• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

This clip from 12 years ago became insanely relevant all of a sudden...
Ben Affleck is a f**kin' Prophet! :p

Given how Ben Affleck has played Daredevil, Superman (technically), and now Batman, who expects the Justice League movie to look something like this?

images

really really well written article! thanks for posting it!

Accepting the role of Batman almost certainly means Ben Affleck will have a hand in developing the Batman character and maybe even writing some of the screenplay forBatman vs. Superman, and he’ll probably be the new director for the Batman solo franchise.

that's pretty much the coolest point the article raises imo. An Affleck directed Batman thriller would be awesome. And I seriously hope that Affleck writes the screenplay with Goyer so that the script gets away from the Goyer/Snyder fanboy territory and moves back into more logical territory

What do you mean by "logical" territory? Story structure?

Nic said:
What do you mean by "logical" territory? Story structure?

yeah, affleck's scripts usually are very tight and I think Man of Steel's biggest weakness was that the script could have benefitted from someone else coming to goyer and snyder, picking up their idea and streamlining it and make it more consistent character and storywise

Sunarep said:
yeah, affleck's scripts usually are very tight and I think Man of Steel's biggest weakness was that the script could have benefitted from someone else coming to goyer and snyder, picking up their idea and streamlining it and make it more consistent character and storywise

If they want to try and really solidify Superman as a symbol of hope and positive change, there's one scene that I really want in this movie that I don't think will make it. Superman and Batman (Batman is wearing the classic black outfit) are fighting/in disagreement with each other, when trouble goes down and they both try to help. A family is in danger, the duo stop the mugging, but Batman is scaring the kid, whom is calmed down by Superman. Superman then basically tells Batman "I thought you dressed like that to scare criminals," and the next time Batman is on scene, he's in a gray and dark blue outfit (like from Batman the Animated Series).

Nic said:
Superman: Birthright

One of the best Superman origin stories out there. Notable aspects I immensely enjoyed were the increasd roles of Lara-El and Martha Kent, Superman becoming a hero because he wants to be a hero rather than anyone telling him of his great importance (no influence from Johnathan Kent or Jor-El), and giving plausible explanations for both the Clark Kent disguise and why Lex would not equate Superman and Clark ESPECIALLY since they were childhood friends.

Lex Luthor: Man of Steel

Admittedly, I'm cheating as I've not read it yet, but I do own it and the premise is so good I pretty much have to. It's set in the mainstream DC universe and told from the POV of Lex Luthor, with the goal of showcasing Luthor's more humanist traits.
These two comic book stories listed by you over here http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showt...ook-Story-Recommendations&p=197627#post197627 really solidified my thoughts on where things should be going with the sequel. Zack Snyder, if you are out there creeping, read this shit.

Even though it wasn't a terribly popular theme in Man of Steel, they really need to keep playing on the theme of, can we really trust this alien superman?

The story should go along the lines of:

Lex is a well respected human leader who heads up the anti-alien "racist" camp. Of course Bruce Wayne is also a giant in corporate America and a man of great influence like Lex. It makes sense that Lex would try to recruit Bruce into his camp. Bruce initially remains neutral but has some serious reservations about trusting Superman and is pretty pro-humanist himself. Wayne Enterprises does business with Lexcorp. Batman has some sort of awesome confrontation with Superman because Lex frames Superman for some shit that results in many human casualties, but being the good detective, he figures out that Lex is behind it and they work together to take him down. In the process Batman overcomes some of his racist feelings toward Superman. The damage to Superman's public image, however, has been done. Although Lex's plan is thwarted and he faces a legal hearing, in the end he laughs in Superman's face and tries to frame his defeat as a victory in the war for public support. Ultimately the public remains very divided on their opinions of Superman until the 3rd movie when the hero emerges and saves planet Earth in glorious Superman fashion and kids all want to be him.

I've not read this book either, but there's a story called Superman: Secret Origin where supposedly Lex has a "Luthor Lottery" where for one day a random Metropolian will get his money. I didn't read anything after that, but the idea alone sounds like it could fit into MoS2 as a ploy for Lex to earn the people's trust in addition to rebuilding Metropolis. I'm also real glad you enjoyed Birthright.
If they do end up using Kryptonite, it should be the way it was used in that story, only one piece, milked for all its worth.

I have never seen this conversation in the comics, but I can imagine a great bit of dialogue where Lex goes so far as to glorify Batman for his human ingenuity, which feeds Batman's ego until Bruce learns the truth. There could be a bit of a Harvey Dent type of thing here where Bruce wants to believe in Lex and is crushed when he finds out the truth that Lex has manipulated everyone and has no limits to what he won't do.

Lex needs to be very diabolical and smart, Emperor Palpatine style. I hope they have some smart writers on this project!

geminigod said:
I have never seen this conversation in the comics, but I can imagine a great bit of dialogue where Lex goes so far as to glorify Batman for his human ingenuity, which feeds Batman's ego until Bruce learns the truth. There could be a bit of a Harvey Dent type of thing here where Bruce wants to believe in Lex and is crushed when he finds out the truth that Lex has manipulated everyone and has no limits to what he won't do.

Lex needs to be very diabolical and smart, Emperor Palpatine style. I hope they have some smart writers on this project!

You know what's funny? I once toyed with the idea of Luthor being a sort of Batman enthusiast because Batman was the pinnacle of human intelligence and physical capability, but then I realized that thought might be muddled because (in certain continuities) Lex was a self-made man, whereas Bruce Wayne had everything handed to him. In fact, that could be a subtle character motivation Lex has for manipulating Bruce out of spite.

Also, why not get the army in on some of this action? Lois's dad is a general, Luthor could be making weapons for the army to deal with potential threats, I'm just throwing stuff out there.

Sigh.
BSjQnXKCcAIq7oM.jpg:large

Not to say it isn't well done, I just wish it didn't look so dour/gray.

Nic said:
You know what's funny? I once toyed with the idea of Luthor being a sort of Batman enthusiast because Batman was the pinnacle of human intelligence and physical capability, but then I realized that thought might be muddled because (in certain continuities) Lex was a self-made man, whereas Bruce Wayne had everything handed to him. In fact, that could be a subtle character motivation Lex has for manipulating Bruce out of spite.

Also, why not get the army in on some of this action? Lois's dad is a general, Luthor could be making weapons for the army to deal with potential threats, I'm just throwing stuff out there.

I think it could make for an interesting character dynamic, Lex Luthor likes Clark Kent and is friendly to him, despises Superman and Bruce Wayne for having everything handed to them and completely admires Batman for being a pinnacle of Humanity without ever realising that the people he hates/likes/admires are all one and the same.
Nic said:
Sigh.
BSjQnXKCcAIq7oM.jpg:large

Not to say it isn't well done, I just wish it didn't look so dour/gray.

Ugh. They look like villains. Superman is meant to be bright and light, it seems though that someone leant on the dimmer switch and used the energy saving lightbulbs.

Nic said:
If they want to try and really solidify Superman as a symbol of hope and positive change, there's one scene that I really want in this movie that I don't think will make it. Superman and Batman (Batman is wearing the classic black outfit) are fighting/in disagreement with each other, when trouble goes down and they both try to help. A family is in danger, the duo stop the mugging, but Batman is scaring the kid, whom is calmed down by Superman. Superman then basically tells Batman "I thought you dressed like that to scare criminals," and the next time Batman is on scene, he's in a gray and dark blue outfit (like from Batman the Animated Series).

This happened almost beat-for-beat in the animated film Justice League: A New Frontier.

Exactly my point. It's such a good moment, I want to see it in live-action.

Nic said:
Exactly my point. It's such a good moment, I want to see it in live-action.
Fair enough. It does make a lot of sense, especially given the transition from Dark Knight to Ward Hoarder lol.

Just wanted to make sure you knew that what you wanted existed out there in at least some form. :)

Back
Top Bottom