction of the show.:)

Saw it again this afternoon. Enjoyed it much more the 2nd time around, but it was almost ruined for me because of an unadvertised pre-show involving my college's military students actually setting up the flags, a rendition of the Star Spangled Banner, a pantomiming of the events of Captain America 1 that went on for like 10 minutes (and a quick recap of avengers consisting of only Cap, Thor and Iron Man which resulted in Cap flying on Falcon's back at the end, because that totally happened in the movie), reenacting the Star Spangled Man bit from the 1st only without the dancer girls and replacing Hitler with Red Skull, and then finally a youtube montage set to America the Beautiful. And this went on for 45 MINUTES! I really don't know if it was worth saving the extra $9 I would've had to paid to see it in the other theater outside of town.

So, this might be an unpopular opinion: If they are going to make a Ms. Marvel movie, can we just make Maria Hill Ms. Marvel? I know, canon and source material and whatnot, but I wouldn't be positing this if it weren't for Cobie Smulders as Hill. She was supposed to be Wonder Woman in a Joss Whedon film that never got off the ground, she's already played a character that we've seen before, she's not THAT different from where Carol Danvers was before the Mar-Vell incident (since the organization SWORD is tied up with X-Men, I imagine Danvers would've been a SHIELD agent), and I just REALLY want to see Ms. Smulders play a superheroine, dangit.
Seriously, Fox, ball's in your court.

Nic said:
http://t.co/gDKMoFzagh

Marvel has balls made out of adamantium coated in vibranium.

However between the two films, I see people will go see Captain America 3 first then Batman vs Superman second. Why? Because of the impressive brand recognition for one. And also because of he fact that Marvel has a much stronger track record than WB/DC as of late.

Nic said:
http://t.co/gDKMoFzagh

Marvel has balls made out of adamantium coated in vibranium.

It might help that everybody is now expecting CA3 to be awesome, while 'Batman vs Superman' sounds like a train wreck. But still I'd be amazed if DC didn't out perform Marvel on this one. However I'd be equally amazed if CA3 wasn't a better film.

DC will change the date of their film. No doubt about that.

Great movie. The action, plot, humor, universe references - everything worked exceptionally well. I was surprised to how well this worked as a sequel to The First Avenger. They did a terrific job of connecting the films. Easily my second favorite entry in the MCU behind The Avengers. I'm really looking forward to seeing this story's impact on future movies and Agents of SHIELD. Good stuff.

I absolutely LOVED this film. Chris Evans(and Cap) make me want to stand up and cheer!

This is why Cap2 rocks...

5341d1cb74aafd2e55caaaa6_wintersoldier-2.gif

Even slowed down frame-by-frame the action is still amazing.

Went to see this today, and it absolutely rocked! Way better than The First Avenger, this scored high in all the right places (including Scarlett Johanssen and the bird who said she was assigned to protect Cap. She tasty :D)

TM2YC said:
This is why Cap2 rocks...

5341d1cb74aafd2e55caaaa6_wintersoldier-2.gif

Even slowed down frame-by-frame the action is still amazing.

It looks alright I guess. But those guys keep doing the same move over and over again, yeah maybe its just a dumb action movie, but COME ON! I hope the whole movie isn't like that.

By now, "Captain America" over there should have figured out how to take the knife whilst in mid-air and then do his thing, but he just keeps dodging the arm/knife the same way over and over again, its almost like they looped the shot!

Rogue-theX said:
It looks alright I guess. But those guys keep doing the same move over and over again, yeah maybe its just a dumb action movie, but COME ON! I hope the whole movie isn't like that.

By now, "Captain America" over there should have figured out how to take the knife whilst in mid-air and then do his thing, but he just keeps dodging the arm/knife the same way over and over again, its almost like they looped the shot!

He missed a lot while he was frozen. He never played Resident Evil 4 - figuring out QTEs on the fly can be challenging.

I liked it overall, but was very annoyed by the superfast cutting and shaky cams, even in some of the quieter scenes. Sure, Thor 1 had its Dutch angles everywhere, but this was the first MCU movie that had anything near Quantum of Solace-like epilepsy editing. Because of that, I can't go any higher than a

B.

Definitely not as good as IM3 or Thor 2.

Gaith said:
Definitely not as good as IM3 or Thor 2.

WOW!??? Really?

Completely disagree with you on this one my friend Gaith. I think this is by far the BEST Marvel sequel of the bunch. Great characters, best use of the expanding Marvel Cinemaverse, solid story and action.

But I wholly admit, I may be biased, as Cap is my fave hero of the big Marvel Three and First Avenger was probably my favorite of the debut movies too. ;-)

I almost jumped out of my seat when Cap threw his shield through the window at Baltrok! I agree the shaky-cam was a bit much at first, but it seemed less noticeable as the film went on.

Back
Top Bottom