• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

BD Vs HD-DVD

Which is better?

• I own a BD player.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I own an HD-DVD player.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I own BOTH formats!

• I hate them all.

• I don't own an HD format, but if I did it would be BD.

• I don't own an HD format, but if I did it would be HD-DVD.

• I don't own an HD format, I'm waiting to see which prevails.

• I don't own either but I'd probably buy both when the time comes.

• I'm an undecided patron.

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
first i thought "holy mother of the cow shit!!!" - after a few seconds i just went "eeh. what the hell"...

8)

yeah, sacrificing yourself to the elder gods is so passe these days.

not a Lovecraft fan then AvP?

havnt a clue what your talking about

but, but, but i can prove it to three decimals places!! look i've got this pie chart and computer and everything...

oops, no wait, that would be me.

Has anybody heard from Daniel lately. Come on he was fighting a war that was already decided Sony or Toshiba DUH!!!!!!!!

So what's nOmArch's gaming entertainment system of choice???????????

sorry mate, i dont own one yet, but im a Wii guy all the way im afraid to say.

nOmArch said:
My prob w/ Nintendo is they could have had a role in the orig PS and they pulled out last minute which ended in the disasterous NES64 cartridge wtf

bitsbubba said:
nOmArch said:
My prob w/ Nintendo is they could have had a role in the orig PS and they pulled out last minute which ended in the disasterous NES64 cartridge wtf
Now they're going with the flow of all disk format, but still not up to par w/ the rest

Perfect Dark looks infinitely better than any Playstation game, and it loads faster due to the cartridge format. Those who think it was the bane of the N64's existence are either hooked on grinding in RPGs or haven't thought about how little difference it made.

Almost all of the N64 games hold up today. The Playstation library is almost entirely forgotten. The only one I can even name is Metal Gear Solid, and I've never liked that series at all.

But how did this topic get onto the other topic? Is it because the Playstation 3 is Blu-Ray capable? I still wouldn't buy it for that. There are no games to speak of on the PS3 that aren't already on the Xbox 360 with better color (almost all PS3 ports have been washed out so far) and any digital Sony product is guaranteed to break within five years anyway. You'd be better off buying a single $600 Blu-Ray player than two $400 PS3s over the next decade.

The Sony brand name meant quality in the analog era. No more. I even bought a stack of DVD+Rs of their brand recently (they were on a super sale - 100 disks for $20; I figure even if I get half coasters it's cheaper than a high quality 50 pack by another $10 - only one of ten so far) and almost all of them have chipped out pieces all over the edges! =O

I have neither an HD nor a BR player, and until everything is cracked and the discs are recordable and whatnot, I have no plans to buy either. Standard DVDs on my upconverting DVD player look juuuussssst fine on my 46" LCD, thank you very much.

(Then again, I'm old enough to remember owning a black and white television and the days when there were only four channels to pick from.)

As for gaming consoles, my Wii began to bore me after a month because all the games that weren't Wii Sports or Zelda sucked so very badly. So I grabbed a 360, which so far has been fine, nothing spectacular. (If only Sony had move a little faster with that last price drop, they coulda had me. I'd'a been willing to put up with a scarcity of games to get the BR capability for essentially free.)

and any digital Sony product is guaranteed to break within five years anyway.

As opposed to Microsoft products ... and Samsung products ... Panasonics ... Toshibas ... I've had all sorts go south on me.

It's a cliche, but it's truer now than it ever was: They simply DON'T make them like they use to.

Until about 2001 I had the original VHS my folks bought in 1986 (can't remember the brand). It still worked as well as it ever did until about the last year or so, when the heads or something started to distort the sound.

Fifteen years!

I'd like to see some of the spit and glue models they make now go half that long. It weighed easily as much as any five VHS or DVD machines together would weigh now. It's construction and materials were truly hard core.

Back
Top Bottom