• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Affleck's directing Live by Night ​for 2015. I don't think he's interested in directing blockbusters, at least not at this part in his career.

Neglify said:
Domestic grosses for Affleck's 3 directorial efforts combined: $248.5 million (approx.)

Domestic gross for Man of Steel: $289.8 million (approx)

average rottentomatoes of movies directed:

Snyder: 54% (6 movies)
Affleck: 94% (3 movies)

:p

Penis size:

Ben-Affleck-via-AFP-615x345.jpg

Man-of-Steel-director-Zac-026.jpg

TomH1138 said:
Also, the Internet has been ragging on Christian Bale for 8 years for doing that scratchy, raspy voice (which, BTW, makes perfect sense. Why wouldn't Bruce disguise his voice so people couldn't automatically recognize it)? So people made fun of him for 8 years, and now suddenly he's the master thespian, the best person to ever play the role, and no one can ever top him, ever. Huh?

Nope, he still sucks as Batman.

seciors said:
I distinctly remember being in the movie theater, and when they showed the Batman trailer that revealed Michael Keaton as Batman the entire theater broke out laughing. Seriously, everyone thought it was a joke!

Ha! That's fascinating. I saw the preview on TV, and I was mesmerized. But I could see that happening.

I wonder: Since the only previous live-action Batman was Adam West, and now it was Mr. Mom, maybe the audience thought it was supposed to be a comedy?

seciors said:
Basically with Batman, he just needs to make a convincing Bruce Wayne; and I do think that is within Affleck's range. once he puts on the suit, there's plenty that can be done via Hollywood magic to make a convincing and menacing batman, that has nothing to do with the actual actor underneath it.

Yes! Thank you! That is pretty much word for word what I was going to say. Affleck could totally be a billionaire playboy, and Batman is...well, Batman!

TV's Frink said:
Nope, he still sucks as Batman.

I stand corrected. There has never been any good Batman anywhere, ever. :p

I think what this whole fallout really proves is that comic book readers should never go see comic book movies. They're always going to be angry, no matter who's cast in the role. Bill Watterston refused to let anyone adapt Calvin and Hobbes for film, and this is why. No Calvin or Hobbes will ever be as good as the ones in our imaginations. And no Batman will ever live up to the ones in our minds that we've been reading for all these years.

I'm not a comic book reader. I pretty much dislike or meh every comic book movie except Burton's two Batman movies and (for some reason) The Avengers.

Keaton was the only good Batman IMNHO.

7877_10151579096445382_1193459626_n.jpg

seciors said:
Basically with Batman, he just needs to make a convincing Bruce Wayne
In a solo Bat-movie, sure. But this Bats needs to be able to out-gravitas Cavill, or at the very least match his presence - and I can't see Affleck doing that. At all. :p

hm... i really hope WB continues to ignore fans. the last casting that upset fans to shout "terrible" were heath ledger, hardy and anne hathaway.... if affleck lines up with them.. hell yeah

edit:

the youtube comics made me realize:

there are two batmen on stage
and the joker gave them the oscar!

Some of The 50+ Greatest Tweets about Ben Affleck's casting as Batman, as compiled by io9's Rob Bricken:
Y'all think George Clooney gave Ben Affleck tips on how to suck as Batman?

As a dad, I have to go to all the big superhero movies. Ben Affleck's casting has actually made me love my children less.

"man who directed the latest Oscar winner for Best Picture is going to be directed by the man who did Sucker Punch"

Come Back Val Kilmer All Is Forgiven

In the Ben Affleck version, Batman's parents kill themselves.

Listen, Ben Affleck's probably not thrilled with all of your choices either.

All this outrage over Affleck, yet no noise of the fact that they've got less than two years to make a $200M movie they have no script for.

Fanboys are investing more emotion in this Ben Affleck-Batman thing than I have in entire relationships.

:lol:

What a coinkydink! Have have a similar list about Affleck being Batman:

Hey, guys? Let's all try to remember how AWFUL "Fantastic Four" was but how AWESOME Chris Evans turned out to be as Captain America, huh?

THEY'RE MAKING A MOCKERY OF THE STORY OF A BILLIONAIRE WHO DRESSES AS A BAT TO FIGHT EVIL CLOWNS! THEY'RE RUINING IT!

I'm experience a strange sense of Batman-related schadenfreude right now for some reason.

Guys, here's the thing: He totally *is* the Batman you deserve.

Stop holding DAREDEVIL over Affleck's head. Different era of superhero movie. Different times. Different Affleck.

I bet Ben Affleck smells weird. Like a bucket of clams that's been left in the sun for a couple hours. So he probably shouldn't be Batman.

The "best movie weekend of the year" discussion has been hijacked by pointless musings on a comic movie coming out in 2 years. #MOVIESIN2013

Yes, film press. Affleck as Batman is "bigger" news than Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon. However, right now Cooper is in the better-sounding movie.

REAL story here is WB so pessimistic about "Man of Steel" as a franchise they think they need Batman AND a movie star to save the sequel.

Remember when we all thought Heath couldn't be the Joker? Okay then.

If the movie comes out and Affleck's fucked it up, bitch away. Until then, s'pointless.

Nic said:
Remember when we all thought Heath couldn't be the Joker? Okay then.
Since I was never in that crowd, I am immune to that brand of chastisement. :-D

Nic said:
Yes, film press. Affleck as Batman is "bigger" news than Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon. However, right now Cooper is in the better-sounding movie.
Can't argue with that! :p

Got another one from someone who's pretty big in the business himself:

Joss Whedon said:
Affleck'll crush it. He's got the chops, he's got the chin -- just needs the material. Affleck & Cavill toe to toe -- I'm in.

Sunarep said:
hm... i really hope WB continues to ignore fans. the last casting that upset fans to shout "terrible" were heath ledger, hardy and anne hathaway.... if affleck lines up with them.. hell yeah

I never had a problem with Heath Ledger being cast as The Joker, or with Tom Hardy being cast as Bane. Outside of "Bronson" I had never heard of him before. I did have a huge problem with Anne Hathaway being cast as Selina Kyle/Catwoman though. I had a problem with her being cast prior to the film being released, I had a problem with her after seeing the movie on opening day, and I still have a problem with her in the role. I just don't buy her as Selina Kyle/Catwoman.

My issue with Ben Affleck being cast as Bruce Wayne/Batman is that I have trouble taking him seriously. Maybe I've just seen him in too many Kevin Smith films, but to me he's forever ingrained in my mind as a comedic actor. I know he's done serious films, and I'm one of the few people who actually loves Daredevil, but Batman? I don't know. I can see him playing Bruce Wayne, but I don't know about Batman. I'm willing to reserve judgement until I've seen the film, or at least some footage of him as Batman, but for now consider me very skeptic.

TV's Frink said:
I'm not a comic book reader. I pretty much dislike or meh every comic book movie except Burton's two Batman movies and (for some reason) The Avengers.

Keaton was the only good Batman IMNHO.

Fair enough.

I was attempting to tease playfully. Sorry if it came off as overly snarky. :)

'89 Batman and Avengers are excellent choices to have on your list of "good superhero movies"!

To be honest, I liked both Gaith and Nic's list of tweets. :)

This tweet, though, is epic win:

Adam West @therealadamwest
Remember, Ben, with the cape and cowl comes great responsibility (and lots of heat). Bring deodorant.

----------------------------

Frantic Canadian, re: Catwoman -- Funny thing is, I just watched Batman Returns this year for the first time in about 20 years, and the first time post-DKR, and it struck me how corny Michelle Pfeiffer's performance was. Granted, Burton undoubtedly directed her to be over the top. But it seemed so awkward this time. I'm much more used to the subdued Nolanverse acting now.

I really want DC to suceed with this...I have resented Marvel for a long time, ever since they nearly ruined all their heroes with crappy stunts like Morrison's X-Run, Civil War, and OMD. Their output from comics to tv shows usually stink compared to DC's consistent quality in those departments, and while I love Marvel's movies, I tend to find them ever so overrated and don't quite fulfill me the way certain other films do. Marvel are sadly too big to be humbled at the moment, so I feel like DC are this big underdog. They have made some major misfires over the years with the New 52 and losing great shows like Young Justice, so it would be nice if they got at least something OTHER than their DC Animated movies right for the mass consumers.

agreed Zarius about this underdog thing.

DC still has to prove themselves so they can't really sit back. Whereas Marvel has been so successful they have really streamlined their movies. Most of them entertain but the downside is that they all feel very standard superheroy (looking at you Iron Man 3).

Compared to this I was super glad that Man of Steel at least tried to do something new (at last on screen) by making it about first contact with an alien culture. It just makes the story more interesting to me and the sequel really has potential if they use all the conflicts from part 1 and don't go iron man 2

Back
Top Bottom