• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Back to the Future -The Hill Valley Chronicles Miniseries

May I suggest yet another alternate timeline episode...

^Nah I can't use that, I've used it already :D

updated the ifdb listing to reflect the alternate episode 06A, 06B options, pending moderation

Episode 04 Colour/BW Versions added to opening post

This is heavy!

Finally got 'round to start watching this BttF mini-series. I will watch the entire show over several weeks, just like TV back in Marty's day. But it sure is tempting to binge-watch the entire thing. I had to remind myself to turn it off. What a ride! On so many levels.

- Technical editing is excellent.
- Credits, Next Time, Previously look great. Their length feels accurate to me. When this show would have aired, there would have been commercial breaks between Previously / start of the episode, and end of the episode / Next.
- Narrative editing is incredible. This is about as far from a linear nip-and-tuck edit as you can get. @"Sinbad" , you must have spent a looong time sequencing this. Great Scott! You have created a shining example of what fan editing can do.

Thanks Lapis :) 

i just wanted an excuse to smash them 1955 scenes together!

Episode 05 both versions added, the BW one is a slighltly older version where the previously is a little longer

The Scribbling Man said:
Adabisi said:
I finished watching this edit and really enjoyed it. I liked the 1955 episodes a lot more than Neglify did and felt they were the clear highlight of this edit.  Great work, Sinbad.

This is officially my 2nd favourite BTTF edit.

What's your first favourite?

I can already tell you its the stellar Reality Cut

Or that's how many channels you need to add to your current setup to meet current standards  :D
At least that's what I need to do ;)

Here is my banner idea:
banner.jpg

crlorent said:
theryaney said:
To celebrate it coming to iFDB, I made an alternate full cover for this edit:

What do you think? :)

Since the format of this is a TV Series I was thinking a banner like what thetvdb.com does would be nice. @"theryaney" Do you mind if I borrow your work and post my idea here?

I'm thinking of reformatting this so it has three distinct sections, and following the wide banner (AR: 5.4:1) style from thetvdb. Left section FE logo, middle "BTTF" logo and A FANEDIT BY SINBAD all centered, and then on the right "The Hill Valley Chronicles". I am not in anyway shape or form a professional image editor, I'd be cut and pasting onto layers in GIMP for movement, but I can make something workable which others might appreciate.

Looks good! great job both of you :)

crlorent said:
Here is my banner idea:
banner.jpg

crlorent said:
theryaney said:
To celebrate it coming to iFDB, I made an alternate full cover for this edit:

What do you think? :)

Since the format of this is a TV Series I was thinking a banner like what thetvdb.com does would be nice. @"theryaney" Do you mind if I borrow your work and post my idea here?

I'm thinking of reformatting this so it has three distinct sections, and following the wide banner (AR: 5.4:1) style from thetvdb. Left section FE logo, middle "BTTF" logo and A FANEDIT BY SINBAD all centered, and then on the right "The Hill Valley Chronicles". I am not in anyway shape or form a professional image editor, I'd be cut and pasting onto layers in GIMP for movement, but I can make something workable which others might appreciate.

That's a good idea and well executed. I approve. :)

Added the extended length Colour and BW versions of Episode 06 to first post

This is the one wher the timelines of BTTF1 and BTTF2 go head-2-head and the crux of the original idea for the edit.  It's an extended length episode and differs slightly from the original version as I took the first 7 minutes of Episode 07 and added them to this  to create one bumper length episode.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
The Scribbling Man said:
Adabisi said:
I finished watching this edit and really enjoyed it. I liked the 1955 episodes a lot more than Neglify did and felt they were the clear highlight of this edit.  Great work, Sinbad.

This is officially my 2nd favourite BTTF edit.

What's your first favourite?

I can already tell you its the stellar Reality Cut

f7FdEdG.jpg

Was going the weekly route with this, but couldn't resist binging from episode 7 onwards. Twas thoroughly enjoyed and I'll aim to leave a review sometime in the next few days. Great work, @"Sinbad" ! 

Thank you also for all the hard work you put into this, for being open to feedback and for taking the time to create the alternative versions. I believe your preference was to have the edit in colour, so I really appreciate you putting in the effort to allow folks like me to watch it in B&W and Sepia - it really enhanced the experience!

The Scribbling Man said:
I really appreciate you putting in the effort to allow folks like me to watch it in B&W and Sepia - it really enhanced the experience!

You do know that most all TV's can do b/w and media players probably have the ability to sepia tone the image right?  :p

The Scribbling Man said:
Was going the weekly route with this, but couldn't resist binging from episode 7 onwards. Twas thoroughly enjoyed and I'll aim to leave a review sometime in the next few days. Great work, @"Sinbad" ! 

Thank you also for all the hard work you put into this, for being open to feedback and for taking the time to create the alternative versions. I believe your preference was to have the edit in colour, so I really appreciate you putting in the effort to allow folks like me to watch it in B&W and Sepia - it really enhanced the experience!

Glad you enjoyed it Scrib!  :)  you were a massive help on the edit and really helped push it up a level.  I would have liked to have been able to do more with BTTF3 but I couldn't think of an approach other than trimming it a little bit.  The one thing I did toy with was Marty living out his Clint Eastwood Fantasies, I even tried the Lalo Schrifin music from the final shootout in Sudden Impact over the 'High Noon' bit in Episode 09 as it tied in with Marty practising his draw in front of the mirror.  I thought it might be a bit too jarring in the end though.

Yeah I really like the Black and White episodes but didn't feel I got the sepia looking quite right and thought it might be abit too harsh to watch for pretty much three whole episodes.  Ended up with about 40 files in the end lol what with the BW Sepia versions and the original timeline version which is just the trilogy chopped into 11 episodes.  Thanks again Scrib for all your input!!

Back
Top Bottom